Bluefield vs. Wayne predictions

bluefieldRocks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I had been skipping over this thread all week, I didn’t know there was so much drama had been happening in it or I would have joined in. lol Ahh, what the heck, I'll join in anyways.

I think yall miss understood jfuller in his original post. I don't he was trying to start a "Richlands should have beat Bluefield" thread. If you all would have watched every Richlands game this season then you would realize that they fielded two completely different teams this season. The team that played PV is a completely different team than what played PC, and I think Bluefield was somewhere in the middle of the transition. That isn't saying that Bluefield wouldn't beat us right now, because they would definitely have a chance, but I do think it would end a little closer, but I digress. I think he was just giving his opinion about what he thought about Bluefield.

I didn’t watch the Richlands/Bluefield game so I will not comment on Bluefield’s performance, but I did watch the Richlands/PV game and I can honestly say I wasn't impressed with them, even though they killed us on the scoreboard.

All I'm saying is that just because you lose to someone doesn’t mean you have to be impressed with them, you may just be that unimpressed with you own team. If that makes any sense.

There is also the possibility that the team you're playing against forces you to have an "off night" if they are better at some things then you of the field.

NO! That is absurd!! Not when you play Richlands!! ;)

Nah, I would say that is the case with the Bluefield game. Like I said I didn't make it to watch the game so I can't say too much about it. My observations came from the PV game, they beat us something like 34-7, and I wasn't impressed by the Vikings, I was disgusted in the Blues. I was just making the point that just because you get beat by a team, that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be impressed by them.

I was just wondering if anyone has been to the field at Wayne... If so, what is the seating like, ie. low bleachers, wooden or metal, etc? Also, what is the field situation??

I think is a grass field with metal bleachers

I don't know much about Wayne this year, but it seems that year in and year out they field a very respectable team. They aren't rated #3 for no reason, and I am sure some will say they didn't play hard competition (I have no idea who they have played), but I look for this to be a very tough game for the Beavers. It is a long trip from Bluefield to Wayne and I am hoping a good number of Bluefield faithful will make the trip. I, unfortunately, will not be able to.

From the past, I know that Wayne likes to run the football and run it hard up the middle. Where has Bluefield's run defense struggled the most this year? With hard running teams up the middle... If Bluefield can control the run, and get that high-powered pass offense rolling, Bluefield should be able to squeeze out a win. If Wayne can run the ball up the middle on the Beavers, I can only hope that Will Cole, Marcus Patterson, Jake Lilly, Cody Wassum, Levi Beckett and the rest of the offense can keep up on the scoreboard.

I wish the Beavers the best of luck and safe travels to the fans.

I will take the Beavers..... 33-21.

Not making any preditions on the winner of this one, but I can see it as being high scoring. Wayne hasn't seen a passing attack like Bluefileld's, and Wayne may well have the best O-line the Beavers have seen as well. I think Wayne will have to score more than the 22 points they put on Shay Spring, I believe the loser of this game may score over 30.

I'll go ahead and say it now before I get busy tomorrow and forget...

For all the Beaver fans coming up, I wish you all a safe trip! And once again, if you want information on places to eat, PM me and I'll give you information!

For the record, the visiting wooden bleachers at Wayne were taken out and new metal bleachers were installed in 2006. It's a little higher than it was when you guys came in 2002, but it's not quite as high as I would like, so you may need to get there early to get on the top 4 rows. I think they went a few feet longer on each side and two rows higher now than they were before. Also, we have brand new lights this year, so hopefully one bank won't go out like it did in 2002 (which ironically happened like, 3 times in 18 years...just happened that night).

Does anyone have an e-mail address for the Bluefield radio crew? I will send them some additional information for their broadcast. I couldn't locate an e-mail address on their site

Edited by PioneerPA
Thought of some additional information to post

What stands out from the James Monroe trip to Wayne last year during the playoffs was the number of Tolsia fans on the JM side of the field. The new lights were needed bad this field was dark in a lot of spots.

I have seen Bluefield and Wayne play this year and I think Bluefield is by far the better team. Good luck Beavers.

I didn't think it was going to be such the shoot outs still about the same result.

I did. Haven't been this right about a game in a long time. Bluefield couldn't stop the run, Wayne couldn't stop the pass. Still a nice comeback from Bluefield, and just being in the playoffs, most teams don't recover from an 0-3 start. Wayne's a good squad, I knew that after they beat JM by 21 points, it'll be a very good game with them and Grafton next week.

