Tazewell vs Graham updates

Lance

it was a good game but in the end graham was just out matched. TJ had a riduculous kick return and graham's first TD was set up by a bad roughing the punter call. Fans at the stadium were chatting "Bring on Richlands" Should be fun next week

it was a good game but in the end graham was just out matched. TJ had a riduculous kick return and graham's first TD was set up by a bad roughing the punter call. Fans at the stadium were chatting "Bring on Richlands" Should be fun next week

bad roughing the punter call?????? are you blind????? Dave got the punt off and got hit low when he came down...it was the easiest call the refs had all day!

T.J. Rasnick!! It was great to see T.J. score two touchdowns. He also added a 43 yard field goal.

and he had room to spare on that kick! that was an amazing kick by him i have to admit.

bad roughing the punter call?????? are you blind????? Dave got the punt off and got hit low when he came down...it was the easiest call the refs had all day!

When a punter takes off running with the ball then punts it, he is game......

When a punter takes off running with the ball then punts it, he is game......

I'm not sure about that, maybe in High School. But, I was watching a game at UVa-Wise a few weeks ago and the punter did one of those punts where they run off to the side a few steps and then punt. One time he did it and ended up getting laid out right after he kicked it and a roughing the kicker penalty was called.

I'm not sure about that, maybe in High School. But, I was watching a game at UVa-Wise a few weeks ago and the punter did one of those punts where they run off to the side a few steps and then punt. One time he did it and ended up getting laid out right after he kicked it and a roughing the kicker penalty was called.

Well first of when Marrs received the snap he drop back to pass and fumble the ball then he picked it up and was running till the Tazewell defender was near him then punted it. So he was game when he dropped the ball to begin with....

Edited by Bulldogs52

If he fumbles the ball and picks it up....then he is live for contact. Check your rule book. That is what happened.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
If he fumbles the ball and picks it up....then he is live for contact. Check your rule book. That is what happened.

Might want to check yours.

2008 NFHS Rule Book.

Rule 9-4-5

Running into or roughing the kicker. A defensive player shall neither run into the kicker or holder, which is contact that displaces the kicker or holder without roughing; nor block, tackle or charge into the kicker of a scrimmage kick, or the place kick holder other than when:

A. Contact is unavoidable because it is not reasonably certain that a kick will be made.

B. The defense touches the kick near the kicker and contact is unavoidable.

C. Contact is slight and partially caused by the kicker.

D. Contact is caused by R being blocked into kicker or holder by K.

Nowhere does it mention that if the ball hits the ground the kicker loses his privideges. Unless im missing something here...

doesn't it say that once he drops the ball to kick, that he is off limits! I had a referee explain that to me this year.

Well it was a questionable call, IMO it could have went any way... It didn't have a major outcome to the game, but IMO if the penalty didn't occur I don't see Graham scoring at all in the game.....

I'm amazed that after the beatdown Tazewell put on us that anyone from Tazewell would care about the roughing the kicker call. It wasn't even a close game at the time of the call....it was pretty obvious to everyone that Graham didn't stand a snowball's chance after the second quarter.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
doesn't it say that once he drops the ball to kick, that he is off limits! I had a referee explain that to me this year.

Id say that has some merit, UNLESS a defensive player is initiating or contact as or right before the kicker drops it, and even if he still kicks it, it wouldnt be roughing IMO due to reason "A" above in my post since he could not stop from hitting him.

and besides the rule says the only time you can hit the kicker is when everyone is unsure as to if the kicker will kick the ball. Well last time i checked an attempted pass then fumble then a little run might just be considered enough reason to believe that a kick won't be made.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

And i would agree with that, but I never saw the play. But because the ball hit the ground means nothing.

and besides the rule says the only time you can hit the kicker is when everyone is unsure as to if the kicker will kick the ball.

But if that were the case, you could hit the kicker everytime he tried a rugby style kick...with that play you aren't sure until he kicks the ball...but that isn't the case. If you touch him, its a penalty.

I personally think the rugby style kick should be banned from the game or the kicker should be fair game on this play with no chance to call roughing the kicker.

They got em baby. Watch what you wish for it may blow up in your face

Go lay down hippy...

I love getting ol Bulldogs52 fired up. If both teams play like they did last week should be a hell of a game. For some reason this feels like earlier in the decade when Richlands beat Marion in the regular season and lost to them in the playoffs. Hopefully not the same outcome. If the Blues play like last week im saying Blues 24 Dawgs 10.