Virginia v. Duke for the ACC Title...

Guest BEAVERTAIL
“This is providing an unbelievable opportunity for this because there’s a lot of controversy around it and we’re playing great teams, going to the No. 1 team in the country’s ballpark and probably facing the No. 1 pitcher in the country, and the defending national champion being there.â€

So the best team in the country has a RPI of 18?

Hmm. Seems like UVA's coach agrees with the committee that RPI does not matter.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, UVA is 2 and out in the Regional...

With all due respect, you know as much about Virginia baseball as I about neurosurgery (or VT baseball). Let's face it.

Not the wisest thing to make such statements with that sort of bravado knowing next to nothing about the teams playing. Did you know that SDSU has one of the most anemic offenses in the tournament? Or that they are 27-20 without Strasburg pitching? How about FSU-West, who eeked into the field with a 32-28 record and little else outside their defending national title?

Another example of your unabated Virginia-hatred/envy. At least Virginia can make its own conference tournament, amirite?

So the best team in the country has a RPI of 18?

Hmm. Seems like UVA's coach agrees with the committee that RPI does not matter.

Oh, come on. You know O'Connor's putting on a good face with the media.

What's he supposed to say? "We got jobbed and everyone in their right mind knows it"?! I bet $100 that's how he really feels.

In the locker room, I bet he had more than a few choice words about having the longest traveling distance of ANY tourney team.

He's not Seth Greenberg. Like the vast majority of coaches, he's playing nice with the media.

And UC-Irvine actually did hold the #1 ranking for a considerable time this year, if we want to nitpick...

Take a look around some of the larger college baseball online communities. I'm far from alone on this one, boys...

Edited by UVAObserver

Did you know UVA is in the only Region with three teams that have won at least 40 games this season and the other one is the defending National Champion...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I am just not a fan of whining about something.* And there is merit to the fact that the committee did not use RPI as a tool for seeding.

*I really dont like it when I feel teams and players dont deserve to whine, as in they have proven nothing. They have never even won a regional. This is their chance.

Did you know UVA is in the only Region with three teams that have won at least 40 games this season and the other one is the defending National Champion...

Kinda helps my point, don't you think? ;)

I am just not a fan of whining about something.* And there is merit to the fact that the committee did not use RPI as a tool for seeding.

*I really dont like it when I feel teams and players dont deserve to whine, as in they have proven nothing. They have never even won a regional. This is their chance.

I understand your point, and it's got merit. I just disagree with it.

The committee harped on SOS, and specifically OOC-SOS, as one of the biggest tools it used to justify such horrific seedings like Baylor, Oklahoma State, Virginia, etc. The RPI takes that into account plus some. Why use a sextant when you can use a TI-86? It doesn't make sense. The RPI is the best tool out there, like it or not. And the committee unwisely turned completely away from it.

And whining isn't the point of it. I know I've done some, but I believe it's fully justified. It goes against the competitive spirit of a tournament to stack one regional full of impressive teams while leaving other regionals (cough-Kansas State-cough-Weiser's connections-cough) with virtual creampuff teams.

Yes, teams deserve proper seeding for a postseason tournament.

Each team's body of work is what should justify their seeding. Teams earn their seedings.

If not, as you suggest, the regular season is meaningless. Just seed the tournament based on Rivals recruit star-values.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

But I am not sure the RPI is at all accurate. How do you take a team, with arguably the worst OOC schedule, give them an average ACC W/L record, and make them 6? The system probably needs some tweaking.

I honestly think there is a very valid reason for all of this, and if I cared enough or got to watch college baseball Im sure I would figure it out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMan viewpost.gif

Kinda helps my point, don't you think? ;)

Mine too...two and done...

But I am not sure the RPI is at all accurate. How do you take a team, with arguably the worst OOC schedule, give them an average ACC W/L record, and make them 6? The system probably needs some tweaking.

I honestly think there is a very valid reason for all of this, and if I cared enough or got to watch college baseball Im sure I would figure it out.

No formula's going to be perfect, no doubt. It's impossible to find a perfect one.

