Anyone been following this? military questioning presidents oath?

buzzsawBeaver

He's the freakin' President, so deal with it or find another country to move to. Everyone needs to quit crying and start working to dig the country out of the mess we're in right now. I'm so sick of the belly-aching and whining, it's pathetic and grew old months ago.

You are 100% correct! Some people need to support our government, I'm sure you will find people with different opinions and that's fine, but support your troops, country, and goverenment. Please have different opinions and voice those, but to sit here and debate whether or not he is American is a waste of time and energy.

I really shouldn't comment ....... but,oh well....... I don't think the citizenship legality will ever be resolved to all's satisfaction.

I, personally, think if Obama's mother was acknowledged by the Indonesian govt. as a citizen of that country, then her child "probably" was acknowledged as a citizen.There is evidence that would seem to support that Obama was enrolled in Indonesian schools with his step father's name and viewed as being an Indonesian citizen.

Many lawsuits have been brought to prove or disprove his U.S. citizenship and they all have been denied/rejected.

Even if his mother "supposedly" rejected his U.S. citizenship in favor of an Indonesian citizenship when he was a child.....Obama wasn't of age to approve or disapprove of "her decision."

The legality of this "chase" will never be resolved and if there is a "cover up" ,which I don't know to be the case, ......with different countries, different cultures, and different barriers to cross.....I just think efforts are being wasted on unprovable theories.

He was a child under the control of his mother's wanderings and her decision makings. There are more important issues facing this country now than pursuing something that is not for the betterment on a whole for this country.

Now that being said, I don't support many of Obama's policies and certainly don't support the ones with which I morally disagree .....but he is our president for the next four years. We, conservatives, need to stand by our convictions and speak out on the issues by this current administration with which we totally disagree. (We've certainly heard many about the previous administration)

Edited by trublue

He's the freakin' President, so deal with it or find another country to move to. Everyone needs to quit crying and start working to dig the country out of the mess we're in right now. I'm so sick of the belly-aching and whining, it's pathetic and grew old months ago.

Tell that to the soldiers who actually have something at stake in the matter and have invested their lives in the constitution, to move to a different country, they've more than earned the right to speak out for what they believe. People don't have to listen to them, but they're the last people citizens of the country should criticize for their stance on America.

Opposing this president and what he intends for America is the best thing that could happen to the country.

Guest JJBrickface

The crying and belly aching of the Democratic party over the last 8 years is why we are in this mess right now. If Pelosi and company would have worked instead of a implementing a 24/7 Bush smear campaign then maybe more things could have been achieved in Washington.

The crying and belly aching of the Democratic party over the last 8 years is why we are in this mess right now. If Pelosi and company would have worked instead of a implementing a 24/7 Bush smear campaign then maybe more things could have been achieved in Washington.

yeah...because the democrats were in control of everything the last 8 years...LOL...good god the things some of you guys come up with are just ....strange.

I don’t care if you’re a democratic, republican, gay, straight, bi-sexual, Black, White, Asian, Latino, Muslim, or whatever else. It’s time to stop the pathetic belly-aching over who the President is, I said the exact same thing when Bush was in office, or whether he’s an American citizen or not. If this had any merit you can bet some of the Washington “braintrust” would have fought this battle many months ago before the election even took place. Whether you like him or not, whether you stand behind him or not, it’s time to your work clothes and get to work rebuilding this country to where it’s suppose to be. Whining isn’t going to accomplish anything, debating this dead horse on a message board isn’t going to either. If you really want change then get off of your butt and be apart of the solution. Think of all that could have been accomplished in the time some of you have wasted on this message board arguing in recent months. MOVE FORWARD.

We had to put up with it for 8 whole years, from the start the election was rigged in 2000. You remember that? Heck I had to put up with that a few months ago from a poster on the board.

The door swings both ways, now deal with it.

So because you put up with it for 8 years from some people, you feel the need to do the same thing they did? That's like saying because he hit you , you should hit him back. It's that whole if he jumped off a bridge, would you do the same. Sound silly and childish? If it had any merit as Rules said, his run for Presidency would have never began. The fact that anyone believes in this nonsense is crazy.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First off, I never said this is lawsuit is true or even if I support it, go look. I havent whined about anything in this thread. Never have. And FG, when did I condone whining? I didnt. Stop grasping at straws.

Secondly Rules, you are a sad American from what I see in the earlier post. Why should you allow the goverment to dictate to you what you do? As Americans you have the right and the duty to tell the representatives what to do. They answer to ME, I do not answer to them. They represent ME and MY country's beliefs. Thats not belly aching, and the fact that we love our country is why we do it. I have the ultimate right to challenge everything they do and say, after all if I dont, the only person I have to blame for America standing (or in this case falling) for something I do not agree with is myself. I will fight every policy I do not agree with not on here, but everywhere. Its my constitutional right and I will fight for the people like me. I will not sit back like you ask and let my country move in a direction I do not wish for.

