Swd 2009

rhs_33

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what i hear they are looking at possibly largen who used to do the maintenance for the county...i also heard showe wanted to move up to head varsity coach but i will fight that as far as i can....i would like to have largen...but i would love to have coach passan back...i know alot of the players didnt care for him but thats b/c he made them work..and that is what we need to do work...im tired of losing games because dumb errors....and because no one is willing to put in the extra time....

i want to actually win some games my senior year and with only me and jake miller returning as seniors we will have a young varsity team

Guest BEAVERTAIL
from what i hear they are looking at possibly largen who used to do the maintenance for the county...i also heard showe wanted to move up to head varsity coach but i will fight that as far as i can....i would like to have largen...but i would love to have coach passan back...i know alot of the players didnt care for him but thats b/c he made them work..and that is what we need to do work...im tired of losing games because dumb errors....and because no one is willing to put in the extra time....

i want to actually win some games my senior year and with only me and jake miller returning as seniors we will have a young varsity team

Why not Showe?

yea buddy i hear you you got me and taylor coming up sophmores lol but yeam man we do have a young team i just hope we get a good coach haha but yea when you want ot go up to the field and work a little bit?
You better if you want to compete this year!

When has graham ever really been competitive??

Teams will be Richlands, Abingdon, and Tazewell like it always is.

im pretty sure he means to just hopefully field a team,

the graham area needs a good little league to start. in northern wv where i came from everone played baseball we even won a statechampionship up there and down here in the graham area there isnt even a decent little league program. unless there are programs to teach kids the basics and get them interested then im afraid graham wont get any better.

im pretty sure he means to just hopefully field a team,

the graham area needs a good little league to start. in northern wv where i came from everone played baseball we even won a statechampionship up there and down here in the graham area there isnt even a decent little league program. unless there are programs to teach kids the basics and get them interested then im afraid graham wont get any better.

the reason there isnt a little league program is because of mike wood and lonnie yates...there used to be a very strong little league program but they accused my dad of stealing money because he got private donation from his clients and they didnt like it....and the reason i dont want showe is because harclerode can vouch for this...he missed half the games bc of working at the bank...we need a coach that can dedicate his time not come thirty minutes late for practice everyday.....but i talked to brandy barares and she said doug marrs told largen the position had already been filled soooo im guessing showe got it :( soo idk....but we need dedication on the team like we had when mccoy tj marrs and yost played.....with me and jake the only seniors you better believe we are gonna beat the crap out of anyone who doesnt practice im tired of the jv being well B**ches and not practicing hard and giving the coaches backtalk.....we need to get back to fundamentals....im just glad thompkins isnt coming back......this season will be for coach campbell and my last year of baseball...i want it to be half way decent...and as far as tazewell and richlands well we could be good too if we had the facilities and equipment handed to us from a mlb star or our rich snob parents....and carroll i know for a fact their coach...Thompkins' dad has been in trouble with the county and district for cheating on several different occasions....

I mean no disrespect in anything that follows. Having played baseball at Graham many moons ago, this is my frank, honest opinion.

I'd love to see Largen have a shot at it, TBH. A great guy, and he'd bring a pitcher's mentality, which is something that Graham's always lacked.

This is the perfect opportunity for someone to come in and erase the culture of losing in GHS baseball. Someone who'll come in and reinforce the fundamentals of the game, which have ALWAYS seemed to hurt Graham at inopportune times. Someone who'll make the young men work and work HARD to get better: actual fielding drills instead of 2.5 hours of fungo. Someone who can develop live arms instead of plugging up a pitching machine as a substitute. Someone who'll condition these young men into baseball athletes instead of relying on football training to carry them through. Someone who'll take the extra time to help the young men work out of hitting slumps and reinstill confidence when it's lacking. Because it's not been there since Sam McKinney left (1991, am I right?).

Campbell cared about his players and cared about the program, but the preceding was NOT him. And as someone who loves baseball and wants to see Graham not play with, but COMPETE with, the likes of Tazewell, Carroll County, Abingdon, and Richlands, NOW is the time to find someone to lead GHS baseball out of the wilderness.

It would be nice to compete with these other schools as you have said. However, these schools have solid Little League programs laying the foundation for success at the high school level. They also play in and are competitive in USSSA tournaments in the summer and fall. Baseball is a sport that needs to be learned early on with good fundamentals, etc. Only then can you improve those skills as a player gets older. With very few exceptions, it is a sport that is very difficult to begin playing in say 9th grade. Most sports today have year round programs and conditioning. To be competitive, you just can't pick up a glove and a bat for 8-10 weeks a year....

the reason there isnt a little league program is because of mike wood and lonnie yates...there used to be a very strong little league program but they accused my dad of stealing money because he got private donation from his clients and they didnt like it....and the reason i dont want showe is because harclerode can vouch for this...he missed half the games bc of working at the bank...we need a coach that can dedicate his time not come thirty minutes late for practice everyday.....but i talked to brandy barares and she said doug marrs told largen the position had already been filled soooo im guessing showe got it :( soo idk....but we need dedication on the team like we had when mccoy tj marrs and yost played.....with me and jake the only seniors you better believe we are gonna beat the crap out of anyone who doesnt practice im tired of the jv being well B**ches and not practicing hard and giving the coaches backtalk.....we need to get back to fundamentals....im just glad thompkins isnt coming back......this season will be for coach campbell and my last year of baseball...i want it to be half way decent...and as far as tazewell and richlands well we could be good too if we had the facilities and equipment handed to us from a mlb star or our rich snob parents....and carroll i know for a fact their coach...Thompkins' dad has been in trouble with the county and district for cheating on several different occasions....

We need more people like Wagner. He is giving back to a place where he played the game. Not trying to sound mean but the facilities and equipment don't mean a thing if your not willing to work and work hard. I know most of Tazewell players work year round hard doing drills, lifting, and improving there game in any way. Thats is why they have success is because they work hard. Its not cause of the facilities. Although it is nice to have all that stuff.

yea i do agree froy but if he did get the head coaching position and he doesnt come to practice he wont be there long and if hes not there who is going to be there have you heard of any assistants yet?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

If showe got the HC job, why wouldnt he decide when the practices are? Im sure he wouldnt schedule practice when he was working.

Showe is the best person for the job, trust me...