But I think you're far downplaying Virginia's success here.

1. Virginia's OOC schedule ranked 30th. I don't see where you're getting "arguably the worst". Don't buy into Weiser's garbage.

2. 16-10-1 with 2 complete rainouts isn't exactly "average". Remember, UVA lost 2.5 ACC games due to rainouts. And UVA finished the regular season 2.5 games out of first...

3. UVA has the longest winning streak of any team in college baseball at 19 (not current, but for any team over the course of its season). That means, beating teams early on that a team should beat (started 19-0). And it's not like UVA's playing in a baseball hotbed. For midweek series, you HAVE to play the nearby schools: the VCUs, the GMUs, the Radfords. It's not like Texas/ASU/Fullerton/Irvine/Rice are beating down doors to fly 1500-2000 miles across the country for a 2-game midweek series.

4. The ACC is the #1 conference by RPI. Beating up on each other, etc.

And I've dug, trying to find a valid reason. Believe me, I've tried to rationalize it.

Weiser's been completely unable to justify his rationale.

He's given nothing but gross examples of double-speak when trying to explain this ludicrous bracket.

When BaseballAmerica's griping about it, there's something significantly wrong with the process.

And unlike many fans on this board, my alma mater gives me a reason to cheer for spring sports.

So I pay much more attention than many to baseball/tennis/lacrosse/etc.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest BEAVERTAIL

2. 16-10-1 with 2 complete rainouts isn't exactly "average". Remember, UVA lost 2.5 ACC games due to rainouts. And UVA finished the regular season 2.5 games out of first...

Lets be honest. The probability of UVA winning those games are slim. Sweeping the ACC regular season champion would be hard enough, then to play one of the bests in GT and win tough as well.

They could have easily been 5 games back.

Lets be honest. The probability of UVA winning those games are slim. Sweeping the ACC regular season champion would be hard enough, then to play one of the bests in GT and win tough as well.

They could have easily been 5 games back.

Slim probablility? We only beat FSU by a 21-5 margin in the two games we actually did get to play.

And the GT game was tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 7th when it was rained out. The rubber match game of that series, BTW.

We'd probably have went 2-1 in those 3 games, truth be told. 1-2 perhaps.

But slim probability? Give me some of what you're smoking, brother!

It seems like you're just wanting to put down UVA. Almost like you have some sort of grudge, TBH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another person who agrees with me: http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/the-odds-to-omaha/

And his formula pegs UVA at #1. ONE. Best in the nation. Even I wouldn't go THAT far...

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Slim probablility? We only beat FSU by a 21-5 margin in the two games we actually did get to play.

And the GT game was tied 1-1 in the bottom of the 7th when it was rained out. The rubber match game of that series, BTW.

We'd probably have went 2-1 in those 3 games, truth be told. 1-2 perhaps.

But slim probability? Give me some of what you're smoking, brother!

It seems like you're just wanting to put down UVA. Almost like you have some sort of grudge, TBH.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's another person who agrees with me: http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/article/the-odds-to-omaha/

And his formula pegs UVA at #1. ONE. Best in the nation. Even I wouldn't go THAT far...

Im just realistic. You are not gonna sweep the best team in the ACC. And seriously, you acted like you would win all three. There is a slim chance of that, very slim.

And the score was 4-4 in the tie, and UVA's bullpen had struggled giving up the lead earlier in the series often.

This whole thing is how UVA got "robbed" and the "conspiracy theory" really gets on my nerves. Maybe Im blowing this thing out of proportion from what people really say but until UVA wins a regional and becomes a power, they dont deserve to win it all.

Another thing. You finished FOURTH in your division. PERIOD. You cant blame rainouts. You cant say only 2.5 games back. A loss by 1, is the same as a loss by 14. Same with your score analogies. You want a chance or think you deserve a 1 seed, at LEAST finish in the top half of your division.

That is all.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

The seeding is what it is, quit crying and play the games ahead of you. If you deserved a higher seed than it'll show in your play on the diamond.

The seeding is what it is. Which is a complete, absolute joke.

