Anyone been following this? military questioning presidents oath?

buzzsawBeaver

It started out from 1 or 2 soldiers but has gained more support, I doubt it will go anywhere, but it's certainly intriguing. And justified.

ATTENTION ALL MILITARY PERSONNEL

(active or reserve, former or retired, any age).

THIS IS A REQUEST TO SAVE YOUR CONSTITUTION, by participating as a Plaintiff in an urgent action lawsuit.

CONSENT FORM

DATE:27 Feb 2009

Attn. Orly Taitz, Esq.

26302 La Paz, Ste. 211

Mission Viejo, CA 92691

I agree to be a plaintiff in the legal action to be filed by Orly Taitz, Esq. in a PETITION FOR A DECLARATORY JUDGEMENT THAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT of the U.S., nor TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the U.S. ARMED FORCES, in that I am or was a sworn member of the U.S. military (subject to recall), and therefore when serving as an active member of the military, I would be unable to follow any orders given by a Constitutionally unqualified Commander In Chief, since by doing so I would be subject to charges of aiding and abetting fraud and committing acts of treason.

TYPED NAME or Signature: Matthew M. Edwards

FULL NAME: Matthew Michael Edwards

POSITION IN THE MILITARY/RANK/DATES

SERVED/STATUS: I am an E-5 (Sergeant) in the Army Guard in Wyoming and an Army ROTC cadet at the University of Wyoming.

ACHIEVEMENTS:

It must be understood, that though the enlisted oath states that we as enlisted members will obey the President of the United States it first states that we will support and defend the constitution. Any enlisted member of the United States Military understands the rank structure. An order from an officer that is a lieutenant can be disregarded in light of an order from an officer of higher rank. In this case the oath of enlistment contains the rank structure all enlisted members are to adhere to. We swear first to support and defend the constitution. Then obey the orders of the president and then the officers above us. The constitution is the supreme law of the land and as such out ranks the president.

In our business it is no longer tolerable or defendable in court to say “I was just following orders.†As soldiers we have a duty, and are expected, to disregard “un-lawful†orders. This is why I have chosen this course of action. I swore to support and defend the constitution. I will uphold my oath.

Until Mr. Obama proves he is constitutionally eligible to be the President of the United States I cannot and will not act as if he is. To do so would be un-constitutional. I will not violate my oath of service to my country. I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America.

http://www.defendourfreedoms.us/

Not if you take the constitution of the u.s. to heart it's not at all. Unfortunately many could care less and see it as a document to be disregarded whenever convenient..

getmoney if you recall there was some controversy about his birth certificate and there are strict requirements for being president of this country.

Many in the military, more than these people mentioned here, expect the questions to be resolved before they consider him their commander in chief, not at all unreasonable for people who swore their oath to the constitution and put their lives on the line for it. The bigger point is he could have resolved it some time ago by showing a piece of paper, so why hasn't he or doesn't he?

Not if you take the constitution of the u.s. to heart it's not at all. Unfortunately many could care less and see it as a document to be disregarded whenever convenient..

getmoney if you recall there was some controversy about his birth certificate and there are strict requirements for being president of this country.

Many in the military, more than these people mentioned here, expect the questions to be resolved before they consider him their commander in chief, not at all unreasonable for people who swore their oath to the constitution and put their lives on the line for it. The bigger point is he could have resolved it some time ago by showing a piece of paper, so why hasn't he or doesn't he?

I would say that the paperwork would have to be seen by congress in order for him to become president. Being born in this country is a prerequisite of becoming our Commander in Chief. Why would anything think that it would have gotten this far w/o the proper documentation, when your kids have to have a birth certificate to play little league.

It's ridiculous the things people will say or try when things haven't went their way.

I would say that the paperwork would have to be seen by congress in order for him to become president. Being born in this country is a prerequisite of becoming our Commander in Chief. Why would anything think that it would have gotten this far w/o the proper documentation, when your kids have to have a birth certificate to play little league.

It's ridiculous the things people will say or try when things haven't went their way.

Because children playing sports isn't on the level of the quest for power and the corruption that accompanies it. It seems to me the key word in all of it is corruption. The military has a legit complaint, although I would agree it won't ever amount to anything, as I suggested in the 1st post.