Everyday, and I promise you every day I write to our congressmen and tell them of my thoughts and beliefs. Every day. Not everyday do I bash them, RCB got a nice letter the other day. Politics starts at the grassroots level and I encourage everyone to do their part. I know I try to do mine. If you arent letting your politicians know how you feel, then you cant blame them for voting the other way. I may not have money, nor any leverage, but I do have a vote and the ability to persuade and inspire others, and I know people will listen.

This board is a great way to express the feelings and thoughts on the country from our point of view. It may not be the majority, but you have that chance. I am a firm believer in Conservatism and the Constitution, and many of you know that, and I will stand beside it EVERY DAY, and protect it from those who go against it. If you havent noticed, this country is in a landslide, and Washington is putting all the chips on the table with the recent bills and budget. I have no choice but to speak. You may call me dumb, racist, ignorant, whatever, but I am an American, an American who speaks his mind and doesnt let goverment run him. Thats what America was founded on, people going against the goverment.

Were Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, Ben Franklin, Sam Adams, Paul Revere, Thomas Paine all whiners? No they were not. They spoke against someone who wouldnt even recognize them across the pond. If they had taken the same stance Rules had, we wouldnt be here today.They stood up and took what seemed like an impossible stance and defeated Britian. They knew that goverment would always be corrupt, which is why they put the power in the hands of the people. With that power comes responsibility, and I want to be knowledgable, and inform others of that decision. That isnt whining.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."

- Thomas Jefferson

I will never go silent. I will never go away. This is my country, and I am here and will be through good times and bad, through thick and thin, I am an American, and my voice will be heard.

Guest JJBrickface
yeah...because the democrats were in control of everything the last 8 years...LOL...good god the things some of you guys come up with are just ....strange.

I'm not saying that I know a lot but do you know anything when it comes to politics?

You are right, the Democrats were not in control the past 8 years, neither were the Republicans. The Democrats took control of the Senate after the last election. If you did know that then you are basically saying that everything that happened in the past 8 years either good or bad was due to George W. Bush. I'm here to tell you thats not the case.

We had to put up with it for 8 whole years, from the start the election was rigged in 2000. You remember that? Heck I had to put up with that a few months ago from a poster on the board.

To me this is considered whining. You are venting for your frustrations of the 8 years of crap you recieved when Bush was in office. IMO , this is whining.

I don’t care if you’re a democratic, republican, gay, straight, bi-sexual, Black, White, Asian, Latino, Muslim, or whatever else. It’s time to stop the pathetic belly-aching over who the President is, I said the exact same thing when Bush was in office, or whether he’s an American citizen or not. If this had any merit you can bet some of the Washington “braintrust†would have fought this battle many months ago before the election even took place. Whether you like him or not, whether you stand behind him or not, it’s time to your work clothes and get to work rebuilding this country to where it’s suppose to be. Whining isn’t going to accomplish anything, debating this dead horse on a message board isn’t going to either. If you really want change then get off of your butt and be apart of the solution. Think of all that could have been accomplished in the time some of you have wasted on this message board arguing in recent months. MOVE FORWARD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall anyone claiming that Obama wasn't American and taking this as a final word. There was an article posted that supposedly has legitimate claims against his citizenship and there are people on this board discussing the topic at hand, which happens to be the primary purpose of a message board. If this topic causes so much distress as for you to even read it, then by all means disregard it. That is your right as an American citizen. Your sermons won't stop anything on this board, I guarantee it.

I'm not saying that I know a lot but do you know anything when it comes to politics?

You are right, the Democrats were not in control the past 8 years, neither were the Republicans. The Democrats took control of the Senate after the last election. If you did know that then you are basically saying that everything that happened in the past 8 years either good or bad was due to George W. Bush. I'm here to tell you thats not the case.

Exactly correct.

Most everything one can attribute to Bush is Congress's brainchild.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
To me this is considered whining. You are venting for your frustrations of the 8 years of crap you recieved when Bush was in office. IMO , this is whining.

Um no? I dont care whether you say it is or not. As you can easily tell, I was pointing out that the door goes both ways, only going from Bluefield Rules rant, and showing the last elections people have complained about the election and the outcome.

And I never take any crap. You, for one, should know that. I love to debate and I love my politics and I will defend every word I say.

Exactly correct.

Most everything one can attribute to Bush is Congress's brainchild.

