Southwest District Standings, Schedule, and Results

GMan

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It takes a few seasons to change the culture, we're in the process. Remember last year? We went to the wire with Martinsville, yet we only beat Graham by 57. Don't criticize us for not being able to compete.

Yeh, but Martinsville had one of their worst teams in years and barely finished .500...you guys were "district champs"...

abingdon's record is 4-5 not 4-6

4-6 in my book...if you are going to put a "benefit game" on the regular season schedule then it should count toward your regular season record...play games that don't mean anything BEFORE the regular season starts...and as I told the Graham fans, I guarantee if you had won the game, you'd count it on your record...

4-6 in my book...if you are going to put a "benefit game" on the regular season schedule then it should count toward your regular season record...play games that don't mean anything BEFORE the regular season starts...and as I told the Graham fans, I guarantee if you had won the game, you'd count it on your record...

Agree 100 percent. Don't play games during the regular season that is considered a benefit game. I would count those games on a record, win or lose.

Graham hasn't gotten any better...the other teams have gotten worse...Graham basketball has finally pulled the rest of the district down to its level...

you have to be the most biased person ever how can graham pull other teams down to their level. Graham has no control over what other teams do. If you win a game its not because you pull that team down to your level its because you're better. Graham must be doing something right technically 5-1 on the season.

you have to be the most biased person ever how can graham pull other teams down to their level. Graham has no control over what other teams do. If you win a game its not because you pull that team down to your level its because you're better. Graham must be doing something right technically 5-1 on the season.

Actually, I'm probably the most UNBIASED person ever...if I were biased, I'd be like you trying to tell people that Graham is 5-1 when they've lost THREE games since the regular season started...

Graham basketball is bad...others in the district are worse...the cream will rise to the top in the Region Tournament and Graham, along with the other SWD teams, will be mixed in with the swill at the bottom...

Well actually graham is 4 and 1 because the tournament games and the benefit game does nt count for or against your record no matter how much you want it too.

ok what if come tournament time graham roles everybody what would say then graham has brought the whole state of virgina down to their level????????? just face you hate graham as much as the most loyal richland fan and it shows in your posts whenever someone says something good about graham you always say the exact opposite and as the old saying goes the proof is the pudding check your posts MR.GMAN

Tournament games DEFINITELY count on your record...and in my opinion, any game played after the season starts counts...

And I promise you, Graham won't make it out of Region IV...Martinsville and Cave Spring will beat Graham like a red-headed stepchild in the Region tournament...

No, I don't hate Graham. Its my alma mater. I wish they could go undefeated in every sport they play. But, I, unlike a lot of people in Bluefield, VA, can take off my maroon and gold glasses and see the reality of the situation...I'm not going to sugar coat it...I call it like I see it...

i would have to agree with Gman on this one...Graham has beaten Richlands (who from what i have seen is having a very down year in bball) and Marion which they werent expected to be very good...id be willing to bet they lose to Abingdon...and if they do make it to Regions...no one in the SWD is on the level of the other teams in the Region...but like Gman..i want them to win it all..that would be great...but Graham bball isnt what it used to be...hell Graham sports arent what they used to be..it seems most athletes have lost that fire that wants them to get more and keep playing..i know Jason Palmer has that fire in him day in and day out...but he cant carry the team through States...

all i know is that Abingdon will roll everybody in the district...graham will probably be the hardest team that they face in the district but still a gauranteed win...they just beat Richlands 58 to 36 and travel to Grundy tonight which will end with an Abingdon victory and another big game this week is on friday when they host the piss poor Hurricanes and I'm sure Marion will be trashy as always given their fans and their players