Mike Shanahan fired after 14 seasons

neva_scarred

after what all he has done for that franchise to be let go like that is just rly pathetic

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80dc4de7&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Don't forget he also had a little known QB back in those days named John Elway to help out.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great coach, and he will probably do good things for another team (if he decides to continue coaching), but I think it was time for both parties to go in different directions.

They missed the playoffs the past three years and have been 1-4 in the playoffs since Elway retired. Things were getting a little stale in Denver.

Don't forget he also had a little known QB back in those days named John Elway to help out.

Don't get me wrong, I think he is a great coach, and he will probably do good things for another team (if he decides to continue coaching), but I think it was time for both parties to go in different directions.

They missed the playoffs the past three years and have been 1-4 in the playoffs since Elway retired. Things were getting a little stale in Denver.

that is true but elway did lead the broncos to three super bowls before shanahan got there and each time the broncos were hammered. so i say if it wasnt for shanahan elway wouldnt have two rings

that is true but elway did lead the broncos to three super bowls before shanahan got there and each time the broncos were hammered. so i say if it wasnt for shanahan elway wouldnt have two rings

I couldn't agree more. But without Elway, Shanahan hasn't made it back to a superbowl. So, I would say that it is safer to say that is it wasn't for Elway, the Broncos or Shanahan wouldn't have a ring.

I just think its best for both of them (the Broncos and Shanahan) to move on at this point.

"You took the words right out of my mouth..."

I can't believe they fired him. Everyone is Win now or get out. It doesn't seem like some people get a chance to build for those younger coaches (Mangini) . Shanny has proven to do well, look at his record in and out of the playoffs. I admit since Elway, he hasn't been as successful, but Jake Plummer and Cutler combined couldn't carry Elway's jock.

I can't believe they fired him. Everyone is Win now or get out. It doesn't seem like some people get a chance to build for those younger coaches (Mangini) . Shanny has proven to do well, look at his record in and out of the playoffs. I admit since Elway, he hasn't been as successful, but Jake Plummer and Cutler combined couldn't carry Elway's jock.

Shanahan had a LOT of say in who the Broncos drafted. The buck stops with the HC, and mediocrity isn't acceptable in Denver.

The Raider Nation mourns for Shanahan and the fact we knocked the Gruden-led Buccaneers out of the playoffs. Gruden may be the next high profile coach fired if he has a repeat of this season. Good to see that we are not the only franchise that has coaching issues.

I am a Bronco fan and think that Shanahan is a great coach but it was past time to freshen things up a bit he was in control of the last 10 drafts and made horrible picks and the ones that werent horrible picks werent developed well at all, I think you need a strong GM and a head coach much like the Dolphins set up Shanahan wasnt willing to give up the personel control thats why he is gone. Hope he catches on and does well and also hope that the Broncos land Mangini and pray they dont land that arrogant little jerk Stoops

I am a Bronco fan and think that Shanahan is a great coach but it was past time to freshen things up a bit he was in control of the last 10 drafts and made horrible picks and the ones that werent horrible picks werent developed well at all, I think you need a strong GM and a head coach much like the Dolphins set up Shanahan wasnt willing to give up the personel control thats why he is gone. Hope he catches on and does well and also hope that the Broncos land Mangini and pray they dont land that arrogant little jerk Stoops

They weren't HORRIBLE picks.. I mean Cutler and Royal weren't too highly lauded coming in and turned out to be part of their strength.

They weren't HORRIBLE picks.. I mean Cutler and Royal weren't too highly lauded coming in and turned out to be part of their strength.

Exactly!!! Cutler is the best QB in his draft class (Leinart and Young were taken ahead of him...how are they doing in the NFL)...and Royal is/was no slouch (he just wasn't utilized enough at VT)...

Yeah Cutler was a good pick and Eddie had a great rookie campaign I hope he can carry that over but how about Maurice Clarett 4 rounds to early Ashlie Lelie a little to early and never did anything for the Broncos, Jarvin Moss and Tim Crowder have done nothing dont forget the wonderful signing of Travis Henry cost millions I think we got like 4 games out of him, who knows what happened to Boss Bailey, dont forget the signing of Niko Koutouvides and Dewayne Robertson who was payed nearly $200K per tackle this year, and if we are going to give him credit for Cutler then we also have to let him take a hit for Griese. The defense has been bad for years but the last 2 particularily bad it was time for a fresh look and to get a GM in to make personel decisions not the head coach