Best Player in the SWD Next Year

ndn_6

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Cody Johnson from Big Creek has already enrolled at Richlands. He's been in the weight room and looking good.

Didnt know that. What grade is the kid in this coming season. Positioin, QB?

Richlands has 2 transfeers from big creek look out both are # 1 athletes i agree vance has good chance but there will be a surprise challenger for q b spot . Who is very fast and has good arm ... Go big blue!!!

it's funny how everyone talked trash about tazewell before the season last year because they were getting players from pocy who was a bad single A team in VA. but now a couple kids from one of the worst schools in single A WV is gonna propel Richlands to win the district.

He helped lead Big Creek to the playoffs the past two years. Yes he's coming from a small school. But he's been named to the All-State team 2 times. The kid is a player and will prove it on the field this fall.

He helped lead Big Creek to the playoffs the past two years. Yes he's coming from a small school. But he's been named to the All-State team 2 times. The kid is a player and will prove it on the field this fall.

not saying the kid isn't good..but it's definitely not hard to get on the all state team in WV.

my point is we had 3 first team all district players from pocy comin over but it didn't seem to matter to anyone but this guy is gonna be the best on the field...alot of difference one year makes

He's a SR. He could play anything from QB, RB, to WR on offense. On defense he'll be in the secondary. Probably as starting CB.

Richlands hasn't had a QB play both ways since 2004. Unless it's out of necessity, whoever wins the QB job will likely just play offense.

not saying the kid isn't good..but it's definitely not hard to get on the all state team in WV.

my point is we had 3 first team all district players from pocy comin over but it didn't seem to matter to anyone but this guy is gonna be the best on the field...alot of difference one year makes

Depends on who you mean by anyone. Greg Mance publicly named Tazewell the team to beat last year and said the Pocy kids were the reason.

As far as people talking on a message board... Very few are going to give credit to anyone who isn't on their team.

I've watched them play a little 7 on 7 the past few weeks. They are going to be tough and they don't even have all their players there. The new kids look good and they won't be short on recivers. Their is one player that has moves like Caleb Jennings, he has made most of the players on the field look foolish after he catches the ball. I may be wrong but this team may have some depth to it.

i know i'm getting ready to light a fuse, but here goes. Poco kids never had discipline and it showed especially this year for tazewell in basketball. I heard a couple of the Poco kids were ineligible after first semester are they eligible now as well. Tazewell always had talent just not a disciplined school. What the old saying put a rotten apple with more rotten apples you have a lot of rotten apples. Richlands has discipline and they win. Can't argue with statics and results. You are putting talented kids in a organized discipline program that wins. I think the assumption that they will succeed is not that ridiculous. Tazewell had went 1-9 the year before and picked up some talented un-disciplined kids. No one knew for sure how that mesh would work. It worked well for them in football, but no so much in basketball.

The key for Richlands the last 5 years or so has been good coaching, talented players, and a willingness to want to win and play as a team. There is no I in team. That has alot to do with sucess of a team, play as a team

The key for Richlands the last 5 years or so has been good coaching, talented players, and a willingness to want to win and play as a team. There is no I in team. That has alot to do with sucess of a team, play as a team

Who helped you type that? More less spell it?

it's funny how everyone talked trash about tazewell before the season last year because they were getting players from pocy who was a bad single A team in VA. but now a couple kids from one of the worst schools in single A WV is gonna propel Richlands to win the district.

Didn't Pocy use to play BC, in fact the young man some fans are talking about was probaly on the last team to play pocy. Who won that game anyway?

Who talked the trash?

Tornado fans are excited because their adding more talent to what is already a very good pool. And besides that, what is the name of this thread.

Ok well lets think about this for a second. Tony Barreras was a guard that everyone saw making the blocks and pancaking people almost every play, to be a pulling guard and running the entire play knocking people down is a pretty big feat, Alex Marrs snaps the ball stands straight up and gets put on his butt almost every play. To say that he is the best in the district in any position is the most obsurd statement ive ever heard. No one on Graham's entire team is All-Region Material let alone All-State ESPECIALLY ALEX MARRS. I'm sorry but he is just horrible and i have nothing against the G-men or the Marrs' but i hate seeing a kid (who's father is the coach which makes it fishy) getting an award he clearly doesn't deserve. That award could be given to someone who has truely worked for it and who truely deserves it.
neither one of them should have been on the all swd team. there whole line sucked and thats why they lost so many games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know i'm getting ready to light a fuse, but here goes. Poco kids never had discipline and it showed especially this year for tazewell in basketball. I heard a couple of the Poco kids were ineligible after first semester are they eligible now as well. Tazewell always had talent just not a disciplined school. What the old saying put a rotten apple with more rotten apples you have a lot of rotten apples. Richlands has discipline and they win. Can't argue with statics and results. You are putting talented kids in a organized discipline program that wins. I think the assumption that they will succeed is not that ridiculous. Tazewell had went 1-9 the year before and picked up some talented un-disciplined kids. No one knew for sure how that mesh would work. It worked well for them in football, but no so much in basketball.

basketball is a whole different story. a story that is called "coaching."

and you say you hear alot, but how much do you actually know? people talk alot without knowing the facts.

