Richlands

yepyep7

what was really wrong of the mafia is when they kept making out of the way comments to coach carlock saying take off your daddy's suit they know that his father had passed

and that is something that you just don't do. and when graham chanted that about gunner that was wrong also two wrongs don't make a right. im all for having fun but you have to draw the line when it starts getting personal. that could lead to bigger problems then just chants back and forth. me as well as others was really offended when they said that about coach carlock and i know the mafia as well as others was offended when that was said about gunner. The knife cuts both ways so just keep clean and smooth. don't get personal because you may say something to the wrong person and find yourself in a sticky situation.

I didn't know anyone in the mafia said anything about coach carlock but if they did they that was very wrong and definitely crossing the line I apologize for that every group has some idiots that say things like that but it shouldn't a reflection of the whole group most of the guys in the mafia would never say anything like that

yeah, football and basketball are waaaaaay different. the mafia is funny but when they do have a challange they dont know what to do.

yelling stuff about football just makes them look stupid i think lol

We have never had a challenge so how would u know how we would react if u r referring to those kids from grundy they r a joke they didn't even stand up til the end of the game and that's cuz it was obvious that grundy was gonna win they weren't committed they didn't even chant anything at the mafia so I wouldn't really call that a challenge graham's student section was better than Grundy's

what was really wrong of the mafia is when they kept making out of the way comments to coach carlock saying take off your daddy's suit they know that his father had passed

and that is something that you just don't do. and when graham chanted that about gunner that was wrong also two wrongs don't make a right. im all for having fun but you have to draw the line when it starts getting personal. that could lead to bigger problems then just chants back and forth. me as well as others was really offended when they said that about coach carlock and i know the mafia as well as others was offended when that was said about gunner. The knife cuts both ways so just keep clean and smooth. don't get personal because you may say something to the wrong person and find yourself in a sticky situation.

If they made the comments to Carlock, they needed to be banned from all sporting events for the year. That crap is uncalled for. Whoever is the Admin at the ball game needs to do something about that. Scream and yell and give your team the home court advantage, but giving someone crap about a family is awful and immature. If I was their age and heard it, he would have a fight on his hands. Students sections can make the atmosphere a lot of fun, but crap like that can also ruin it. Go read the VHSL rules, you can't do a lot of what they do. I think someone mentioned these rules earlier.

Here is a list of what I found

http://www.vhsl.org/Sportsmanship/SportsmanshipGuidelinesforStateEvents.doc

EXAMPLES OF UNSPORTSMANLIKE BEHAVIOR

The following list is by no means “all inclusive,†but is provided to draw attention to behaviors often witnessed at athletic contests. Please review this list with your student body so that they will know what is not acceptable.

Turning your back or pretending to read a newspaper during player introductions – this is disrespectful.

Not standing attentively or shouting “oh†during the National Anthem – this is disrespectful.

Booing anyone – this is disrespectful

Taunting or baiting anyone – this is disrespectful

Singling out an opponent and yelling personal remarks – this is disrespectful

Mooing, barking, or making other inappropriate gestures or sounds toward anyone – this is disrespectful

Chanting such things as “over-rated,†or “you, you, you†(after a foul), “warm-up the bus,†etc. – these things are disrespectful.

Using profanity toward anyone – this is disrespectful

Using racial, ethnic or other slurs – this is disrespectful

Throwing things onto the court or toward others – this is disrespectful and dangerous

The behaviors above must be addressed by school administrators if/when they occur. Failure to do so is a violation of The League’s Sportsmanship Rule.

Remember, good sportsmanship is all about respect. Win with humility; lose with grace; do both with dignity.

How many games have you attended fieldgeneral?

This thing has been blown WAY out of proportion. The kids are doing nothing wrong.

I've said before that I haven't attended many Richlands games. This year I have attended 1 football and it was away. Anyway, I only said that if these things are being said then it would be wrong. I'm going on what other visitors there have said. I'm not hatin' here lol. I'm just saying that you can have a good student section without making personal comments towards players / coaches. It's possible that it was blown out of proportion. I"m only commenting on what others have said.

The worst display of student behavior at a basketball game I ever personally witnessed was in December 1982 at Virginia High. In addition to chanting several off color "cheers" during the course of the game, the Bearcat student section unfurled a handmade banner that read, "Blow Me, Tornadoes."

Offended as I was, I had to at least give them credit for making good use of the apparently copious amount of free time that they had.

(And FWIW, I'll bet that the current principal at VHS wouldn't let stuff like that go unpunished. Unless, of course, he did.)

a kid just can't have fun anymore...everyone is way too uptight over this stuff...come on guys...i know when i was in school we had "the bleacher bums" and did the same sort of thing but it was all in good fun...the kids are just having some fun...let them be...those who are involved just don't go over the line like the Carlock thing...that's just low class...don't even know if that happened or not but just using that as an example....we used to do the "reading the paper" thing...lol...I wonder if that is where it came from.

for what it's worth...i hear worse things out of adults at most football games I go to.

..then a few years ago you had the shirtless dudes down at Carroll County that did this sort of thing...but again...it's all just kids having fun I think...so just relax and let them have fun...that's what high school is all about or should be...at least they are out supporting their team...as long as it doesn't go overboard, who cares.