a win is a win!

fieldgeneral

This was a fun one to watch. I sat 10 rows from the field in WVU's endzone. I had a great time tailgating for a few hours before kickoff. It seemed to me to be about 60-40 in favor of WVU in the amount fans in the stadium. This was a very good ACC vs. BE game. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see another similar in competitiveness with the Orange Bowl. WVU's D seemed to struggle with all of the injuries, but did step up and make a few crucial stands.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a fun one to watch. I sat 10 rows from the field in WVU's endzone. I had a great time tailgating for a few hours before kickoff. It seemed to me to be about 60-40 in favor of WVU in the amount fans in the stadium. This was a very good ACC vs. BE game. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see another similar in competitiveness with the Orange Bowl. WVU's D seemed to struggle with all of the injuries, but did step up and make a few crucial stands.

I was right behind the WVU endzone as well...but i was up in the top deck, 1st row though... so it wasnt to bad...

that was a very fun game to watch!

great game enjoyed watching it...what a way to go out....going to have good team next year all of defense basically back....lot of offensive tools back...good recruiting class....and 4 straight bowl wins.

Man I wish WVU would have won the Big East. Would have been nice to see them kick VT's a%@.

So you know how the game would turn out if WVU and VT were matched up in the Orange Bowl? Well, Nostradamus, tell me who would have the ball at the 4:41 mark of the first quarter?

This was supposed to be a celebration thread to WVU for a great bowl win. Why did you have to bring VT into it?

Riiight...they only beat UNC by 1 point. What makes you think they would kick VT's a%@?
the only reason VT beat UNC was because tyler yates broke his ankle and greg paulus's brother sucked at QB..it was 17-3 and unc was rollin till that point

I was right behind the WVU endzone as well...but i was up in the top deck, 1st row though... so it wasnt to bad...

that was a very fun game to watch!

i was in section 508 row 29..it was lots of fun i'll never forget it..the look of disappointment on UNC fans was priceless...one unc fan on the way out was like "its just the car care bowl" and i was like i know u should see the way we celebrate bcs bowls, its kinda like the way kansas celebrated after knockin u terds out of the final four last year...i thought that little guy was gonna cry when i told him that

Guest JJBrickface

It was a great time in Charlotte!! Mountaineer fans took over the city and made it their own!! It was a great game and most UNC fans seemed to be pretty good, not too much smack talking coming from either side. After the game a UNC fan said WVU sucks and two UNC fans got kicked out of hooters for touching a Hooters girls butt. Other then that they were well behaved and everyone seemed to get a long pretty good. It was awesome going to Hooters right after the football game and watching WVU destroy Ohio State on the tv's. Needless to say it didn't take long for the LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS chant to take over the palce.

So you know how the game would turn out if WVU and VT were matched up in the Orange Bowl? Well, Nostradamus, tell me who would have the ball at the 4:41 mark of the first quarter?

This was supposed to be a celebration thread to WVU for a great bowl win. Why did you have to bring VT into it?

Based on VT's bowl record. Just having some fun. WVU vs VT is brutal, would have loved to have seen it. Geez, chill out!

the only reason VT beat UNC was because tyler yates broke his ankle and greg paulus's brother sucked at QB..it was 17-3 and unc was rollin till that point

I don't guess the turnovers and the personal fouls that UNC was racking up in the second half had anything to do with blowing that lead to VT.

I was with a friend of mine Saturday who is a WVU diehard and we were watching the game. He made the comment that he wasn't sure if he wanted to watch the bowl game or not, because he was afraid UNC would win. I told him to never underestimate your teams' chances of beating a Butch Davis coached team. WVU made some great plays to win the game along with a career day from White.

Look I dont really care for either team (WVU, VT), but it seems like whenever something is brought up about either team, there is always someone here to baby about it and give some terrible, incorrect reasoning to why their prefered team is better. If you ask me, both sides of the "fanhood" are pathetic.

Look I dont really care for either team (WVU, VT), but it seems like whenever something is brought up about either team, there is always someone here to baby about it and give some terrible, incorrect reasoning to why their prefered team is better. If you ask me, both sides of the "fanhood" are pathetic.

Oh yeh, well your team sucks too!!! :D

Thanks!

Well I was in the middle of the fanhood and I know some people from here were obviously there. It was pretty darn good. It seems like anytime someone complains or wants to crack on another team there is someone who pretends to be mature and then talks about how all are pathetic. How about the ones who starts the crap as being pathetic or maybe they are just trying to get a little back and forth going for fun. Either way, get over it!

Riiight...they only beat UNC by 1 point. What makes you think they would kick VT's a%@?

get a grip. He said it would have been nice to see it. I personally think it would have been just a good of a game as we had Saturday except lower scoring.

What does one game have to do with another....anyone anyone...Bueller?

NOTHING! You can compare all day long, but in football, there are so many matchups where you cannot compare. There is no way to say they would or wouldn't, as an EER fan, it's always fun to see VT get theirs handed to them along with BC and Miami!

get a grip. He said it would have been nice to see it. I personally think it would have been just a good of a game as we had Saturday except lower scoring.

What does one game have to do with another....anyone anyone...Bueller?

NOTHING! You can compare all day long, but in football, there are so many matchups where you cannot compare. There is no way to say they would or wouldn't, as an EER fan, it's always fun to see VT get theirs handed to them along with BC and Miami!

Ok...thanks for straightening me out... :rolleyes:

Guest BEAVERTAIL

If you think so, then leave.

BBA consistently posts fair, reasonable posts, while showing he knows what he is talking about.

He merely stated his opinion, then got it ripped apart. After all once again, VT gets interjected into every WVU thread, usually not by the hokies.

I think he did the smart thing by using sarcasm to thwart Fieldgeneral's rage that we have somewhat seen in this thread towards getmoney55 and BBA, and have seen all too much in the past. His small, yet sarcastic post may have stopped a couple of bannings.

Or maybe not.

OK, OK, sorry I shouldnt have said WVU would kick their a. Should have left well enough alone. OK, I'll try not to sound pathetic : I would love to have seen WVU vs. VT in the Orange Bowl. It would have been a nasty, heated rivalry game. Their would have been much more interest, bigger crowd, and alot more fun on here even. Hard to tell who would have won the game. Sorry if I ruffled any VT feathers, Lord knows being a Tenn fan, I havent been busted on this year.

OK, OK, sorry I shouldnt have said WVU would kick their a. Should have left well enough alone. OK, I'll try not to sound pathetic : I would love to have seen WVU vs. VT in the Orange Bowl. It would have been a nasty, heated rivalry game. Their would have been much more interest, bigger crowd, and alot more fun on here even. Hard to tell who would have won the game. Sorry if I ruffled any VT feathers, Lord knows being a Tenn fan, I havent been busted on this year.

Yeah, my entire family are UT fans, and I haven't even busted on them this year because I felt too bad for them. lol I see some good changes coming for UT with the new coaching they have in place.

I would have loved for WVU and VT to play in the Orange bowl...I probably would have made the trip to Miami for that one. Thanks for clearing that up.