Didn't Pocy use to play BC, in fact the young man some fans are talking about was probaly on the last team to play pocy. Who won that game anyway?

Who talked the trash?

Tornado fans are excited because their adding more talent to what is already a very good pool. And besides that, what is the name of this thread.

quotes from last august..

"lol you think the 15 players from pocy are going to help tazewell? lol dream on half of them can't even make it on 2nd team in their old district more less the southwest "

"You asked the question, I gave the answer, sorry you didn't like it. I just pointed out what the perception is. I can't help it if you don't like it. Better practice you aren't playing against Narrows and Bland County anymore. You are playing Graham and Richlands."

"This is how i look at it..the guys that went to tazewell from pocy went there because they knew they couldnt start at any other school. "

"With Tazewell coming off a 1-9 season and the fact that several former Pocahontas players are going to be playing a significant role for the Bulldogs this season, that leads me to believe that things aren't as great as many of the Bulldog faithful are making them out to be. When you team is going to rely on significant "help" from kids who played on the worst team in arguably the worst Class A football district in the state of VA, that doesn't bode well for a successful season. Although, coming off a 1-9 year, anything better would be considered a success, I guess."

that's just a few.

& the last time big creek & pocy played that kid was on the team. & yes big creek won. but the kid was also on the team the year before that pocy beat by 30+.

nowhere on here did I say the kid isn't good. I read about him in the paper a lot last year. all I'm saying is Pocahontas was looked down on for being a single A school, and we couldn't play in the SWD. but after one year people's opinions change.

I"m glad the rivalry never dies no matter what time of year it is. Yes the Pocy kids helped Tazewell out. But the talent was there for Tazewell before the Pocy kids got there. Muncy, Rasnick, Rhudy, Moore. The coaching was just horrific. I will say one thing. I watched Tazewell play 4 times last year and Corner was the best player on the field every game in which i watched. So yes the Pocy kids added enough talent for Wyatt to actually get by winning some games. This year they will do the same but once Corner and everybody else is gone from this year Tazewell will be on the downfall again unless some things change in T-Town.

quotes from last august..

"lol you think the 15 players from pocy are going to help tazewell? lol dream on half of them can't even make it on 2nd team in their old district more less the southwest "

"You asked the question, I gave the answer, sorry you didn't like it. I just pointed out what the perception is. I can't help it if you don't like it. Better practice you aren't playing against Narrows and Bland County anymore. You are playing Graham and Richlands."

"This is how i look at it..the guys that went to tazewell from pocy went there because they knew they couldnt start at any other school. "

"With Tazewell coming off a 1-9 season and the fact that several former Pocahontas players are going to be playing a significant role for the Bulldogs this season, that leads me to believe that things aren't as great as many of the Bulldog faithful are making them out to be. When you team is going to rely on significant "help" from kids who played on the worst team in arguably the worst Class A football district in the state of VA, that doesn't bode well for a successful season. Although, coming off a 1-9 year, anything better would be considered a success, I guess."

that's just a few.

& the last time big creek & pocy played that kid was on the team. & yes big creek won. but the kid was also on the team the year before that pocy beat by 30+.

nowhere on here did I say the kid isn't good. I read about him in the paper a lot last year. all I'm saying is Pocahontas was looked down on for being a single A school, and we couldn't play in the SWD. but after one year people's opinions change.

Point is "Who talked the trash"

The people who picked at your team were for the most part from schools other than Richlands.

Now if they had come on here and said something about the Tornadoes winning district I could see how you could come up with your comparsion.

At the same time aren't you doing to these guys from BC what was done to you.

I would have liked to seen Pauley in blue and white.

Edited by thundercloud

At the same time aren't you doing to these guys from BC what was done to you.

No. If you've look back I've gave the kid credit in every post. I said he was good. You missed the whole point of the conversation. But it's cool. Good luck to the kids from BC.

Here's where it started.

Is football season here yet??????

and the next post I explained my reasoning.

I said....

"not saying the kid isn't good..but it's definitely not hard to get on the all state team in WV.

my point is we had 3 first team all district players from pocy comin over but it didn't seem to matter to anyone but this guy is gonna be the best on the field...alot of difference one year makes "

the point I'm trying to make is how much people's perceptions change in 1 year. but it's whatever man. i'm sure he'll do good.