a win is a win!

fieldgeneral

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would take a hour of study hall to decide what combo to wear!! lol

They have 384 different uniform combinations... And they are all ugly.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/pac10/2006-09-12-oregon-uniforms_x.htm

What to wear? Oregon has 384 game-day choices

By Michael McCarthy and Kelly Whiteside, USA TODAY

The University of Oregon football team is finishing its biggest-ever uniform makeover — one that will give it a dizzying 384 combinations this season.

With help from Nike, Oregon is in its fourth full uniform redesign since the 1996 Cotton Bowl, giving the team almost as much renown for its garish collection of ever-changing attire as for its success on the field. Ranked 18th this week, the Ducks face more traditionally attired, and No. 11-ranked, Oklahoma at home Saturday.

How will they be dressed? They keep it a secret until game day. Coach Mike Bellotti can choose from four colors of jerseys and pants: green, yellow, white and black. For now, he has only two helmet options: the green one worn since 1999, and a white one the team has not worn yet — but a yellow helmet is in production. Then there are four colors of socks and two colors of shoes.

The duds are 28% lighter than previous uniforms when dry, team officials say, and 34% lighter under wet conditions.

Last season, Bellotti let his seniors help pick the uniform for each game. This year, he and equipment manager Pat Conrad are deciding. "I haven't talked to them this year," Bellotti says, "because I have 22 seniors, and to get 22 guys to agree on something is tough enough. I have trouble myself."

Conrad predicts the team will repeat some ensembles over the 12-game regular season: "If we get on a roll, the seniors won't want to change."

The Ducks have been called "Team Nike" because of the largess of the Beaverton, Ore.-based athletic giant and its co-founder Phil Knight. He graduated from Oregon and has given tens of millions to the school and its athletic department.

Bellotti says the eclectic uniforms draw national attention and help recruiting efforts.

Paul Lukas, founder of Uni Watch (uniwatchblog.com), a website devoted to athletic uniforms, thinks the Ducks are a fashion disaster.

"This changes the notion of what's a uniform," he says. "They're not very uniform."

Or good-looking, he adds: "There's good design, and there's bad design. This is bad design."

But ive met BBA, so does that make it fine?

I can say i've met anyone on this board , does that make the things that I've said to tick you off ok? You can reply to someone's message as you wish, I don't get personal unless someone else does. But anyway, I'm fine with any of it, just don't cry when it gets flipped.

Ok, I've tried to just keep my mouth shut and let this die down but you are being ridiculous.

Here is how it played out (go back and read the posts if you don't believe me) Some random guy with about 10 posts says something about wishing WVU would have won the BE so they could kick Tech's rear in the orange bowl. To which I said "What makes you think they would do that?" I was then told to "get a grip" (by you), and that I was "a poor excuse for a moderator" (by another WVU fan)...now who do you think escalated this, and who needs tougher skin? I let all the insults go, because I like seeing you act like a fool and then try to act like everyone else caused it...I think you forgot that the messages don't just disappear...

Originally Posted by BigBlueAlum

Riiight...they only beat UNC by 1 point. What makes you think they would kick VT's a%@?

get a grip. He said it would have been nice to see it. I personally think it would have been just a good of a game as we had Saturday except lower scoring.

What does one game have to do with another....anyone anyone...Bueller?

NOTHING! You can compare all day long, but in football, there are so many matchups where you cannot compare. There is no way to say they would or wouldn't, as an EER fan, it's always fun to see VT get theirs handed to them along with BC and Miami!

Post #20 sir....you are right they don't go away, my remarks were because you were saying that based on a one point win over a good UNC team, that would have beat VT without a huge injury, they couldn't kick VT's tail. No big deal, sorry I said get a grip, I just find it a little appalling that someone who seems to know everything doesn't know that you cannot compare in football like you did. I was just making the comment that you can't and make an accurate prediction and before you say then tell ESPN that or whoever, they compare each game and the CURRENT situations not what happened weeks ago, although they may mention it.

So I apologize for hurting any feeling with the get a grip comment, no harm intended, just proving a point and it was taking way away from that. Noone is being more ridiculous than you if take further. This is what it was on my end and nothing more!

