WVU slips past Elon

wvuraiders

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They payed their fines, you think Huggins told the officers to just release them into his custody? they had a trial and everything like that...

I'm sure Huggins punished them in his own way, but that's none of our business. Why are people always concerned about what's going on at WVU?????

That has always fanscinated me... I love it!!!

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Guest JJBrickface

The bad thing is that every WVU thread is turned into something negative like this. This thread was about WVU beating Elon did someone had to immediately make a Huggins comment.

Nick Lachey is a Mountaineers fan, why cant you guys be?

nickwv.jpg?w=525&h=391

That Flying WV looks like it is embedded down at the bottom of the picture, and not on his shirt. Also, I remember catching bits and pieces of his old show on MTV with Jessica Simpson and I am almost positive he is a huge Cincinnati and USC fan. But I've been wrong before.

But on a more serious note, I might throw on a WVU shirt depending on what those girls in the picture would do for me... ;)

Lets act like not other college coaches have screwed up before... I don't see you busting their balls. You obviously love WVU but can't show it because fear of rejection. It's ok, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll always be there for you.

Go watch UVA basketball and enjoy it, they do have a basketball program right?

[sarcasm]Wow, a WVU pity party. Can I join in?![/sarcasm]

Uh, I don't think I have any WVU envy, and I certainly don't love WVU. The 2002 Tire Bowl was a happy, happy time. And UVA has too much success in other sports, thank you. Just played for an ACC soccer title today. Won cross country. I could go on. Hmmm...I think UVA has even had more success than WVU in basketball too. Can I cue the crickets chirping while you kindly tell me how many Final Fours WVU has?

But UVA's basketball coaches, with the exception of Jeff Jones, have been pretty much beyond reproch. Terry Holland was nothing but class; Pete Gillen was the classiest, nicest guy you'd ever want to meet (though he let his players walk all over him); Dave Leitao is a stern disciplinarian who's never been on the wrong side of the law.

Huggins has never, and will never, be guilty of being a saint. Just like Phil Fulmer. And that's all I'm saying. It's a good thing to defend your coach. It's either arrogance or extreme naivete to blindly defend your coach's integrity when he's notoriously grubby.

Edited by UVAObserver

Uh, I don't think I have any WVU envy, and I certainly don't love WVU. The 2002 Tire Bowl was a happy, happy time. And UVA has too much success in other sports, thank you. Just played for an ACC soccer title today. Won cross country. I could go on. Hmmm...I think UVA has even had more success than WVU in basketball too. Can I cue the crickets chirping while you kindly tell me how many Final Fours WVU has?

But UVA's basketball coaches, with the exception of Jeff Jones, have been pretty much beyond reproch. Terry Holland was nothing but class; Pete Gillen was the classiest, nicest guy you'd ever want to meet (though he let his players walk all over him); Dave Leitao is a stern disciplinarian who's never been on the wrong side of the law.

Huggins has never, and will never, be guilty of being a saint. Just like Phil Fulmer. And that's all I'm saying. It's a good thing to defend your coach. It's either arrogance or extreme naivete to blindly defend your coach's integrity when he's notoriously grubby.

no chirpin here 1959 Jerry West and boys lost to Cal in National Championship Game...Don't believe final four was intact but have made it to big game one time....If all of us on this board were as smart savy as you are uva observer the world would be a much better place.

Guest JJBrickface
That Flying WV looks like it is embedded down at the bottom of the picture, and not on his shirt. Also, I remember catching bits and pieces of his old show on MTV with Jessica Simpson and I am almost positive he is a huge Cincinnati and USC fan. But I've been wrong before.

But on a more serious note, I might throw on a WVU shirt depending on what those girls in the picture would do for me... ;)

The shirt is legit. You are right about him being a Cincy fan but I dont know if he was more of a fan of them or Huggins. Lachey was at the NCAA tournament game last year sporting WVU gear. Also during Huggins first midnight madness as wvu coach nick lachey and Michael jordan were featured on the video board wishing Huggins the best of luck.

Guest JJBrickface

You are the one who decided to reply something off topic on a thread about the WVU game. You pretty much asked for it.

no chirpin here 1959 Jerry West and boys lost to Cal in National Championship Game...Don't believe final four was intact but have made it to big game one time....If all of us on this board were as smart savy as you are uva observer the world would be a much better place.

I had forgotten about that Jerry West led team, thanks for bringing that up. But if UVA doesn't lose to NC State in the 2nd round of the ACC tournament by a single point in 1983, we have a championship banner hanging from the rafters. A bit of a painful history for the both of us.

It's not that I think I'm smarter than everyone else, and I feel bad if that's the impression I've left on everyone. I'll be willing to call a truce to agree to disagree about Huggins, because unless this man builds a church and has a public confessional, he's not changing my opinion on him at all.

Edited by UVAObserver

You are the one who decided to reply something off topic on a thread about the WVU game. You pretty much asked for it.

Oh, come on. I made a funny little pun saying how Huggins "weaseled out a victory tonight", and I hit your soft spot. You wanted proof about how Huggins was a weasel, and it's not THAT hard to provide proof about Huggins's indiscretions. You literally did ask for it.

