Joel Elswick to sign with Randolph Macon

tbgfan

haha gene crackin me up buddy... and no it wasn't joel beating matt it wasn't ringstaff beaiting muncey it wasn't jennings beating mcdaniel it was tazewell beating richlands. So yes to bad tazewell had a d1 athlete this year and richlands didn't and still won the game. Maybe he had a better supporting cast, maybe a better coaching staff, maybe just got a few lucky breaks, maybe all of them. But if wasn't one on one so i don't believe it should be put like that. As far as anyone going to college anywhere to play naia up to d1 it's an honor and if you really have ever loved to play a sport you would understand. 95% of the people that post regularly on here should know so much since they have watched so many games from the bench, but that's another argument in itself. Don't put down tazewell just because a few morons have something negative to say. Same could be done for anywhere.

Ive played against joel in baseball since we were little kids, watched him play football the whole time. He's a great ballplayer. Congratulations on getting to play 4 more years, or maybe more. Thats what its all about, getting a education and doing something you love. It doesn't matter if he went to southwest (if they had a football team) to play, as long as he's still getting to PLAY. Im from tazewell and i have 0 problems with congratulating him and wishing him luck, just as i hope everybody from around here would do for someone from Tazewell. I hope nothing but good things for him and anyone else from around here thats bettering themselves, as athletes and scholars.

Ive played against joel in baseball since we were little kids, watched him play football the whole time. He's a great ballplayer. Congratulations on getting to play 4 more years, or maybe more. Thats what its all about, getting a education and doing something you love. It doesn't matter if he went to southwest (if they had a football team) to play, as long as he's still getting to PLAY. Im from tazewell and i have 0 problems with congratulating him and wishing him luck, just as i hope everybody from around here would do for someone from Tazewell. I hope nothing but good things for him and anyone else from around here thats bettering themselves, as athletes and scholars.

Very nice post.

it is obviously getting harder and harder for someone from tazewell to congratulate anyone from richlands on accomplishing something each year, maybe the recent head-to-head record has to do something with it...too bad t-town's one player that signed to play d1 college ball couldnt beat richlands's one player that signed to play d3 ball. you can down joel as much as you want, but i believe his accolades and character speak for themselves and the funny thing is so does yours, im talking about your character because obviously you have no accolades ; ).

rhs_33, if a football game was played 1-on-1 then Yes the d1 tazewell athlete would have Skunked the d3 richlands athelte. but to bad a football game is 11-on-11 and not 1-on-1.

rhs_33, if a football game was played 1-on-1 then Yes the d1 tazewell athlete would have Skunked the d3 richlands athelte. but to bad a football game is 11-on-11 and not 1-on-1.

That shouldn't even be in the discussion really. 1 on 1 would be really lopsided in this case, but that's not how the story goes. Both being good ball players from the area I want em both to do well. Congrats.

If joel is so good then why isn't he going d1?????? cause he sucks matt is definatley the better athlete in this case!!!! Dont you agree?? who is the last person to score four touchdowns on richlands!

kooper...son, did you forget to eat your "wheaties this morning." This is about congratulating young men that are going on to another of "life's levels." Muncey and Elswick ......have accomplished "their" goals....whether it's D1 through D1000....they're now moving into another phase of their lives. Wish them the best and stop trying to compare apples to oranges.....it's what you make of your life....not where the journey begins.

If joel is so good then why isn't he going d1?????? cause he sucks matt is definatley the better athlete in this case!!!! Dont you agree?? who is the last person to score four touchdowns on richlands!
Maybe Joel doesn't have the size to go D1? Matt is 6'4 over 200 lbs, a good size to play D1. Joel is definitely smaller than that. D1 QB's now are expected to be around 6'4 and well over 200 lbs.

Matt also got his name out there alot..maybe Joel didn't? If any player from around here wants to go D1 they need to follow what Matt did and do as much as you can in the offseason to get your name out there. Look how it benifited him. Matt is very talented and has alot of potential to play for WFU, but what would have happened if he didn't go to combines..or made highlight tapes? My point is, you can have all the talent in the world, but if no scouts hear about you then how are you going to get a scholarship?

And not to take anything away from either guy, but the games are played 11 vs 11. Not 1 vs. 1. Noone on this board should be able to compare the two kids, saying one "sucks", or one is "definitely the better athlete." They both had great seasons in leading both of their teams to many wins, and Co-POY. Everyone should be proud of the area players who are going on to pursue their education while playing a sport. Everyone needs to open their eyes and see that this is an accomplishment, no matter where you are from.

The size of a stadium is the last thing any athlete thinks of when deciding on a school.

The reputation of the school academically and athletically is the overriding factor in most decisions. If the size of a stadium was a factor all D1 athletes would be signing with Michigan......"most" kids don't get to play in any stadium after high school.

Edited by trublue

The size of a stadium is the last thing any athlete thinks of when deciding on a school.

