In the final regular season game of his career.......

CPF

I am wrong, according to espn he is a junior. But anyway, it is still pathetic that a quarterback as good as hall never got a shot because of his height and the coaching staff's stupidity.

The guys on the Jerry Miller show said that if Hall played QB today and did well Groh would be shown as the fool he really is. He laughed at the media throughout the season when questions about playing Hall at QB were asked. Here's to Al Groh staying around another few seasons in C'ville.

GMan, I don't know about you, but I was having flashbacks to a game a few years ago at Mitchell everytime Hall broke contain.

What school did Hall play for? I haven't been in this area too long so I don't know much about the history of some special games around here.

GMan, I don't know about you, but I was having flashbacks to a game a few years ago at Mitchell everytime Hall broke contain.

Yep. When he broke off that first TD run, I looked at my wife and said, "we're in trouble, I've seen him do that too many times before and I don't think we have anyone on our team fast enough to stop him once he gets in the open field".

It just so happened that the young guy sitting in front of me played against Hall in high school every season...he was having flashbacks as well...he said his team was always on the wrong side of the 50+ point margin of victory when they played Gretna...

BTW, Hall was the one who ran down TT on his long run...:eek:...and caused a fumble by Glennon when he blitzed off the corner...

He played for Gretna, a few years ago, in Bradshaw's senior year I believe. Gretna and Graham played a state semi-final game(i ithink) at Mitchell.

His teams went 28-0 his junior and senior years and won back-to-back State Titles and were never challenged in any of those games...the Graham-Gretna game in the State Semis (Bradshaw's last game at Graham) was the closest game they had in that two year run (34-22). Hall holds several VHSL records.

Hall was a hell of a talent in high school and fun to watch. He clearly was the best athlete on the field in Blacksburg yesterday anywhere. I remember someone posting here last year saying they thought that Hall was not thick enough to play QB at UVA after Hagens. I thought they were pretty close to the same size.

Groh has been under fire since UVA signed Hall that he was not going to play QB. Groh is an idiot for not letting Hall play QB sooner. Hall is the VHSL class AA all purpose yards leader all time and he won't play offense in college?? What the hell??

His teams went 28-0 his junior and senior years and won back-to-back State Titles and were never challenged in any of those games...the Graham-Gretna game in the State Semis (Bradshaw's last game at Graham) was the closest game they had in that two year run (34-22). Hall holds several VHSL records.

they said on espn that when he graduated high school he had 13,000 all-purpose yards and that was 5th all time on the national high school level...

13770...all time total offense leader in VA...Ronald Curry is second, 2200 yards behind.

He has two of the top three total offense seasons...4434 his junior year and 4852 his senior year.

He was responsible for 171 total TDs (passing, rushing, receiving, and returning) for his career...second all time in VA behind Ronald Curry.

VA all time leader in touchdown pass...105...16 more than #2 Curry.

VA all time leader in passing yaradage...8731.

i will say that he had a few nice runs but i wouldnt say he needs to be qb. he completed...0 passes i think. all his yards came on big runs. he was stopped at the line and behind the line many times maybe if they work on his passing he could be desent

Yep. When he broke off that first TD run, I looked at my wife and said, "we're in trouble, I've seen him do that too many times before and I don't think we have anyone on our team fast enough to stop him once he gets in the open field".

It just so happened that the young guy sitting in front of me played against Hall in high school every season...he was having flashbacks as well...he said his team was always on the wrong side of the 50+ point margin of victory when they played Gretna...

BTW, Hall was the one who ran down TT on his long run...:eek:...and caused a fumble by Glennon when he blitzed off the corner...

I screamed like a kid at Christmas when I saw #4 line up behind center. I literally just about broke down. I'm not freaking kidding you. FOUR LONG YEARS I waited to see that, and it was every bit as good as it should be. And he should be back there on snap 1 of the 2009 opener. Of course, you could slap Mike/Al Groh for putting a young man who hasn't played QB in 4 years behind center in the biggest game of the year, but it was brilliant. And it just about worked. TOTALLY caught the Hokies off-guard in the first drive. On his HUGE run, he was flat out gassed. Of course, Verica threw into double coverage while in FG range for the virtual game-ending INT. *And I even called it.* I saw the Singleback 3-WR set, and I say to my buddies: "Look for Ogletree in the slot, he's going to run a post." Ogletree ran his post. And I knew when Verica released it that it was a surefire INT.

Vic Hall deserves every ounce of credit imaginable. Poor guy did everything Saturday. I'd have rather lost 49-0 than lose like that. Less heartbreaking that way.

i will say that he had a few nice runs but i wouldnt say he needs to be qb. he completed...0 passes i think. all his yards came on big runs. he was stopped at the line and behind the line many times maybe if they work on his passing he could be desent

Yes, 0 passes, but the one was a TD without the pass interference...

Both Grohs should be fired for that. That in itself is a fireable offense. Keep Pruett and Poindexter, fire the rest of them.

And I apologize for 3 straight posts. I just have to get it of my chest.

Vic Hall can pass the ball. That is not an area he is lacking in haha. When Tazewell played them it was atcually a close game at halftime but then he just, completely took over. Best player I've ever played against, hands down.

Or Ahmad could have been the leading rusher in the Super Bowl. I think that may be a tad bit better than teaming up with a poorly used Vic Hall in the defensive backfield haha

Hahaha. Agreed. Why play DB at a mediocre college program when you could be bringing in 6 figures (I'm assuming)?

Hahaha. Agreed. Why play DB at a mediocre college program when you could be bringing in 6 figures (I'm assuming)?

Perhaps because he committed to a program that had Bill Musgrave as its OC, not Mike Groh. Not only that, he signed very early, his junior year. There's a lot to be said for honoring your commitment, especially when the coaching staff's always a-changin' and even when they don't use you like you deserve to be used.

He's got more integrity and heart than the vast majority of people, that's for sure.