Guest JJBrickface
Oh, come on. I made a funny little pun saying how Huggins "weaseled out a victory tonight", and I hit your soft spot. You wanted proof about how Huggins was a weasel, and it's not THAT hard to provide proof about Huggins's indiscretions. You literally did ask for it.

I was ok with it when you just said this:

"I guess you could say Huggy Bear "weaseled" out a victory tonight... "

I can take a little humor. That wasn't enough for you though and you decided to say more. I have read several posts pertaining to UVA and I don't feel the need to comment on all of them, especially something negative that isn't relevant to the thread.

I was ok with it when you just said this:

"I guess you could say Huggy Bear "weaseled" out a victory tonight... "

I can take a little humor. That wasn't enough for you though and you decided to say more. I have read several posts pertaining to UVA and I don't feel the need to comment on all of them, especially something negative that isn't relevant to the thread.

Perhaps I've got too thick of skin, I don't know. I sure know that I've received quite a bit of flack for cheering for UVA (and having went to college there, indirectly), from WVU (partly) and VT (mostly) fans alike. I'll be happy to stay out of any future WVU threads, but if the fans can't take it, don't dish it. I'll be happy for a truce.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest JJBrickface
Perhaps I've got too thick of skin, I don't know. I sure know that I've received quite a bit of flack for cheering for UVA (and having went to college there, indirectly), from WVU (partly) and VT (mostly) fans alike. I'll be happy to stay out of any future WVU threads, but if the fans can't take it, don't dish it. I'll be happy for a truce.

Hell, its not that I don't want you to post replies to WVU threads. I just get tired of every thread being hijacked.

Lets discuss WVU and UVA. I don't know the results but a few weeks ago WVU traveled to Charlottesville for a closed scrimmage against UVA. This is the 2nd year they have played in a closed scrimmage. I just dont know the end result because the media wasn't there.

Hell, its not that I don't want you to post replies to WVU threads. I just get tired of every thread being hijacked.

Lets discuss WVU and UVA. I don't know the results but a few weeks ago WVU traveled to Charlottesville for a closed scrimmage against UVA. This is the 2nd year they have played in a closed scrimmage. I just dont know the end result because the media wasn't there.

I'd be happy to discuss our guys. :)

I wish they'd at least let a couple of beat writers come to these scrimmages, just to let the outside public know at least who's progressing well, etc. Of course, no score allowed by NCAA rules, but I'd like to see that tradition continue. Close enough to have a good showdown with a non-conference school, and not far enough away to be unfeasible.

From what I heard (and it's not a lot), Farrakhan really dazzled, and that helped him land the starting spot tonight. I know Tucker and Baker didn't see much action there, because they were injured at the time. Zeglinski ran the point efficiently, too. And that's about all I know from our end.

We had a bit of a scare against VMI tonight. Played too much at their tempo, but it's comforting to know that we can put up 107 on a team. Landesburg (our McD AA) was spectacular: 28 points. Our main #4 Scott had 26 and 18. Hopefully, this'll translate to ACC play. I don't think we'll finish last.

remember catching bits and pieces of his old show on MTV with Jessica Simpson and I am almost positive he is a huge Cincinnati and USC fan. But I've been wrong before

Bob Huggins used to be the coach of Cincinnati and Nick was a big fan of him while he coached there. When Cincy let him go he didnt agree with that, so he's kinda just been following Hugs where ever he ended up. This picture was when we played Xavier I believe.

The shirt is legit. You are right about him being a Cincy fan but I dont know if he was more of a fan of them or Huggins. Lachey was at the NCAA tournament game last year sporting WVU gear. Also during Huggins first midnight madness as wvu coach nick lachey and Michael jordan were featured on the video board wishing Huggins the best of luck.

Bob Huggins used to be the coach of Cincinnati and Nick was a big fan of him while he coached there. When Cincy let him go he didnt agree with that, so he's kinda just been following Hugs where ever he ended up. This picture was when we played Xavier I believe.

Also, that flying WV isint just on the bottom part of that picture put there

NLACHEY032708_01.jpg

I stand corrected. Told you I've been wrong before!

Guest JJBrickface
I'd be happy to discuss our guys. :)

I wish they'd at least let a couple of beat writers come to these scrimmages, just to let the outside public know at least who's progressing well, etc. Of course, no score allowed by NCAA rules, but I'd like to see that tradition continue. Close enough to have a good showdown with a non-conference school, and not far enough away to be unfeasible.

From what I heard (and it's not a lot), Farrakhan really dazzled, and that helped him land the starting spot tonight. I know Tucker and Baker didn't see much action there, because they were injured at the time. Zeglinski ran the point efficiently, too. And that's about all I know from our end.

We had a bit of a scare against VMI tonight. Played too much at their tempo, but it's comforting to know that we can put up 107 on a team. Landesburg (our McD AA) was spectacular: 28 points. Our main #4 Scott had 26 and 18. Hopefully, this'll translate to ACC play. I don't think we'll finish last.

I caught the end of it and saw that it was close but UVA pulled it out. Nice win. Is the Mcdonalds all american a freshman? If so thats an impressive first game. WVu's newcomers looked pretty good in their game last night as well.