Almost the entire collegiate baseball world agrees with what I'm saying, that's the point. Impartial, unbiased writers, some of whom have used mathematical formulas to show how blatantly screwy the entire process was. I'm honestly quite shocked that I'm the only one on this board that thinks so. But again, I don't support the two local schools, so this is to be somewhat expected. Whining, perhaps. But what I cannot get anyone on this board to see, unlike the rest of true college baseball fans, is that Virginia was indeed robbed/jobbed.

And indeed, SDSU/UVA is tonight at 7 PM, on ESPNU. Since I don't get it, I'll be following it online. This particular UVA team will become my favorite of all-time if they can make it to Omaha with the selection committee going out of its way to stop that from happening.

Im just realistic. You are not gonna sweep the best team in the ACC. And seriously, you acted like you would win all three. There is a slim chance of that, very slim.

And the score was 4-4 in the tie, and UVA's bullpen had struggled giving up the lead earlier in the series often.

This whole thing is how UVA got "robbed" and the "conspiracy theory" really gets on my nerves. Maybe Im blowing this thing out of proportion from what people really say but until UVA wins a regional and becomes a power, they dont deserve to win it all.

Another thing. You finished FOURTH in your division. PERIOD. You cant blame rainouts. You cant say only 2.5 games back. A loss by 1, is the same as a loss by 14. Same with your score analogies. You want a chance or think you deserve a 1 seed, at LEAST finish in the top half of your division.

That is all.

Ahem, sweep the best team in the ACC you say? I find it a little hard to believe that a team can sweep itself, unless we're playing intersquad ball or something. UVA mowed down Clemson, "God's Gift to Collegiate Baseball", Duke, and FSU in a 5-day span to win the ACC. For that weekend at least, Virginia was the best team in the ACC, the only one that did not lose a game in its conference tournament. Every team (save the lowly Marylands/VTs that didn't qualify for it) had an equal shot. UVA reached and took it.

You have some sort of grudge against Virginia, I can tell it from the way you post. Of course I can blame UVA's conference standing on rainouts! A team with an .800 winning percentage (that's right) will more than likely take at the very least 2 of those three games. We had beaten FSU by the margin of 21-5 in 2 contests against them this season, one for the conference title. Virginia scored no less than 6 runs in a game against them (and no less than 6 runs in any game in the ACC Tournament, might I add). What makes it so farfetched to you that we couldn't win the other two, especially after sweeping the #1-RPI conference's tournament. And FWIW, all three rainouts were in Charlottesville: home-field advantage. Indeed, the game against GT was a 4-4 tie, I'll admit when I'm wrong; but at least I made you take time out of your day to go look it up!

Heck, even Weiser didn't even try to justify his whacked-up decision by referring to conference standing. Hypothetically, a team could be 17-3 and be 4th in its conference if the 3 teams ahead of it were 18-2, 19-1, and 20-0. Sorry, but that's an egregiously-flawed line of reasoning, and it really reflects on how strong UVA's argument is if people have to dig THAT deep to find something wrong with our resume.

If my posting about UVA getting robbed (true) and conspiracy theories (plausible) get on your nerves, then let's agree to disagree or just stop arguing about it. I'm not changing my opinion on this one. There's no statistical evidence to make me change it. It is what it is, and that's a rook job. And you have your opinion, and I doubt I'm making a dent in it, either.

Your last thought in your post confuses me: until we become a regional power, we don't deserve to win it all? I'm not talking about winning a national title (unlike the article I just quoted), I'm just talking about being the #1-seed in a regional which we justly deserve.

As I've posted earlier, there are LOADS of people in the college baseball world saying what I'm saying. BaseballAmerica has ripped into Weiser. Commonwealth sports writers are saying it. ESPN writers have said it. I'm somewhat stunned that I'm the only person here who feels this way.

At least this will be put to rest either on Sunday/Monday.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Of course I can blame UVA's conference standing on rainouts! A team with an .800 winning percentage (that's right) will more than likely take at the very least 2 of those three games.

What was your regular season* winning percentage in the ACC?

Not even .600.

