Bluefield vs. Wayne predictions

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beaver arial assault vs waynes grindem out ground game.......two great traditions........i would have to say beaver gets the edge on speed and wayne gets home field...........unless turnovers or time of possesion are big factors........i say bluefield big plays too much for wayne to overcome........basically its who lets the other one demoralize their spirit, wayne can do it by banging the ball on long time consuming drives, the beavers can do it on one big play after another..............beavers move on.........probably.

Edited by duhwhat
add

Guest BEAVERTAIL

We probably all expected this, but Bluefield will play Friday night at Wayne's Field at 7:30.

Everyone pray for good weather.

Everyone pray for good weather.

I know it's very early, but the forecast in Wayne is only calling for 30% chance of rain/snow showers on Thursday and partly cloudy with a low of 25 degrees on Friday night. It's too early tell because the game is still almost a week away, but it's known for sure that it will definitely be a cold one.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

No wind and rain is what im praying for. Cold wont matter i hope. Thats why they wear gloves. lol

Wind and rain would suck, but I don't think the cold will matter. Wayne has the offense that Bluefield has had trouble with; the up the gut, straight forward running game. If Bluefield can limit Wayne's possessions and the time they have them, they should be fine.

Bluefield - 34

Wayne - 16

I would love to watch this football game. Two of the best football programs in the state and they are playing in the quarterfinals. I hope the winner of this game is the winner in Wheeling in December.

I would love to watch this football game. Two of the best football programs in the state and they are playing in the quarterfinals. I hope the winner of this game is the winner in Wheeling in December.

This may actually be the best game of the AA playoffs.

I think the world of Bluefield's program and look forward to welcoming the Beaver fans back to Pioneer Field.

You'll be happy to know we put in new visiting bleachers in 2006. They're not much higher than they were in 02, but are a bit higher and are better quality. Bring a quilt though...as you know, metal gets cold.

I hope you are treated well and have confidence you will be. There are tons of places to eat between Huntington and Wayne, and if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you suggestions and so forth.

The field is in as good of shape as can be expected. Wayne's final 3 home games (Poca Oct. 24, Logan Nov. 7 and Shady Nov. 14) were all played in rainy conditions so its obviously not perfect. It snowed/rained here today as well, and is supposed to tomorrow too. You won't lose a shoe though...and it's not soupy...lol.

Here's to safe travels Friday night!

From I-64 West, Take Exit 8 (5th Street East) and make a left onto Rt. 152 South. You'll drive on 152 for about 10-12 miles. After you cross the railroad tracks for the 4th time, you're almost there. Keep on going South through the red light at the KFC. The school is located across the bridge on the right on Craig Road, which is about a half-mile or less past the red light. There is a pretty good amount of paved parking, but if you're running late you may end up in grass/mud. You'll see the lights...you can't miss it.

God willing looking forward to it pioneer, I had a great time in '02 when me and thor made the trip for that game. I talked to cobracrimsonguard to and believe I met 1 of the meddings. Thor passed away in '03 but me and a few of my other dogs expect to make the trip to this 1 and any other games bluefield has afterwards, if they do.

Competition wise it should be a very close game, to be honest if it were at mitchell stadium I'd still respect wayne of course but I'd feel confident for bluefield, at wayne however they can't make any mistakes and must put the ball in the endzone and finish drives. I'm confident bluefield can move the ball well against any team overall though, but they still have to finish drives with points and they'll have to do better about their extra points, that could be a difference maker in a close game.

Wayne might be able to reduce the # of possessions bluefield has though and that's where wayne will have their strength, in my opinion their misdirection might be difficult for bluefield to adjust to, and wayne might be able to counter bluefield's scores and limit bluefield's possessions, so bluefield will have to make every possession count.

Anyhow again we're looking forward to it.

Good fortune to wayne and congrats on your alls success as a program.

IMO, wayne is lucky. I dislike the fact that they refuse to play bluefield regular season. I don't believe that ANY team in WV has had the kind of schedule that bluefield has. It makes me a bit queezy when i see these top teams such as grafton losing to a young and (forgive my french) untalented, unathletic eagles from magnolia, however still manage to be at the top of the charts. I believe that schedules ought to be set in stone so a team doesn't have to literally get on it's knees just to play somebody.

This game is a tricky one, however. despite wayne's "good fortune" of having a james-monroe caliber schedule, they have a tendency to rise once a year to the call of a quality football team. Recently, that's been bluefield however they have been snubbed each meeting and that sign that reads "overrated" on their forehead shines ever so brighter. So here's the game that they're getting up for, while bluefield's been getting up all year long. I personally don't believe they deserve to play bluefield, to have a chance to advance. But regardless of what my biased mind thinks, they get to. And because this will be the first realy challenge this year, they're going to show up for once.

This one goes to the beavers. Might get messy, might be scary, but this one goes to bluefield.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I dont think Wayne backed down from the Beavers at all. The fact that they would play JM shows a lot. Plus i think that was a last minute deal, with both teams having a common open date. Thats hard to find in itself. And I am glad Bluefield didnt have to play Wayne, geez, we needed a shady like game this year in the first 3 games!

I think both teams and fanbases have a mutual respect for each other. Or at least the majority of the people who talk on the message boards do.