Division 1 State Semis Location

sball44

What happened to Wise???? this is a load of crap!!! they are just scared!!

They are scared of what? Clintwood traveleled to Bath County last year for the semis, was Bath County scared? Lol! Next year if Holston wins ,would you not want the game to be played at Holston? I just got off the phone with Clintwood coaching staff and they say the field should be in good shape. Many volunteers are pitching in to help with getting it into shape. Our guys from Green can win on grass or on turf, just ask Burton. Burton has the fastest backs in Southwest VA. Jaycob Coleman and Matinez Miles can flat out fly,yet Clintwood found a way to win. Both teams on Saturday will play on the same field. Both teams should be excited they are given this oppurtunity to play, many teams have bit the dust and will have to wait until next year to try again. I would recommend all who are coming to arrive early, parking is tight. Clintwood will bring a large crowd. I believe we are going to have a sunny day to play,temps in the mid-forties. See you at the game!:)

This game could be played on asphalt, wood floor, field turf, or astro turf and it wouldn't matter. Don't know where the Holston people have heard that Clintwood has no speed, but on Saturday you'll find out.

no i know they have speed but i was just saying that maybe holston could be fast on turf and give clintwood a good game!

Home-field alternates between Region C and D each year. And home-field should be home-field and not neutral field.

ok,then why does everyone else play on a neutral field?the semi and state finals should be played on a neutral field..the game is over but still wonder about it..

They don't. William Campbell traveled to Franklin. The only reason anyone travels is if there's not enough seating or a field is badly damaged.

just got home from the thriller at tech-from what i have heard the holston-clintwood game was a good one. i'm glad holston represented really well someone said it was the best defense they have played this year. did clintwood score a couple of late td's. appreciate any info on game. all i heard was what a blowout this was going to be and it ended up being a good game. good job cavs!

Clintwood was up 41-0 in the 4th with about 7 minutes to go and Holston scored 3 times on reserves. It was far from the best defense they'd played this year. The best defense they'd played didn't give up 40+. Holston had negative offensive yards until the 4th quarter and didn't cross the 50 until the reserves were put in. It was a blowout. Holston played hard though and didn't quit.

Edited by Ironlung

just got home from the thriller at tech-from what i have heard the holston-clintwood game was a good one. i'm glad holston represented really well someone said it was the best defense they have played this year. did clintwood score a couple of late td's. appreciate any info on game. all i heard was what a blowout this was going to be and it ended up being a good game. good job cavs!

Thanks to some early turnovers by Clintwood the game was 13-0 at half-time. Clintwoods coaches must have fired them up in the locker room at half-time. Clintwood scored 28 points in the next 15 minutes and the score was 41-0. Around the 9 minute mark in the 4th quarter Clintwood put in their JV squad, Holston did finally make some plays and cut the score 41-21. The game was not as close as it appears,however Holston did give it 100% and played very hard. Clintwoods defense was just too stout for Holstons offense to do anything with. #15 Eric Mefford was shut down and I think he had only 4 yards on 14 carries, I give him credit,he got pounded but still demonstrated good sportsmanship. Hokstons fans were very supportive of their team, many were there cheering the Cavs. The field was in good shape and it did not rain until the game was over. Too bad my friends from Lebanon lost a heart breaker,that must have been some game. Franklin beat William Campbell and that shocked the entire Clintwood crowd when that score was announced over the PA. Dont know much about Franklin but they must be pretty darn good to beat William Campbell. How about them Hokies ! 17-14 victors:)