I did. Haven't been this right about a game in a long time. Bluefield couldn't stop the run, Wayne couldn't stop the pass. Still a nice comeback from Bluefield, and just being in the playoffs, most teams don't recover from an 0-3 start. Wayne's a good squad, I knew that after they beat JM by 21 points, it'll be a very good game with them and Grafton next week.

Thanks, and beat Weir!!

Congratulations to Wayne! You all were the better team last night and I wish you luck the rest of the way. I would like to see Wayne vs. James Monroe in Wheeling. Beavers, you have nothing to hang your heads over. The way you guys came back last night showed what you are all about on the field and off. Job well done! Win or lose always proud to be a beaver fan.

I can honestly say that I have never been more proud of a Bluefield team than what I was on Friday night. I know yall didn't win and I know your season is over, but as I was taking the long ride home I began to think about this past season.

You guys started out 0-3, something that doesn't happen often in Beaver football, and you could have conceided defeat and settled for a mediocre season. One problem with that....PRIDE. Kids around here dream of wearing the Maroon and White and walkin into Mitchell Stadium in front of 10,000 + fans. No matter where the game may be, a good number of Beaver Faithful are always there. No matter what the weather, Beaver Nation is there. The 2008 Bluefield Beaver football team helped me realize that eventhough we may lose, we still have tradition that would rival any school, anywhere.

After starting 0-3, you guys reeled off 6 straight wins (in convincing fashion) and were a few plays away from beating the best team in the state. You entered the playoffs ranked 11th, a place not many Beaver teams have been and you go to Scott and demolish the #5 Skyhawks.

Last Friday night, you guys fell behind by 20 points twice, another place unusual to Bluefield. With 6 minutes left and down by 20, you guys could have given up and handed Wayne an easy win, but you didn't. You rallied around your coaches, your teammates, your brothers and nearly pulled off an amazing comeback. The fact that you put yourselves into position to win that game showed me just as much as if you would have won.

Congratulations to every player on the Bluefield Beavers team. The pain I feel for the seniors is hard to bear, eventhough I, myself, have never played a down of football in my life. You don't have to play football in Bluefield to feel the tradition and passion, you just have to be there.

I hope every player on this team takes more from this season than any other season in their past, even last year's championship season. I wish all the seniors the best of luck in whatever dreams they pursue and may God bless them in their life journeys.

We Believe, Beavers, We Believe.

I can honestly say that I have never been more proud of a Bluefield team than what I was on Friday night. I know yall didn't win and I know your season is over, but as I was taking the long ride home I began to think about this past season.

You guys started out 0-3, something that doesn't happen often in Beaver football, and you could have conceided defeat and settled for a mediocre season. One problem with that....PRIDE. Kids around here dream of wearing the Maroon and White and walkin into Mitchell Stadium in front of 10,000 + fans. No matter where the game may be, a good number of Beaver Faithful are always there. No matter what the weather, Beaver Nation is there. The 2008 Bluefield Beaver football team helped me realize that eventhough we may lose, we still have tradition that would rival any school, anywhere.

After starting 0-3, you guys reeled off 6 straight wins (in convincing fashion) and were a few plays away from beating the best team in the state. You entered the playoffs ranked 11th, a place not many Beaver teams have been and you go to Scott and demolish the #5 Skyhawks.

Last Friday night, you guys fell behind by 20 points twice, another place unusual to Bluefield. With 6 minutes left and down by 20, you guys could have given up and handed Wayne an easy win, but you didn't. You rallied around your coaches, your teammates, your brothers and nearly pulled off an amazing comeback. The fact that you put yourselves into position to win that game showed me just as much as if you would have won.

Congratulations to every player on the Bluefield Beavers team. The pain I feel for the seniors is hard to bear, eventhough I, myself, have never played a down of football in my life. You don't have to play football in Bluefield to feel the tradition and passion, you just have to be there.

I hope every player on this team takes more from this season than any other season in their past, even last year's championship season. I wish all the seniors the best of luck in whatever dreams they pursue and may God bless them in their life journeys.

We Believe, Beavers, We Believe.

EXCELLENT POST! I don't think anybody could have put it any better. GO BEAVERS!!!