Virginia v. Duke for the ACC Title...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

You want the honest truth to why I am arguing about this???

I have a point to prove. But it isnt about UVA, or college baseball even...

Its about the great almighty playoff system.

Cause when someone down the line says... "With an X team playoff, the regular season WILL matter!"

But it wont. Its obvious UVA should have gotten a top 16 seed. Top 8? Probably/Maybe. Heck this even shows that the postseason tournament didnt matter. UVA did everything they should have and maybe a little more to be a top 16 team. But there will always be controversy. It will never be "fair." Someone will make a bad decision. Someone may get left out, heck UVA would if it was a 16 team playoff. Its one thing when someone gets left out on a 64 team tourney, but 16? That would have huge implications. Not to mention 8.

So yes, I have been badgering you, and I guess I should apologize for that. But I have been preparing for a larger battle down the road, and wanted to pick up some quotable lines for future use. This page has been favorited already.

Oh and BTW, UVA beats Strasberg tonight, and runs him in the 6th. If you are in the Bluefield area, Ive got a 60 in. TV with ESPNU. Send me a pm, I feel its the least I can do.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want the honest truth to why I am arguing about this???

I have a point to prove. But it isnt about UVA, or college baseball even...

Its about the great almighty playoff system.

Cause when someone down the line says... "With an X team playoff, the regular season WILL matter!"

But it wont. Its obvious UVA should have gotten a top 16 seed. Top 8? Probably/Maybe. Heck this even shows that the postseason tournament didnt matter. UVA did everything they should have and maybe a little more to be a top 16 team. But there will always be controversy. It will never be "fair." Someone will make a bad decision. Someone may get left out, heck UVA would if it was a 16 team playoff. Its one thing when someone gets left out on a 64 team tourney, but 16? That would have huge implications. Not to mention 8.

So yes, I have been badgering you, and I guess I should apologize for that. But I have been preparing for a larger battle down the road, and wanted to pick up some quotable lines for future use. This page has been favorited already.

Oh and BTW, UVA beats Strasberg tonight, and runs him in the 6th. If you are in the Bluefield area, Ive got a 60 in. TV with ESPNU. Send me a pm, I feel its the least I can do.

The playoff system is flawed, and no formula's perfect. I'm definitely pleased UVA made the field and is playing in the postseason again. The 8 national seeds don't even mean that much to me, really (and it's not even a guarantee of hosting a super-regional). Though next year, if as much of this roster returns as should return, it'll be something to watch.

I kinda had a hunch around the middle of Page 4 that you were getting my goad a little bit!

Preparing for a much larger battle, you say? Pray tell! Or PM me. Nothing sinister, I hope. ;)

I'll definitely find some way to at least watch this game, even if I have to go to a bar to do it (just not my scene). Strasburg's one of the best college pitchers of all-time, so it's not going to be easy in the least. We just have to work him deep in counts, foul off pitches, contest everything. And if he leaves something hanging, make him pay. If there's any silver lining, SDSU's offense is pretty anemic, just 27-20 when Strasburg doesn't start. And they've lost games Strasburg has had to leave early. I'm definitely concerned. And though I act like UVA's regional history isn't a big deal, it's in the back of my mind.

Man, were I in Bluefield, I'd take you up on that. Hell of an offer.

And were this any other year, I would have been in Bluefield.

I was offered an internship with Penn State's Children's Advocacy Clinic, 40 hours/week, and it pays very competitively with some of the better internships available here. Couldn't pass it up, almost makes me self-sufficient for the summertime. But the next time I'm in town, which should be around July 4th, we'll see what happens!

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I kinda had a hunch around the middle of Page 4 that you were getting my goad a little bit!

Preparing for a much larger battle, you say? Pray tell! Or PM me. Nothing sinister, I hope. ;)

I take it upon myself to be the defender of the BCS. I even created a Public Relations/IMC campaign to try and restore its image with the average college football fan for a class of mine. That is the battle/war I am waiting for. I know it will happen again.

But tonight my buddy is house sitting a house that has a 60 in TV, and every sports channel known to man. MLB network as well, so there is always baseball on. But tonight its UVA vs. Strasberg. Should be a fun one.