Originally Posted by BigBlueAlum

Riiight...they only beat UNC by 1 point. What makes you think they would kick VT's a%@?

get a grip. He said it would have been nice to see it. I personally think it would have been just a good of a game as we had Saturday except lower scoring.

What does one game have to do with another....anyone anyone...Bueller?

NOTHING! You can compare all day long, but in football, there are so many matchups where you cannot compare. There is no way to say they would or wouldn't, as an EER fan, it's always fun to see VT get theirs handed to them along with BC and Miami!

Post #20 sir....you are right they don't go away, my remarks were because you were saying that based on a one point win over a good UNC team, that would have beat VT without a huge injury, they couldn't kick VT's tail. No big deal, sorry I said get a grip, I just find it a little appalling that someone who seems to know everything doesn't know that you cannot compare in football like you did. I was just making the comment that you can't and make an accurate prediction and before you say then tell ESPN that or whoever, they compare each game and the CURRENT situations not what happened weeks ago, although they may mention it.

So I apologize for hurting any feeling with the get a grip comment, no harm intended, just proving a point and it was taking way away from that. Noone is being more ridiculous than you if take further. This is what it was on my end and nothing more!

This is stupid. People can read what was said and can figure it out for themselves. It is pretty obvious someone has a problem with reading comprehension.

I'm going back to sit with the big boys.

I'd like to congratulate WVU and its fans on the win. I tell you, WVU's put their "can't win a bowl game" stigma aside in recent years with this streak of 4-in-a-row. That was a great, exciting game, and I hate to see the bickering going on among rival fans. Let WVU celebrate, they earned it. VT will have its chance on the 3rd.

Guest JJBrickface
I'd like to congratulate WVU and its fans on the win. I tell you, WVU's put their "can't win a bowl game" stigma aside in recent years with this streak of 4-in-a-row. That was a great, exciting game, and I hate to see the bickering going on among rival fans. Let WVU celebrate, they earned it. VT will have its chance on the 3rd.

Thanks UVAObserver!!

Let WVU celebrate, they earned it. VT will have its chance on the 3rd.

So, if the Hokies win, we have to wait a whole extra 24 hours to celebrate??? (The game is on January 1st)

Hell, just as long as they don't stink it up as they have the last few years, I'll celebrate...win or lose...

So, if the Hokies win, we have to wait a whole extra 24 hours to celebrate??? (The game is on January 1st)

Hell, just as long as they don't stink it up as they have the last few years, I'll celebrate...win or lose...

I'd like to see VT blow out a team for once. I'll dress up like a different member of the Village People every day of the week and parade around Blacksburg if VT compiles 400 yards.

..but that would mean Stinespring would be a sure return.. maybe VT should only gain 72 yards and win with the defense...

..but that would mean Stinespring would be a sure return.. maybe VT should only gain 72 yards and win with the defense...

Stiney will be there as long as Beamer is the head man whether it's a big win, close win, or loss. Unless Stiney wants to leave on his own.

VT is down three starters before the game even starts. I don't believe the odds are in their favor for this game.

Guest JJBrickface
im pulling for Cinci in this one, just because i want the Big East to go undefeated

Pitt embarrassed the Big East today by losing 3-0 to Oregon State. I hate Pitt so I am glad they loss.

LOL, goes to show how much I care about that game. ;)

Guest JJBrickface
how bout wvu all gold jerseys haha other than them wearing them in the loss to pitt last year i think there sweet

I hope WVU burned the gold jerseys. I actually loved the WVU jerseys from the early and mid 90's. Very simple but nice in my opinion.

They are ugliest uniforms in college football in my opinion.

171277505_38ad397e95_b.jpg

i did say i liked them uniforms and that they were sharp, but i take exception to those yellow uniforms, that is UGLY, but i do love the other ones

I'd have to say the best uniforms in college football belong to Oregon and Texas Tech (and any team that rocks the all black). I love all black uniforms. IDK why...maybe because black is a color I can definitely see. Either way, they're still great.