SWD Varsity Gilrs

GrahamPG44

Carroll, Abingdon, Graham, Richlands, Tazewell, Grundy, Marion in that order... Abingdon did beat Carroll 1 out of 3 last year. Also not real sure on Tazewell, did they get any players from Poco like the boys did?

Carroll, Abingdon, Graham, Richlands, Tazewell, Grundy, Marion in that order... Abingdon did beat Carroll 1 out of 3 last year. Also not real sure on Tazewell, did they get any players from Poco like the boys did?

I'm pretty sure the girls from Pocy won't help Tazewell...they were getting beat by scores like 81-15 and 63-8 last season...

I would have to agree mostly but I believe Grundy will be better than sixth. They looked pretty good last year and have a lot returning. Marion has some talent, unfortunately not at the coaching position.

I would have to agree mostly but I believe Grundy will be better than sixth. They looked pretty good last year and have a lot returning. Marion has some talent, unfortunately not at the coaching position.

Grundy returns EVERYONE

Abingdon, Carroll, Graham, Tazewell, Marion, Grundy, Richlands.

I think carroll will continue to win the district and also abingdon's best player from last year is now going to oak hill am i right? if so that gives abingdon less of a chance to make a run at it although i think they still could

i think the coach has nothing to do with it #12 for the girls is amazing she could easily play at the high school level and shes only in 7th grade

That's true, she has a great game for her age.

I was in Grundy this week and spoke with some girl's bball parents -- they said they are hopeful of a good season, but don't feel confident.

As for Richlands 7th grade -- they are good -- but several kids are hold backs -- they also play alot of AAU ball -- I like Fred and think he does a good job, but this team would be doing well with almost any coach -- I wonder how long this will last -- kids get tired when everything is centered around one or two players --

If you really want to see a good female athlete -- check out Grundy's middle school team -- they have a girl #20 who is a true 6th grader and she is really good -- she handles the ball well and can shoot the lights out!

as posted in an earlier thread that she was a hold back, I got some info to pass along. She is the true age of a seventh grader. 13 to be exact. she held back in 5th grade but started school as a 4yr old. anyways it dont matter football players do it all the time.

I don't think Holly Bowman is the best in SWD -- she is good at times but somewhat sporadic -- we'll just have to wait and see who makes the big plays in the tough games -- that in my opinion is the best. I think Grundy and Holly Bowman travel to Tazewell tomorrow for what I believe is the first SWD game of the season for either the boys or girls -- I hope to get to that game --