The reputation of the school academically and athletically is the overriding factor in most decisions. If the size of a stadium was a factor all D1 athletes would be signing with Michigan......"most" kids don't get to play in any stadium after high school.

Great post there trublue.

Again, a bunch of sad puppies trying to nawl on Richlands. As Bulldog 52 likes to say,

"GO LAY DOWN" LOL

Don't think anybody intended this thread to be about Joel going to college to be a D1 football player or make his way in the NFL (Except for a few pups trying to spin things.) He's going for a education and unlike most he's going to get to have some fun playing football while he is there.

Have fun Joel. Enjoyed watching you at Richlands.

Maybe Joel doesn't have the size to go D1? Matt is 6'4 over 200 lbs, a good size to play D1. Joel is definitely smaller than that. D1 QB's now are expected to be around 6'4 and well over 200 lbs.

Matt also got his name out there alot..maybe Joel didn't? If any player from around here wants to go D1 they need to follow what Matt did and do as much as you can in the offseason to get your name out there. Look how it benifited him. Matt is very talented and has alot of potential to play for WFU, but what would have happened if he didn't go to combines..or made highlight tapes? My point is, you can have all the talent in the world, but if no scouts hear about you then how are you going to get a scholarship?

And not to take anything away from either guy, but the games are played 11 vs 11. Not 1 vs. 1. Noone on this board should be able to compare the two kids, saying one "sucks", or one is "definitely the better athlete." They both had great seasons in leading both of their teams to many wins, and Co-POY. Everyone should be proud of the area players who are going on to pursue their education while playing a sport. Everyone needs to open their eyes and see that this is an accomplishment, no matter where you are from.

are you seroius eugene? i mean really are you?????

Anyone want to make a bet on which player sees the most playing time.

What did fuller get caught with on that drug test again? If Matt can stay the straight and narrow he'll have your "bet" on lock.

Anyone want to make a bet on which player sees the most playing time.

Above quote was about Joel and Matt....not Fuller

Here's you another thought. If Austin plays rover and Mat plays the this special tight end, we might get some match ups.

Above quote was not meant negatively....the way I read it ....would be great to see them match up somewhere down the road .....who wouldn't love seeing two from Tazewell Co. on the field at the same time....nothing else meant.

What did fuller get caught with on that drug test again? If Matt can stay the straight and narrow he'll have your "bet" on lock.

In my previous posts on this board....I've supported Muncey every step of the way in his pursuit to another level....and am GLAD to see it. Do you feel better after what you said ....does "junking" Fuller give you the "jollies"...????? if you're a football fan, and you ever met him after a game .....would you tell him straight up who you are and how you "junked" him on this board???? You don't see Muncey, Fuller, or Joel on here downing other players....let's show them the same respect.

Be glad for the "next level" players and keep the rumors out.....if anything were of significant consequence for any player....most coaches wouldn't/couldn't be looking the other way.

Edited by trublue

Yeah, it gave me the "jollies". How stupid. And I wasn't downing the kid, I was asking if anybody knew what the positive substances in the drug test was because I didn't know. Geez, guess I should have quoted thundercloud and asked him.

I knew the mrb quote was about Joel to begin with. Just because fuller's name is mentioned before my statement about the bet doesn't mean I was even talking about him in the next statement. I understand what this thread is about and already congratulated Joel in an earlier post.

I'm glad to see all of them get the chance to continue to play, you just took it all out of context.

I can see where you could have misunderstood it though.

Yeah, it gave me the "jollies". How stupid. And I wasn't downing the kid, I was asking if anybody knew what the positive substances in the drug test was because I didn't know. Geez, guess I should have quoted thundercloud and asked him.

I knew the mrb quote was about Joel to begin with. Just because fuller's name is mentioned before my statement about the bet doesn't mean I was even talking about him in the next statement. I understand what this thread is about and already congratulated Joel in an earlier post.

I'm glad to see all of them get the chance to continue to play, you just took it all out of context.

I can see where you could have misunderstood it though.

Let's just hope that Joel don't give up this opportunity at the next level and a education like the previous Richlands QB did... Good Luck to all the next level guys...

Geez, guess I should have quoted thundercloud and asked him.

Don't quote me or ask me, I know nothing about what your talking about.

My thought was two SW VA players on the field at the same time and even matching up against each other. Be hard to get better than that on a Saturday afternoon.

Is Matt's dad's name Mark?

Don't quote me or ask me, I know nothing about what your talking about.

My thought was two SW VA players on the field at the same time and even matching up against each other. Be hard to get better than that on a Saturday afternoon.

Is Matt's dad's name Mark?

Nope.

• 3 weeks later...
You're retarded. Yeah, it's important. He's continuing his football career in college. Doesn't matter what division. I'm sorry not everybody can be division 1 football players. One of the best linebackers currently in the NFL played division 3 football.

you are a smartellic.. in every thread i have read that you have commented in everyone involves you smarting off..enough already