Not entirely correct. Bush was very quick to threaten a presidential veto........the most sickening example being his promise to veto any legislation curbing oil speculation.....even though we all know now that oil prices weren't truly market driven.....

Hard to fathom how some of the lesser posts can cause so much debate, as I've written 2 times before and in the 1st post, this action by military personnel won't amount to anything, its simply intriguing.

But, what's obvious more and more is the division of those on different sides, it's gone way beyond common ground with a few differences, anymore there's not much common ground to be had by republicans and democrats, the repulicans are leaning more towards there basic beliefs than ever and the democrats are controlled by those on the extreme left. The gap's going be further and further in a snowball effect likely, if this administration goes on the way it's going.

Um no? I dont care whether you say it is or not. As you can easily tell, I was pointing out that the door goes both ways, only going from Bluefield Rules rant, and showing the last elections people have complained about the election and the outcome.

And I never take any crap. You, for one, should know that. I love to debate and I love my politics and I will defend every word I say.

You were complaining when you posted about "putting up with it." You had to put up with it for 8 years and a couple of months ago. It's not simply saying the door swings both ways. Even if you were just saying that, then that is admitting that you are saying these things because you recieved crap in the past. That is in defense of the whining statement.

It's great that you don't take crap, that is something we have in common...WOW ! I love a good debate too. I defend my team or point of views as well. There is nothing wrong with it.

Edited by fieldgeneral

you need to go back and read what you wrote and what I wrote...then re-think what you just said...as for what I know...I had Bull Bevins in Gov....and that's all you need to know!!! LOL

Guest BEAVERTAIL
You pretty much were complaining that you were posting what you have because you had to put up with it for 8 years and a couple of months ago. It's not simply saying the door swings both ways.

Seriously what the heck are you talking about in the first sentence.

And I never complained, you are so blind. I was just pointing out that it happens on both sides, which it does. I never complained about the fact that someone said Bush cheated, in fact I defended it quite well. This is a pointless argument, and once again you are grasping at straws. I never would have even had to had this conversation if someone hadnt complained first. If anything, I was fighting fire with fire.

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12772&page=7

Oh yeah, please try to see where I complained about people complaining for Bush. You cant. I was an adamant Gore supporter then.

Not entirely correct. Bush was very quick to threaten a presidential veto........the most sickening example being his promise to veto any legislation curbing oil speculation.....even though we all know now that oil prices weren't truly market driven.....

Threatening it is another thing entirely from doing it. Presidential vetoes encompass a minute percentage of bills actually passed.

Clinton was a master at this. If I remember correctly.

Edited by UVAObserver

This is the quote I was referring to. Rules talked about dealing with it and all the fussing and whining is pointless. You replied with the above quote. You were telling him that he needs to deal with the whining and complaining because "we" had to the previous 8 years. It's your words not mine. I consider it whining. You may not and that's fine. You are entitled to your opinion.

Really this thread and topic is stupid and pointless. The President of the United States of America is of the correct age, is an American Citizen, and has been in office since January 20th , 2009. Yes, you must deal with it! I know you may not agree with the issue, but why not say that, or say you agree. I know you have not said one way or the other, but you have TRIED to show things being posted are incorrect or show that this kind of activity is warranted because the repubs have had to deal with it.

This is the type of activity we don't need amongst our government or the people. Support our President or until he gives you a reason not to. Don't give me crap the that he has already given you reasons. I only complained after the first 4 years of Bush. I had a lot of opinions.

Edited by fieldgeneral

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I know you have not said one way or the other, but you have TRIED to show things being posted are incorrect or show that this kind of activity is warranted because the repubs have had to deal with it.

Maybe you didnt read this.

Exactly, but I think what the whole debate is about is whether or not Obama was born on American soil... And since his mother was not in the US for 5 years, and his father was not American, he has to be born on American soil. I cant imagine he wouldnt have been honestly.

However i would like to point out that this lawsuit has been brought up 3 times* before, all against Republicans. Maybe its time for the far right to have one...

*(None have been proven)

Where did I say it was warranted? Go find it.

This is the type of activity we don't need amongst our government or the people. Support our President or until he gives you a reason not to. Don't give me crap the that he has already given you reasons. I only complained after the first 4 years of Bush. I had a lot of opinions.

I have a lot too.