But it's a conspiracy theory. His campaign released the birth certificate. The director of Hawaii's department of health released a statement saying she verified the original certificate was on record in the state of Hawaii. The problem (as with any conspiracy theory) is people who believe the conspiracy are never going to believe anything that proves it wrong. They believe the facts are simply fabricated and in their minds only adds to the conspiracy.

I believe Obama is not a U.S. citizen about as much as I believe George Bush new about 9-11 before it happened...

Because children playing sports isn't on the level of the quest for power and the corruption that accompanies it. It seems to me the key word in all of it is corruption. The military has a legit complaint, although I would agree it won't ever amount to anything, as I suggested in the 1st post.

You missed the point. I'm saying even children playing little league are required to submit a birth certificate in order to even play. Don't you think that a birth certificate is a requirement to even campaign for the presidency? I'm simply saying that it's complete BS for anyone to still question this. Some people will go at great lengths to prove something that isn't there and it's pretty much a waste of time and makes them look idiotic in the process.

You missed the point. I'm saying even children playing little league are required to submit a birth certificate in order to even play. Don't you think that a birth certificate is a requirement to even campaign for the presidency? I'm simply saying that it's complete BS for anyone to still question this. Some people will go at great lengths to prove something that isn't there and it's pretty much a waste of time and makes them look idiotic in the process.

I know what you were suggesting and I agree about the birth certificate and the point was that it was in question and never resolved. Till it is, some in the military are questioning the oath is all. Military personnel don't look idiotic by being strict about constitutional matters.

I know what you were suggesting and I agree about the birth certificate and the point was that it was in question and never resolved. Till it is, some in the military are questioning the oath is all. Military personnel don't look idiotic by being strict about constitutional matters.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/06/obama-birth.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg

There is a copy of his birth certificate. Also, John McCain was supposively born in the Panama Canal Zone that was U.S. controlled territory, but even if he was born in Russia, his parents were American citizens, so that gives him dual citizenship and able to be president.

If you read the article it gives this info.

Barack's mom was American, so no matter if he was born in Mecca, he would still be a US citizen.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/13/bobirthcertificate.jpg

There is a copy of his birth certificate. Also, John McCain was supposively born in the Panama Canal Zone that was U.S. controlled territory, but even if he was born in Russia, his parents were American citizens, so that gives him dual citizenship and able to be president.

Barack's mom was American, so no matter if he was born in Mecca, he would still be a US citizen.

Wrong. Both parents must be citizens.

Wrong. Both parents must be citizens.

Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

I believe his father would be considered an alien. He was here for quite a few years since he graduated from the University of Hawaii and studying at Harvard. His mother was a citizen of the U.S. I believe this satisfies the requirement.

The questions are about an authentic birth certificate, not a copy of a birth certificate. But to be more specific, this isn't about people not liking the outcome of the elections, although most in the military don't, it's about people who swore an oath to uphold and defend the constitution making certain that the very commander in chief is constitutionally legal, most American citizens have not sworn any such oath and don't have such obligations to do anything but enjoy and take advantage of what this country has to offer.

the questions ended when he was sworn in as the 44th president...period...he IS the president, and it's not for some E-5 reservist who doesn't want to get recalled to AD to question...thats just stupid.

The whole thing about the birth certificate is stupid...he has produced it and they have verified it...it's a done deal...get over it already.

Another thing to consider is that to defy the chain of command in a manner such as this is at the least treason and in time of war, which we are in...can be punished by death...probably wont happen...but if you "take it to heart"...then it could.

PS: I have taken "the oath" myself...btw.

the questions ended when he was sworn in as the 44th president...period...he IS the president, and it's not for some E-5 reservist who doesn't want to get recalled to AD to question...thats just stupid.

The whole thing about the birth certificate is stupid...he has produced it and they have verified it...it's a done deal...get over it already.

Another thing to consider is that to defy the chain of command in a manner such as this is at the least treason and in time of war, which we are in...can be punished by death...probably wont happen...but if you "take it to heart"...then it could.

PS: I have taken "the oath" myself...btw.

Actually there's a general of an infantry division who's on that list as well, likely a career ending stance for him, but, it's not a bunch of reservists who don't intend to deploy. Obviously there's a question about it or this matter wouldn't be going on, perhaps you should write them and tell them to get over it.

I guess you simply can't reason that if he's unconstitutionally the president then there isn't such a chain of command, but they aren't defying any orders as it is, they have the right to file these motions. They're simply demanding legit verification, not the "we said it was good "thumbs up" from those in power.

