Hokie Basketball

vthokies4life

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big Tech B'ball fan, but that was an impressive win tonight. Congrats to the Hokies.

That was an impressive win for Tech...I didn't watch the game, but saw highlights of it. Wake is a very good team. All undefeated teams seemingly need that loss to bring them down to earth. Watch out for Wake the rest of the season. Tech got a signature win last night, a much needed one.

tech's only loss 5 and they were to pretty good teams, so its not like there horrible and it seems like every year they knock someone out of the top 5.

13-5 3-1 isn't horrible, but haven't beat anyone really of worth until last night. BC, UVA, St. Johns, and Seton Hall are all typically good wins, but none are that signature win like last night was. Once again congrats. If they can keep it together and get a few big wins and one or two in the tournament, they might get in. Tough road ahead though.

13-5 3-1 isn't horrible, but haven't beat anyone really of worth until last night. BC, UVA, St. Johns, and Seton Hall are all typically good wins, but none are that signature win like last night was. Once again congrats. If they can keep it together and get a few big wins and one or two in the tournament, they might get in. Tough road ahead though.

Virginia Tech lost to Seton Hall. Xavier lost was a half court buzzer beater and the Georgia lost was also a last second shot. They didn't have J.T. Thompson until the St. John's game and he has been a much needed lift with his physical presence and energy level.

Credit to Greenberg and the players for buying into what the staff wants them to do. Another big will in the ACC for the Hokies. Congrates guys and best of luck the rest of the season!

Miami is a very tough match up for Virginia Tech the weekend. They will have to play another solid game all around to beat them in Coral Gables Sunday.

Edited by bhs7695

Virginia Tech lost to Seton Hall. Xavier lost was a half court buzzer beater and the Georgia lost was also a last second shot. They didn't have J.T. Thompson until the St. John's game and he has been a much needed lift with his physical presence and energy level.

Credit to Greenberg and the players for buying into what the staff wants them to do. Another big will in the ACC for the Hokies. Congrates guys and best of luck the rest of the season!

Miami is a very tough match up for Virginia Tech the weekend. They will have to play another solid game all around to beat them in Coral Gables Sunday.

wake coming off big emotional victories,tech coming in slightly off radar, good win for them but they have to beat the teams they are supposed to beat ala seton hall, however this win does not hurt their chances, nice win.

I almost jinxed the team and I apologize. I rolled in with about 6 minutes remaining after my guitar lesson and was excited to see us ahead 67-54. After that Wake reeled off ten straight points.. I immediately went to my room and laid down so VT could win it and when I heard my girlfriend shout from the living room that we had put it out of reach and were shooting freethrows, I just want you to know that I STAYED PUT for the benefit of our Hokies until the final buzzer. Go Hokies, Again sorry I almost turned the tides..

I almost jinxed the team and I apologize. I rolled in with about 6 minutes remaining after my guitar lesson and was excited to see us ahead 67-54. After that Wake reeled off ten straight points.. I immediately went to my room and laid down so VT could win it and when I heard my girlfriend shout from the living room that we had put it out of reach and were shooting freethrows, I just want you to know that I STAYED PUT for the benefit of our Hokies until the final buzzer. Go Hokies, Again sorry I almost turned the tides..

Hahaha. Thank you for recognizing what you needed to do to ensure a Tech victory. That's quite bold and discerning of you to realize that you didn't have to watch the end of the game, just to benefit the team and get us the W. Hahaha.

Anyway, Miami is not going to be an easy game for us. In fact, I would almost be more surprised by a win in Coral Gables than I was about our win in Winston-Salem. After these big wins, we have a tough time getting up for our next game. It has been this way for my 4 years here. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Also, to get into the tournament, I feel like we are going to have to pull 10 wins in the ACC, plus a win or two in the ACC tourney. We are off to a pretty good start so far toward accomplishing that, even though we have a couple of heartbreaking losses earlier in the season (Xavier, Wisconsin, etc.).