(when the games were played)

What was your regular season* winning percentage in the ACC?

Not even .600.

(when the games were played)

.592 for 16-11-1 in the conference regular season. Or does the postseason not count? You'd like it not to, but I protest. Let's factor in those 4 postseason wins, shall we? That makes it 20-11-1; only FSU has more conference wins (21-including postseason) in the #1-RPI conference in the nation.

But you do recognize, Virginia went an incredible 23-1 out of conference; SOS aside (again, better than a number of the current #1-seeds), if you do this against a Division I varsity baseball team, it's impressive. Virginia was 17-11-1 against the RPI top 100; again, strong considering the competition. Even more convincingly, Virginia was 7-5-1 against the RPI Top 15 (see: #1-seeds) See, for every statistic you pull out, I can pull out 4 which show that the regional placement was mind-boggling at best and borderline criminal at worst. And that's by no means all the statistics I have, either.

Again, you discredit that we had 2.5 games rained out. 2 against a team UVA was undefeated to the entire season, the tie against a team UVA had split with. And again, there was a 2.5 game deficit between 19-10 FSU and 16-11-1 UVA. Nevermind that UVA gave FSU 1 of those losses and likely would've given them at least 1 more were it not pouring rain. Maybe we should strip away FSU's #1-seed because 19-10 wasn't a big enough margin to lead the ACC regular season race...

And apparently, the postseason tournament means nothing in college baseball. UVA would've been better off tanking to get a #2 (wait, #3, I remember now, Weiser hates UVA) seed closer to home. That's disgraceful.

Edited by UVAObserver

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im not gonna go find 4 stats to back it up. I just fix the ones you spin your way, same as I do occasionally with mine, which you pointed out above.

The argument from my side stems from not so much that UVA did not deserve it, but that they feel like they were a victim. Doesnt everyone these days?

Sure, UVA had a great year. They could/should have finished higher in the ACC regular season. They couldnt do much more with the OOC and Post season play, Ill give you that. But seriously, this is blown way out of proportion, and heres why.

1. UVA has never won a regional at home. Why not go for some change?

2. Who is to say the committee wasn't trying to screw UC-Irvine? Or SDSU? or Fresno, the defending champs?

3. What college kid would not love to go to Cali? Its the summer, not a lot of ppl are on campus... I would go. Free Trip.

4. UVA has never won a regional. Maybe they need motivation.

5. Home field advantage is smaller in baseball than most sports, unless you are playing at Troy, or some other place that has artificial dirt or something crazy like that.

And the 6th and biggest reason, is its the playoffs. Everyone is in. Everyone has a chance. Win your games and avoid elimination and you can hold the trophy. Its that simple. No need to complain, just get the W.

And now, for a video dedication, to all those UVA fans, players, and coaches, who think they were "robbed".*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ORwO5xDUE&feature=related

*And anyone else who thinks they are a victim. The world is not fair. Live with it. Cause dang it, Im sick of it. But I guess Ill just have to get over it.

Im not gonna go find 4 stats to back it up. I just fix the ones you spin your way, same as I do occasionally with mine, which you pointed out above.

The argument from my side stems from not so much that UVA did not deserve it, but that they feel like they were a victim. Doesnt everyone these days?

Sure, UVA had a great year. They could/should have finished higher in the ACC regular season. They couldnt do much more with the OOC and Post season play, Ill give you that. But seriously, this is blown way out of proportion, and heres why.

1. UVA has never won a regional at home. Why not go for some change?

2. Who is to say the committee wasn't trying to screw UC-Irvine? Or SDSU? or Fresno, the defending champs?

3. What college kid would not love to go to Cali? Its the summer, not a lot of ppl are on campus... I would go. Free Trip.

4. UVA has never won a regional. Maybe they need motivation.

5. Home field advantage is smaller in baseball than most sports, unless you are playing at Troy, or some other place that has artificial dirt or something crazy like that.

And the 6th and biggest reason, is its the playoffs. Everyone is in. Everyone has a chance. Win your games and avoid elimination and you can hold the trophy. Its that simple. No need to complain, just get the W.