Obviously they aren't to concerned about treason anymore or there would be a very long list of democratic politicians, liberals and citizens who would be 1st to be charged.

The birth certificate linked above is an authentic record issued by the Hawaii Department of Health. In many states a transcription like that is what you get when you request a birth certificate. Some states, Virginia is one, place a facsimile of the original over the type of paper used on Obama's but I don't know of any state that provides a full photocopy of the original. That's not to say Obama wouldn't be an exception to the rule, but regardless, that record is authentic.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Any one born outside the United States, if one parent is an alien and as long as the other parent is a citizen of the U.S. who lived in the U.S. for at least five years (with military and diplomatic service included in this time)

I believe his father would be considered an alien. He was here for quite a few years since he graduated from the University of Hawaii and studying at Harvard. His mother was a citizen of the U.S. I believe this satisfies the requirement.

She wasnt inside the US for 5 years. The year requirement begins at the age of 16, she had Barack at 18. Therefore, she can not satisfy this statement.

The questions are about an authentic birth certificate, not a copy of a birth certificate. But to be more specific, this isn't about people not liking the outcome of the elections, although most in the military don't

So you have polled every Untied States Military personel and determined that most in the military don't like the outcome of the election?

Please share your stats, links, or proof otherwise.

You trying to rationalize this is crazy, you have a birth certificate , information to prove not both parents have to be US citizens, and others explaining that this is stupid . This is a photocopy of the birth certificate. This is all that is needed. It kills me that some people, military or not, will stop at nothing to disprove the legitmacy of our 44th President. I'm sure some of it is fueled by many different reasons and I've heard them all from he's black to he's muslim and so forth. I'm not saying that you or anyone particular on this board are racist. I'm simply saying I've heard it all. This to me is the worst thing of all. Too many of these people claiming he can't be the president and so forth are working more against our country than anyone. I'm waiting to see which one developes our very own terrorist group. Those people claiming this BS needs to concentrate on their job or be removed from it. I've never heard anyone, especially in the military question the President's legitmacy, I'm sure it's happened though. Not to this extent. I can promise you that if it were McCain in the same situation, nothing would have been questioned.

The birth certificate linked above is an authentic record issued by the Hawaii Department of Health. In many states a transcription like that is what you get when you request a birth certificate. Some states, Virginia is one, place a facsimile of the original over the type of paper used on Obama's but I don't know of any state that provides a full photocopy of the original. That's not to say Obama wouldn't be an exception to the rule, but regardless, that record is authentic.

That's not for me personally to say, I can't repeat it enough obviously, that for whatever reason that's in question, with all due respect.

So you have polled every Untied States Military personel and determined that most in the military don't like the outcome of the election?

Please share your stats, links, or proof otherwise.

There's been polls on who the military voted for, particularly who they supported before the election. Having spent 9 1/2 years in the military I don't require any poll to tell me that the military is overwhelmingly very conservative, and overall very anti liberal, although there are a few liberals in it but % overall they amount to less than 5%, that's with the benefit of the doubt to them.

If I recall the amount of support republicans had in the election it was over 80%, lower than common because the president carried much of the minority vote in the military to.

As for the other paragraph, I already elaborated on the fact that people charged with protecting the constitution have every right to be concerned about any discrepancies. It's a responsibility they're showing more than anything else.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
if you are born on American soil, regardless of your parents legal status, you are an American...that's just the way it is.

Exactly, but I think what the whole debate is about is whether or not Obama was born on American soil... And since his mother was not in the US for 5 years, and his father was not American, he has to be born on American soil. I cant imagine he wouldnt have been honestly.

However i would like to point out that this lawsuit has been brought up 3 times* before, all against Republicans. Maybe its time for the far right to have one...

*(None have been proven)

He's the freakin' President, so deal with it or find another country to move to. Everyone needs to quit crying and start working to dig the country out of the mess we're in right now. I'm so sick of the belly-aching and whining, it's pathetic and grew old months ago.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
He's the freakin' President, so deal with it or find another country to move to. Everyone needs to quit crying and start working to dig the country out of the mess we're in right now. I'm so sick of the belly-aching and whining, it's pathetic and grew old months ago.

We had to put up with it for 8 whole years, from the start the election was rigged in 2000. You remember that? Heck I had to put up with that a few months ago from a poster on the board.

The door swings both ways, now deal with it.