45-35 Lest We Forget!

beano5

this is the exact reason that there needs to be a playoff system in NCAA football... this is how i would rank them, should it be in my hands.

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. Texas

4. Alabama

5. USC

6. Texas Tech

7. Penn State

Alabama may be undefeated, but these 3.. 1 loss teams are better. There's no way Alabama can handle Florida.

We will find out Saturday.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, I don't think we've talked enough about how much Texas was screwed. They won the head to head contest, therefore, should be going to the Big XII championship game. Beano, I feel for ya buddy.

45-35 LEST WE FORGET.

I'm not forgetting.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I agree that the SEC Championship game will decide the National Champ. VTCC, I'm not going to do it but im sure Beavertail can take your logic of Bama being better than UF and use examples to disprove it. Just like how last year, using that logic, Duke was better than LSU.

Well I cant do it for Alabama because they havent lost yet. If you compare scores like Alabama beat X by 23 and Florida beat them by 25 which a lot of people do, is wrong as well and incorrect and is proven as incorrect, but very complicated to do for what i am doing here.

Anyways, I think we all agree Florida is the best team, so i will go with them for now...

Florida got beat by Ol Miss.

Ol miss lost to Vanderbilt.

Vanderbilt lost to Duke.

Duke lost to VT.

VT lost to ECU.

ECU lost to Houston.

Houston loses to Marshall.

Therefore Marshall is better than Florida in just 6 degrees of separation.

The Thundering Herd, 2008 BCS Champions.

Wait, I don't think we've talked enough about how much Texas was screwed. They won the head to head contest, therefore, should be going to the Big XII championship game. Beano, I feel for ya buddy.

45-35 LEST WE FORGET.

I'm not forgetting.

thank you for actually posting on THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD..if i wanted this to be an Alabama-Florida pissing contest i would have named it that...Texas won the head to head match-up on a neutral site...they should be in...simple as that...but the computers dont believe that for some strange reason...you can say all you want about Oklahoma putting up points blah blah blah...a W is a W..and Texas got the W in the Red River Shootout...like they said on Sportscenter today..i guess the Red River Shootout is nothing but a rivalry game now instead of deciding the winner of the Big XII South...im still pissed about this..its retarded...

Guest BEAVERTAIL
i guess the Red River Shootout is nothing but a rivalry game now instead of deciding the winner of the Big XII South...im still pissed about this..its retarded...

Rivalry. Not shootout.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Use Shootout. It is what it is. I hate using rivalry.

Using politcally correct terms is dumb. Call me a "rebel".

And BTW, sooner or later someone will make Ol Miss change as well.

45-35 LEST WE FORGET.

I'm not forgetting.

What have you done for me lately? that is the most important question in college football. Oklahoma is Undefeated since the Red River Rivialry, not even having a close game to mention. Texas has been impressive, but that last second loss in Lubick doomed the Horns, especially when Oklahoma dominated Texas Tech the way they did. My opionion is that the BCS got it right, I believe Oklahoma should be playing for the Big 12 championship. Also. Mr. Bradford can clinch the Heisman (IMO) if the Sooners beat Missouri, which they should.

thats where we disagree...the facts are the facts...Texas beat OU on a neutral field...Texas lost in the last second in the last game of a BRUTAL 4 game streak...Texas should be in...Colt McCoy should sweep the Heisman because if you look at it...Colt McCoy is Texas' offense...if you think of the Heisman as an MVP award then Colt is the one for the trophy...if you take away a Sam Bradford from OU they will still be just as good..if you take away a Tim Tebow from Florida they will most likely be just as good (hes the only one thats close to equal to his team with Colt)...if you take away Michael Crabtree or Graham Harrell from Texas Tech then they would still be the same team...Colt McCoy also CRUSHED Daunte Culpepper's record for completion precentage in a season...previous record was 72 percent..Colt McCoy's percentage in the 77-78 range...

thats where we disagree...the facts are the facts...Texas beat OU on a neutral field...Texas lost in the last second in the last game of a BRUTAL 4 game streak...Texas should be in...Colt McCoy should sweep the Heisman because if you look at it...Colt McCoy is Texas' offense...if you think of the Heisman as an MVP award then Colt is the one for the trophy...if you take away a Sam Bradford from OU they will still be just as good..if you take away a Tim Tebow from Florida they will most likely be just as good (hes the only one thats close to equal to his team with Colt)...if you take away Michael Crabtree or Graham Harrell from Texas Tech then they would still be the same team...Colt McCoy also CRUSHED Daunte Culpepper's record for completion precentage in a season...previous record was 72 percent..Colt McCoy's percentage in the 77-78 range...

Colt MCCoy has had one hell of a year, no question about that. He has been the most efficent quaterback in the country by far. But, Bradford has also put the ball in the Air more times than Colt, so naturally his completion percentage will be lower. And with as many attempts that Bradford has to only throw 7 or 8 ints is remarkable. Plus, and I know you are going to hate this, Sam Bradford is playing for the Big 12 Championship on saturday while Colt is sitting at home, which gives Bradford the advantage in the hesiman race. I dont agree with you statement that if you take Bradford away from Oklahoma they would be the same team, or if Texas Tech didnt have Harrel or Crabtree they would be the same (This weeknd against Baylor proves you wrong there, with Crabtree out most of the game and Harrel playing with two shattered fingers on his non-throwing hand).

BTW, I am a Tennessee fan, dont want to be confused as a Oklahoma or a Texas fan

Guest BEAVERTAIL

None of those players, if taken from their teams would be as good as a team than before.

Look at Baylor vs. TT

Tim Tebow is the best player college football has seen in awhile, there is no way UF would be as good. Im pretty sure he leads in rushing and passing for his team. You cant just take away 52 Tds last year and be a National Champion.

And neither would Texas be as good with Colt.

Colt MCCoy has had one hell of a year, no question about that. He has been the most efficent quaterback in the country by far. But, Bradford has also put the ball in the Air more times than Colt, so naturally his completion percentage will be lower.

Say what?? Colt McCoy has completed 23 more passes on the year with 18 fewer attempts than Bradford. Throw in the fact that Texas does not have as many offensive weapons or the running game of Oklahoma, and that Texas plays the schedule rated toughest in America, and you should recognize the load McCoy has carried this year. Oops, I forgot to mention that he is also his team’s leading rusher…..

Edited by parsons

Florida would not be the team they are now without Tim Tebow, its absurd to say otherwise. You can maybe take away Graham Harrell from TT and they be ok, but not Crabtree. TT's other receivers have put up great numbers this year due to teams double and triple teaming Crabtree.

Everyone says Texas beat OU on a "neutral field"...

Seriously, just how "neutral" is it being that it was in the largest city in TEXAS...definitely a homefield advantage for the Longhorns...

Seriously, just how "neutral" is it being that it was in the largest city in TEXAS...definitely a homefield advantage for the Longhorns...

Same thing I was thinking.

its a neutral field...about the same distance from Norman to Dallas and Austin to Dallas...and if you think Texas has a homefield advantage there then you are far from right...there are just as many OU fans at that game year in and year out as there are Texas fans...

USC is fine going up against teams that don't run the spread option offense very well. It shows every year. Oregon last year, Oregon State this year. I will give Carroll some credit as he did make good adjustments for the Rose Bowl game with Illinois, but the spread option offense has given the Trojans trouble. If they were to face Florida, who has a spread option attack along with a legit passing game, I don't think it would be too much of a game.

Alabama was on the road.

That's what I was talking about. I knew Florida lost at home, but I was pointing out that Alabama almost lost to Ole Miss at home as well..........Bryant-Denny is Alabama's home park