1. Proposed Nationalized Healthcare

2. Gitmo

3. Abortions Overseas

4. The Spendulus

5. Leo Pannetta as head of CIA

6. Wanting to bail out the Housing Market

7. Tax cuts for 95% of the country, aka Redistribution of wealth

8. Increased Welfare and unemployment for people who work part time

9. The inability to work across the isle.

10. Cap and trade of the energy industry

11. The removal of rights for doctors who feel it is immoral to perform abortions

12. The proposed 700+ trillion for the Banks, in addition to the first.

13. Nationalization of the Banks

14. The appointment of Timothy Geithner

15. The use of most jobs added by the Spendulus to ALL be unionized.

16. The appointment of Mark Patterson, a lobbyist to the cabinet. Obama promised no lobbyists.

17. The appointment of William Lynn, another Lobbyist.

18. The increasing size of goverment, while he said he doesnt believe in them.

19. His appointment of Charles Freeman, a man who believes in dictatorships.

20-9019. Each Earmark in the Omnibus bill. Obama promised NO earmarks.

9020. Money sent to Palistine, twice, which even democrats agree some will end up in Hamas hands.

9021. In general, his inability to move away from the far left and be a leader.

9022. The proposed removal of the missile shield.

9023. The allowance of terrorists to receive US rights in a court of law.

9024. I had to hear about his dang pet for the last 2 months lol.

Ok so, 9023/9024 reasons why I do not support Obama as we speak. And honestly, there could be plenty more if I expounded on the many many items above where I find multiple troubling things. I have reasons, and their mine. I can decide when to support him and when not to.

Oh and BTW, concerning Bush, at one point 95% of the country supported him. Of course you would wait for years.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

I have a lot too.

1. Proposed Nationalized Healthcare

2. Gitmo

3. Abortions Overseas

4. The Spendulus

5. Leo Pannetta as head of CIA

6. Wanting to bail out the Housing Market

7. Tax cuts for 95% of the country, aka Redistribution of wealth

8. Increased Welfare and unemployment for people who work part time

9. The inability to work across the isle.

10. Cap and trade of the energy industry

11. The removal of rights for doctors who feel it is immoral to perform abortions

12. The proposed 700+ trillion for the Banks, in addition to the first.

13. Nationalization of the Banks

14. The appointment of Timothy Geithner

15. The use of most jobs added by the Spendulus to ALL be unionized.

16. The appointment of Mark Patterson, a lobbyist to the cabinet. Obama promised no lobbyists.

17. The appointment of William Lynn, another Lobbyist.

18. The increasing size of goverment, while he said he doesnt believe in them.

19. His appointment of Charles Freeman, a man who believes in dictatorships.

20-9019. Each Earmark in the Omnibus bill. Obama promised NO earmarks.

9020. Money sent to Palistine, twice, which even democrats agree some will end up in Hamas hands.

9021. In general, his inability to move away from the far left and be a leader.

9022. The proposed removal of the missile shield.

9023. The allowance of terrorists to receive US rights in a court of law.

9024. I had to hear about his dang pet for the last 2 months lol.

Ok so, 9023/9024 reasons why I do not support Obama as we speak. And honestly, there could be plenty more if I expounded on the many many items above where I find multiple troubling things. I have reasons, and their mine. I can decide when to support him and when not too.

Oh and BTW, concerning Bush, at one point 95% of the country supported him. Of course you would wait for years.

Ok, like I said you have opinions and that is fine. I'm sorry you spent your time listing them. As far as supporting the president, go ahead and don't and that's fine and dandy. Be a part of the problem rather than the solution. I'm not saying agree with him in his endeavors, but support him. Voice your opinion, but be supportive overall.

BTW, 95% may have supported him, but they got wise and grew tired. I supported him even though I really hated having the good ole' boy in office. Mainly because he seemed to not be able to do anything on his own and the fact that he sounded so ignorant when he spoke made me cringe. I supported him and hoped that he would do the right things while in office. I gave my 2 cents while he was in office although supporting him. I waited 4 not for yearsHe proved to me that I was not a big fan of him. Therefore, I am critical of some of the things he did. I am fully aware that he had to deal with some things that I wish on no President to deal with such as 9-11 and Katrina.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Mainly because he seemed to not be able to do anything on his own

Welcome to democracy bud, and our fine separation of powers.

Most Liberals would argue Bush did too much on his own.

Welcome to democracy bud, and our fine separation of powers.

Most Liberals would argue Bush did too much on his own.

No I'm not referring to that. I'm well aware of how our government works.

I'm referring to seeing him stumble over everything when trying to inform the media or public. I just felt that he wasn't qualified to be the President and I really feel that w/o DAD , he would have never been. Anyway, he's gone, but the mess isn't. I'll give Obama his four years before I judge his job. He's done some bold things to this point and seems to continue doing them. I hope it's for the best and I'm sure that his thinking is that it's the best for our country. Nevertheless, you're right, he doesn't do it all on his own. The American people voted to put people in place to vote for them. And they have and will continue doing so.