And now, for a video dedication, to all those UVA fans, players, and coaches, who think they were "robbed".*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3ORwO5xDUE&feature=related

*And anyone else who thinks they are a victim. The world is not fair. Live with it. Cause dang it, Im sick of it. But I guess Ill just have to get over it.

Personally, I do think Virginia was a victim in this seeding process. So was UC-Irvine. So was Rhode Island and Dallas Baptist, the 2 teams that should've been in besides OKST and Baylor. I don't feel like UVA's the only one. I just want to see them adequately rewarded for their season's work. Instead, we'd have been better tanking the ACC Tournament.

I will address your numbered points in order.

1. That's basing current seeding on performances from seasons ago. Stretched to its extreme, you can justify just about anything in the sporting world. VT had never won a BCS game before this season. Would their past performance justify denying them a shot at it? Of course not. That's silly. And deep down, I think you think it is, too.

2. The committee has royally screwed UC-Irvine enough. They should've hosted in the last 2 tournaments, but were passed over for it. They were BaseballAmerica's #1 team for over half the season, and earned a #6 national seed. That's why I believe that Weiser was doing this for the TV-hype this series would bring. That, and to give a present to KSU.

3. They're not going to California to sunbathe and dance with the USC Song Girls. They're going for work, for business. Their plane landed Tuesday, and they've done little else besides practice. Hit the clubs at night, sure. But going out to California with THREE other California teams in that regional kills any benefit there ever was.

4. I've already listed the reasons UVA never won a regional. This is only the 3rd time we've been shipped 2500 miles, maybe that has a teensy bit to do with it...

5. But you're admitting that there is home-field advantage. My point exactly.

And to counter, here's a video dedication for what Virginia's going to do, having been jobbed so unjustly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGX-Fxx52M&feature=related

If it grates on you, just ignore it. I'm enjoying our little banter. A pinch bewildered that no one on this board even sees the merit in what I'm saying (considering most of the sporting world does). But still enjoying it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

My first point was to address the fact that when UVA has hosted a regional, only one outcome has happened, an early exit. Not about who deserves what, but for the simple fact that when they have had their best teams, they couldnt get it done in Cville. Why not give another place a try?

Give a present to KSU? They have to play perenial power Rice, as well as a good team in Xavier. They are not that close to home, so Im not sure what you are getting at here.

How many people can say they have been to Cali on this board? Maybe a handful. Who would not want to go there? And I am sure they have plenty of time to hit the beach in a 24 hour day. To prove my point, here is a quote from Adam Warren, UNC pitcher, from his blog: "The next week we made the trip to Boston in what many have dubbed the worst trip ever. We did stay in a nice hotel, but they did not have free internet and there were no stores or restaurants within walking distance. This may not sound like a big deal, but when you are trying to kill time on road trips those two features are essential."

Why would they go that far? You said it yourself earlier, there arent that many good teams around UVA. Was it fair for Oregon St. to come to Charlottesville? Thats another team who is not near a great deal of good college baseball and have a similar situation. The fact that is happens regulary shows that the committee has standards and a system. BTW, Oregon St sure made the best of it.

And about traveling so far...teensy bit to do with it? Maybe if you could win at home in a regional I would agree with that.

Why is no one caring what you say? Cause I think the people on this board agree with what I and Rules have said. Shut up and Play. I see that you never addressed my final and biggest point. Thats because there is no counter. You have to win your games. And if you are the better team, you find ways to win. They have an equal chance like everyone, now go play.

Time will tell if UVA is the better team.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I have recived information, in my first 5 minutes of research on this topic, that it may be UVA's entire fault on this matter in why they did not recieve a regional.

It seems as if you must enter a bid to recieve a region site, and the bid must be accepted.

Did UVA forget to send a bid? Did they send in a very poor one? Is this even true? Im looking for more answers.

*** One minute later, and I find it. You DO have to enter a bid. Now the question becomes, what was UVA's bid like??? Or did they even bid?

I have recived information, in my first 5 minutes of research on this topic, that it may be UVA's entire fault on this matter in why they did not recieve a regional.

