Year of the Cavs

cavdaddy

It has been a long weekend and the lost was hard to handle; however, I first want to congratulate Clintwood on winning. But I would like to look back at what we've accomplished this year. One: We finished the regular season 8-2 with a winning record in our district. Two: we represented Cavalier football well in the playoffs. Third: We won a Region Championship and brought a back football fever to Damascus. I want to congratulate Coach Matlock and our boys for an awesome year and believe we are headed in the right direction! Our motto for next year: State Champs or Bust!! Great Year Guys! :D

Think you need to change your signature to 2008 Champs of the Weakest Region in the state and cant beat a good team in order to get a ring. Haha

Think your signature needs to be changed to "we in Falcon nation did nothing in football this year so we have to resort to bashing a good football team. The only coverage you all got was 2 big busts for underage drinking your big almighty precious Falcons seem to be partying instead making the playoffs get over yourself geez you have harped on these people enough they went you all sat at home nuff said:D

Think you need to change your signature to 2008 Champs of the Weakest Region in the state and cant beat a good team in order to get a ring. Haha

How about those weak falcolns? Weakest team in the swd.

Think your signature needs to be changed to "we in Falcon nation did nothing in football this year so we have to resort to bashing a good football team. The only coverage you all got was 2 big busts for underage drinking your big almighty precious Falcons seem to be partying instead making the playoffs get over yourself geez you have harped on these people enough they went you all sat at home nuff said:D

oh right cause every teen drinking party automatically has kids from the football team there

enough with the useless comparisons. Holston and Abingdon do not and will not ever play. Abingdon folks, you have nothing at all to brag about this year. Holston folks, who in Abingdon actually gives a it about what was accomplished? Both sides, get off it! It's just stupid. I live in Damascus. I work in Abingdon. I have kids at both schools. (Stepson was #44 for the Cavs - heck of a year - quoted by Bristol paper more than any other player and just a sophomore! Daughter was flute on 40 yard line in mighty falcon band - awesome year -just a freshman!). I'm half-blue and half-red. (Should get a shot for that). I'm a member of both athletic booster organizations. Both sides, GET OVER YOURSELVES! AND QUIT RUINING MY LIFE! (To quote Mad Max from John Boy and Billy. Actually, the more you talk to each other, the more you expose yourselves, so I just hope you'll quit embarrassing my two favorite schools!).

umm,who has been bashing every school known to man?just a hint..it starts with an A....good god..they can't handle being bad..i think next yr holston will win the hogo and might be right back in the hunt for region and maybe state..just don't look to far ahead cause that's when you find yourself on the couch in nov.i'd like to say i had a great time this yr..had fun everywhere except in 2 places..guess which 2?

you all need to not judge all abingdon people based on certain peeps... i dont kno what preachers problem is.... anyways Holston had a great year! you all have improved yourselves better and better the past 2 years and i wouldn't be surprised if you all do win state next year!! to everyone else.. come on grow up already there is no need in running your mouth about other schools ecspecially when you dont have the slightest clue as to whats going on.. you all base the whole abingdon football team to one ignorant kid who was on the football team that had a party... and you say abingdon is the weakest in the swd?? why even waste your time saying stuff like that?? some of you people have some maturity problems!!

I think Holston will win the region next year as well. Maybe get over the hump, but I don't know what Clintwood/JI Burton return.

Clintwood and Burton both lose a ton but will still be in the Region D Mix next season IMHO Haysi will probably be the early Div 1 Fav going into next season

Clintwood and Burton both lose a ton but will still be in the Region D Mix next season IMHO Haysi will probably be the early Div 1 Fav going into next season

i thought haysi lost all their good players. heard holston beat up on them early in a scrimmage this past year. don't know if they would have anything for the cavs.

i thought haysi lost all their good players. heard holston beat up on them early in a scrimmage this past year. don't know if they would have anything for the cavs.

I may be wrong but I was thinking Haysi lost there Big TE and Kicker but that was pretty much it............ Clintwood returns alot of kids that will have played in 2 State championship games but will have ALOT of holes to fill........Burton Returns much of there Line and 1,000 yard rusher Miles but will have to plug in ALOT of young kids to fill out there team IMHO how well the youner Stewert preforms at QB will have alot to do with there success