And our jerseys do resemble Syracuse's a little much. But maybe that's not a bad thing, seeing as both Syracuse and VT are playing pretty well at this point.

Hahaha. Thank you for recognizing what you needed to do to ensure a Tech victory. That's quite bold and discerning of you to realize that you didn't have to watch the end of the game, just to benefit the team and get us the W. Hahaha.

Anyway, Miami is not going to be an easy game for us. In fact, I would almost be more surprised by a win in Coral Gables than I was about our win in Winston-Salem. After these big wins, we have a tough time getting up for our next game. It has been this way for my 4 years here. Obviously I hope I'm wrong. Also, to get into the tournament, I feel like we are going to have to pull 10 wins in the ACC, plus a win or two in the ACC tourney. We are off to a pretty good start so far toward accomplishing that, even though we have a couple of heartbreaking losses earlier in the season (Xavier, Wisconsin, etc.).

And our jerseys do resemble Syracuse's a little much. But maybe that's not a bad thing, seeing as both Syracuse and VT are playing pretty well at this point.

I really like the new unis as opposed to the old ones. The level of play is quite a bit difference in my opinion.

Anyway, WVURaiders is right......you have to beat the teams that you are supposed to. All isn't lost. WVU is in the same boat in my opinion. Kentucky and Davidson were those two games for us. We should have beat UCONN too. With those wins, WVU is a 1 loss team. Plenty of BBAll for us all to get in.

The orange uniforms are ugly.

They've lost several games they shouldn't have lost...period...no excuses...

They need to learn how to shot free throws...22-37 is pathetic!!!

The orange uniforms are ugly.

They've lost several games they shouldn't have lost...period...no excuses...

They need to learn how to shot free throws...22-37 is pathetic!!!

about the free throws. They killed WVU early this season. WVU lost to Kentucky and Davidson and would have won both if they would have shot better from the line. I like Orange, so it's ok with me. I just saw a pic of the maroon ones, all in all it's better than the old stuff.

The orange unis look like some cheap, rec league uniform...

That's what happens when you sell your schools soul to Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Under Armour, etc. Except for Oregon, who seem to get any uniform options they want, whover you're signed with gives you a few options. That is why Techs unis look like Syracuse. But then again, money talks.

That's what happens when you sell your schools soul to Nike, Reebok, Adidas, Under Armour, etc. Except for Oregon, who seem to get any uniform options they want, whover you're signed with gives you a few options. That is why Techs unis look like Syracuse. But then again, money talks.

Im curious as to how the unis will look Thursday vs. Clemson. Its blackout night at Tech so that should be cool.

Im curious as to how the unis will look Thursday vs. Clemson. Its blackout night at Tech so that should be cool.

Absolutely. Big win for us last night as well. As I've said earlier, that is usually a game where we come out flat and end up losing. Instead, we took care of business. But right now we're 4-1 in the ACC, have won 9 of our last 10, and looking pretty solid.

As far as Clemson goes, I'm curious to see how we do as well. Obviously they're good. They remained undefeated through 14ish games this season. It's another game where we simply can't come out flat and expect to walk away with a W, even though that's the case for every ACC game we play this year.

Haha, I barely have room. My team's so bad this year that it crosses my mind in a moment of weakness.

I've got to admit Observer. Leiato seemed completely stumped at certain points in the game down here in Blacksburg. I can't be too critical of UVA's basketball program this year because I don't know enough about them, but I feel like the talent level has dropped in the last couple of years. This feeling became apparent when, during the game, Leiato was making the same face I make when trying to solve a Rubik's cube; simply perplexed by what is going on in front of me, unable to make any further progress, and wondering how I got to this point...

With that said, I refuse to think Leiato is a bad coach. From what I've seen, I really like his demeanor and the way he carries himself, and that definitely has the potential to manifest through the team he coaches. It's just a matter of "when?" at this point.