Swd 2009

rhs_33

Idk thats hard to say...I don't think there is any main team coming into the season (SWD.) Yeah Richlands has won district I think 3 years in a row but they lost there ace..and yes I know one player don't make a team but anytime you lose your number 1 pitcher its going to take a bit out of your roatation. Tazewell almost lost to Grundy last year, 1 or 2 big errors cost them the game. I havent much from Abingdon...do they have people coming back or they lost some people?

I think it will be a wide open race to see who wins the district this year

Abingdon has a pitcher, believe his name is Witt and he pitched last year as a sophomore, did an incredible job for the Falcons. Had a lot of poise and control to be so young. I look for him to be one of their aces this year. Ethain Keene did a good job in the rotation last year for the Blues. I think he will be a good one for them this year.

Life has many choices---eternity has two.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we all know that graham has never been stellar at baseball. but that doesent change the fact that they are good kids who play baseball for fun. there are probably only 3 or 4 BASEBALL players on that team. but after losing a coach that was such a joy for the team, look for these kids to really go after people. every year in their first district games they usually lose by mercy rule. however, in the second go-round the games are much closer and fun to watch. remember this team lost 2 starters from last season and took both tazewell and richlands down to the wire late last season and only lost by one run in both games. im not saying that graham will shock everybody and win district, but i believe that they should not be taken for granted and given a little more respect. they dont have the best overall team but i would put 2 or 3 of their players up with anybody else in the district at those positions and i believe they would hold their own. pitching is where graham is killed, and that will probably not change but if their THROWERS keep the ball low, i believe graham's infield is strong enough to make the plays needed to win this year. young team but experienced team, tough group of boys.

matt morgan 1st base, jake miller 2nd base, david marrs ss. im telling you graham has a very experienced and capable infield returning, but infielders cant stop homeruns.

richlands went 23-1 last year and there only losing 2 seniors from last years team so there gonna be tough, taz. will be good and abingdon. i really dont see any other team giving them 3 and competiton

richlands went 23-1 last year and there only losing 2 seniors from last years team so there gonna be tough, taz. will be good and abingdon. i really dont see any other team giving them 3 and competiton

i would agree with that. but i believe this young graham team could finish in the better half of the district, and that would be a wonderful thing for a team that has been through so much.

i believe this young graham team could finish in the better half of the district, and that would be a wonderful thing for a team that has been through so much.

I don't know. Richlands, Tazewell, Abingdon, and Carroll County should have the top 4. Things could change though.

i would agree with that. but i believe this young graham team could finish in the better half of the district, and that would be a wonderful thing for a team that has been through so much.

So What about Abingdon they went throught regional play and beat the number 1 team in state and won region champion. They also have Bobby Webb, Nathan Hagy, Zach Witt, Josh barker and Taylor Reed coming back.

Edited by thebeast_101

How about Richlands? Four straight district championships, am I right?

See, the thing is that there was this one guy that played for Richlands named Jordan Barnett.. He's in South Carolina playing college ball now.. so Richlands is really gonna need some guys to step up. Not saying they wont be tough, just saying it might be a tough task for them to replaced the back-to-back SWVA POTY.

they didnt beat the number one team in the state last year

Except for when they beat Hidden Valley, the number 1 ranked team in the state at the time, in the Region IV Championship game........ know what you're talking about before you post..

Richlands has seven starters returning from a team that was 23-1 last year. All but two members of the projected starting lineup will be seniors. Keene, Sizemore, Stiltner, and Elswick all pitched last year and none of them lost a game. All of them are seniors. Richlands is going to be tough.

When O'Brien wasn't on the hill bringin it 96

Very true, O'Brien was a stud. In the Yankees organization now... However, most folks from from Richlands are just bitter because Abingdon won the Region IV title even though their one loss was to that same team Abingdon beat the next night. Also, I believe beast_101's post was in response to the incompetent moron who stated that Abingdon didn't beat the number 1 team in the state, when the team they beat was Hidden Valley, the number 1 team in the state of Virginia. Just clearing that up.

incompetent moron, good one. my bad i made a mistake so just calm it down

Calm down?.. I'm not even riled up. I was just merely pointing out your mistake and suggesting that you actually know what your saying before you say it. That is all.

• 2 weeks later...

yea and graham just about beat them richlands home field