Grundy going to Single A? Nope!

Lance

vhsl voted today 24-0 to deny move to single a until 2 year cycle is up.

I understand both sides of the argument and I think the move down is valid, I just didn't think and still don't think it should be done in mid-cycle.

Hopefully all of the SWD schools that should be A level can make the move down together and the AD's involved can get on the same page to keep some of the long standing history intact....just keep your fingers crossed for realignment on the next cycle.

Totally agree.

While I'd like to see us drop, I think the method was a bit underhanded and coniving.

No reason to screw up the athletics and a dozen other schools around the area to make it happen.

So, the first can of worms that has been opened is county school boards vs. individual schools.

The second is county school boards vs. the VHSL.

The unopened can is yearly movements. If this had passed, Grundy could have asked to "play-up" again starting in 2011, and the school board could vote to drop again in 2012. Talk about ticking ppl. off.

Totally agree.

While I'd like to see us drop, I think the method was a bit underhanded and coniving.

No reason to screw up the athletics and a dozen other schools around the area to make it happen.

I totally agree as well. The methods were underhanded and the motive was selfish. School administrators and staff are hired to make certain decisions. It isn't the school board's area of expertise (to say the least).

This was what was decided in the first place...I think everyone knew the request would be denied mid cycle...The board needs to be patient and let it play out like was originally discussed.

I totally agree as well. The methods were underhanded and the motive was selfish. School administrators and staff are hired to make certain decisions. It isn't the school board's area of expertise (to say the least).
Grundy kids will pay for it in the long run . but we got what we got . and yes it is the school boards job to make sure that the kids come first. but at GHS the kids got screwed for another two years. congrats mr. AD fatjack & mr. north grundy you won and the kids lost sleep well.:mad:

this wasn't the SB looking out or the kids ... it was someone trying to make a mess of things. "Denied" was the best move. What does it hurt to stay AA for an extra year and drop duing the nomal pocess, instead of screwing around with the scheds of a dozen schools that have nothing to do with this?

I doubt the SB was fully informed before their vote.

as far i understand it grundy is going to finish this season and the next THEN make the drop

You getting ready to set your tater sack slide up again FatBoy?,it's close to carnival time..

Can't wait fer the Carny to hit town again....one of them women on the Tiltewhirl gave me a disease last year

ok here is my two cents worth on the whole Grundy going to the BDD. everyone thinks its ok for grundy to leave the southwest district where they are the smallest school and go to the BDD where they will be the largest school. but the one thing i hope for is when they do that teams like Hurley and Twin Valley show them that they problems other than the amount of kids you have in their school.

ok here is my two cents worth on the whole Grundy going to the BDD. everyone thinks its ok for grundy to leave the southwest district where they are the smallest school and go to the BDD where they will be the largest school. but the one thing i hope for is when they do that teams like Hurley and Twin Valley show them that they problems other than the amount of kids you have in their school.

huh ?????

i think he's wanting Hurley and TV to beat Grundy...lol...or at least that's what I got out of that nonsense.

before you all get bent out of shape over what i said the problems i referred to were grundy used to have a great feeder program with big rock, harman,2 vansant teams,prater,and bevins all having teams which made a good varsity program that could compete with anyone. and yes i will pull for Hurley And Twin Valley when they do play.

before you all get bent out of shape over what i said the problems i referred to were grundy used to have a great feeder program with big rock, harman,2 vansant teams,prater,and bevins all having teams which made a good varsity program that could compete with anyone. and yes i will pull for Hurley And Twin Valley when they do play.
watch what you say lance will lock you out......just like the KGB..:mad:

nothing wrong with that...and I tend to agree.

watch what you say lance will lock you out......just like the KGB..:mad:

only if you come in here acting like a 13 year old kid talking a bunch of trash and nonsense...why do you mention it...would you like to be locked out again or something?