Best Player in the SWD Next Year

ndn_6

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't i just say that the plays that graham runs the most is plays that involve pulling the guards. You need to comprehend what you read and know what you're talking about before you type it on your computer. lets break it down for you when the guard pulls 90% of the time its a run play or what you call "smashmouth boring" style football.

Yeah that's true. but the days of the pulling guards are over... 95% of the teams are running the spread... I still remember the pulling guard days, it was fun.

Didn't i just say that the plays that graham runs the most is plays that involve pulling the guards. You need to comprehend what you read and know what you're talking about before you type it on your computer. lets break it down for you when the guard pulls 90% of the time its a run play or what you call "smashmouth boring" style football.

This is what you said before... "Tony wasnt the best all around guard because his run and pass blocking wasn't the greatest."

He wasn't the best guard on Graham's team? That's what you're saying in that statement.

The quote I said about "boring smashmouth" football is quotes from doug early last season. I didn't just make it up.

In the quote above you agree that most of the time Graham runs the ball. 90%? So if only 10% of the time they are passing the ball. So with that, if Tony is such a bad pass blocker as you say, then he is only bad 10% of the game. So For the whole game Tony Barreras is 90% good. Right? So if the rest of Graham's line is over 90% good for the game then why did they go 4-7?

You have to face the facts... Graham's line was hyped up to be so great (mostly by #61 on here hahaha) and they were pretty horrible..with the exception of Tony. As I said before he was the only one that deserved recognition, and I really don't think he would appreciate you talking about him like you are.

no what i said was that tony was the best PULLING guard around but not the best guard ."around" means this area not just graham. And i said that at Graham when the guard pulls... 90% of the time its a run play. I never said they run the ball 90% of the time. Once again you're reading and not comprehending.

And not bashing tony i agree with you that he is one of Graham's biggest assets offensively and defensively.Im just saying why tony is getting the recognition offensively is becasuse he can do some damage to people with a 10 yard head start.

no what i said was that tony was the best PULLING guard around but not the best guard ."around" means this area not just graham. And i said that at Graham when the guard pulls... 90% of the time its a run play. I never said they run the ball 90% of the time. Once again you're reading and not comprehending.

And not bashing tony i agree with you that he is one of Graham's biggest assets offensively and defensively.Im just saying why tony is getting the recognition offensively is becasuse he can do some damage to people with a 10 yard head start.

acutally you said this...

"Tony wasnt the best all around guard because his run and pass blocking wasn't the greatest."

I did read and comprehend that. You said best ALL AROUND guard. If that's not what you meant then maybe you should proof read before you hit submit ;)

& so what if Tony gets a head start. He's still one of the best at his position in the district. Alex Marrs? not so much.

First off when tazewell played graham in the playoffs i watched brandon pauley put alex marrs right on the ground on a head to head hit and i know Brandon won't mind me saying if you cant block Brandon Pauley then there is no way youre the best center in the district....and right before the season began we had to hear about how this was the greatest line to come through graham and now after we thought you learned your lesson youre on here again blowing them up....they are big thats it they have no leadership and no team work at all during the Tazewell playoff game half through they let Corner get in their heads so much they really were not worried about blocking anyone aslong as they would try to get a hit in on 21 and get a few words in but then again Corner will make you do that....haha....but all im saying is if they're so good then they better show up and prove it this year.

I agree with you on tony but we have different view points on alex

okay. so while we're on the subject of Graham players getting recognition they didn't reserve... David Marrs 1st team SWD punter? NO way at all he was even half as good of a punter as Colton Cook. look at the Graham-Tazewell game film and watch Colton boom a close to 70 yard punt they they recovered. no offense to David..but Colton definitely deserved it.

Richlands hands down.

I mean look at the track record.

'04 state semis

'05 state finals

'06 state champs

'07 state finals

'08 state semis

'09 ???????

The sophomore class at Richlands (juniors for next season) could end up being one of the best classes ever at Richlands. Could rival the '06 class. There are some potential studs in that class.

Next seasons senior class. Not so much.

Richlands hands down.

I mean look at the track record.

'04 state semis

'05 state finals

'06 state champs

'07 state finals

'08 state semis

'09 ???????

The sophomore class at Richlands (juniors for next season) could end up being one of the best classes ever at Richlands. Could rival the '06 class. There are some potential studs in that class.

Next seasons senior class. Not so much.

I would agree with your assessment of the soph class, but I would also include the freshman class they should be just as good several of those kids played varsity snaps this past year. Richlands should have several good years to come not to mention all the kids coming thru the midget program right now

Definitely agree. The freshman class does have some good ones in it.

And a big 'ol boy (6'6") that if he works his butt off could be really special.

The well has not run dry at Richlands. Far from it.

Can't wait to see them mature on the field and become better ball players the next few seasons.

Definitely agree. The freshman class does have some good ones in it.

And a big 'ol boy (6'6") that if he works his butt off could be really special.

The well has not run dry at Richlands. Far from it.

Can't wait to see them mature on the field and become better ball players the next few seasons.

Great Potential. I think it may take alittle bit to start clicking because of so many new and young faces

last year it was a bunch of hype about Graham's line and last year they fell way short of the hype that was given to them but i haven't heard much of what there line is gonna be like this year and thats the thing you may think you'll be good but you just don't know untill you start playing.

First off when tazewell played graham in the playoffs i watched brandon pauley put alex marrs right on the ground on a head to head hit and i know Brandon won't mind me saying if you cant block Brandon Pauley then there is no way youre the best center in the district....and right before the season began we had to hear about how this was the greatest line to come through graham and now after we thought you learned your lesson youre on here again blowing them up....they are big thats it they have no leadership and no team work at all during the Tazewell playoff game half through they let Corner get in their heads so much they really were not worried about blocking anyone aslong as they would try to get a hit in on 21 and get a few words in but then again Corner will make you do that....haha....but all im saying is if they're so good then they better show up and prove it this year.

last year it was a bunch of hype about Graham's line and last year they fell way short of the hype that was given to them but i haven't heard much of what there line is gonna be like this year and thats the thing you may think you'll be good but you just don't know untill you start playing.

• 4 weeks later...

Richlands has 2 transfeers from big creek look out both are # 1 athletes i agree vance has good chance but there will be a surprise challenger for q b spot . Who is very fast and has good arm ... Go big blue!!!

Yeah I here they gonna put little Brad at qb....

Richlands has 2 transfeers from big creek look out both are # 1 athletes i agree vance has good chance but there will be a surprise challenger for q b spot . Who is very fast and has good arm ... Go big blue!!!

Every year you hear there is a great transfer coming. I will believe it when I see it.