It seems as if you must enter a bid to recieve a region site, and the bid must be accepted.

Did UVA forget to send a bid? Did they send in a very poor one? Is this even true? Im looking for more answers.

*** One minute later, and I find it. You DO have to enter a bid. Now the question becomes, what was UVA's bid like??? Or did they even bid?

You're right, you have to place bids to host a regional. Hence UC-Irvine's frustration the previous 2 years for putting in bids with a Top-15 team and losing out both times.

However, it is not UVA's fault. It's not like Virginia doesn't know how to bid on a regional; you don't win regional sites three out of the last six years by not knowing the proper protocol to host the shindigs. In short, Virginia sent in a bid and sent in a very nice one comparable to previous years. They just weren't accepted.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

So are you saying thats why they didnt get a bid? Moreso than the fact that you feel they were "robbed?"

My first point was to address the fact that when UVA has hosted a regional, only one outcome has happened, an early exit. Not about who deserves what, but for the simple fact that when they have had their best teams, they couldnt get it done in Cville. Why not give another place a try?

Give a present to KSU? They have to play perenial power Rice, as well as a good team in Xavier. They are not that close to home, so Im not sure what you are getting at here.

How many people can say they have been to Cali on this board? Maybe a handful. Who would not want to go there? And I am sure they have plenty of time to hit the beach in a 24 hour day. To prove my point, here is a quote from Adam Warren, UNC pitcher, from his blog: "The next week we made the trip to Boston in what many have dubbed the worst trip ever. We did stay in a nice hotel, but they did not have free internet and there were no stores or restaurants within walking distance. This may not sound like a big deal, but when you are trying to kill time on road trips those two features are essential."

Why would they go that far? You said it yourself earlier, there arent that many good teams around UVA. Was it fair for Oregon St. to come to Charlottesville? Thats another team who is not near a great deal of good college baseball and have a similar situation. The fact that is happens regulary shows that the committee has standards and a system. BTW, Oregon St sure made the best of it.

And about traveling so far...teensy bit to do with it? Maybe if you could win at home in a regional I would agree with that.

Why is no one caring what you say? Cause I think the people on this board agree with what I and Rules have said. Shut up and Play. I see that you never addressed my final and biggest point. Thats because there is no counter. You have to win your games. And if you are the better team, you find ways to win. They have an equal chance like everyone, now go play.

Time will tell if UVA is the better team.

I think it's rather obtuse to say "well, UVA lost the last three times it hosted a regional, let's give somewhere else a try." Sorry, but I scoff at that. If you earn the #1-seed, you EARN the #1-seed; it doesn't matter what other teams "want a chance". Your past performances have absolutely nothing to do whether you earned it THIS YEAR. Go back to my previous post and read this point that you either disregarded or missed entirely. And in the vast majority of people's minds, Virginia earned it.

California is a nice vacation spot in late May/early June, I'm sure. I have a very good friend who lives in L.A. Laid back guy, loves it there. However, it's ENTIRELY different if you're there to focus on work and if you're there for pure leisure. If Brian O'Connor is the coach we think he is, I guarantee you leisure is the last thing on this team's mind. They're angry that they've been passed over, regardless of the niceties O'Connor shows to the media. And they're there on a mission. More than you or I, they know the stakes. And I promise you, that team going out there tonight will be prepared. It just plain sucks that they had to travel 10 times the distance of the other three teams combined to get there.

Oregon State was also the defending national champions coming to Charlottesville as a widely-underrated #3-seed. In fact, Virginia was the ONLY squad to give them a loss that tournament. Not even “God’s Gift to Collegiate Baseball” could keep them down. Many other Top 20, Top 10, Top 5 teams tried and failed. It’s not like Virginia was alone in this matter. In fact, they gave OSU a better fight than anyone else in the tournament, wouldn’t you say?

And in fact I DID address your counter-argument. I've addressed it and addressed it and addressed it. Virginia only lost 12 games on the season. The Hoos tied 1 and won forty-freaking-three. 43-12-1. 27-1 out of conference. ACC Championship. 2nd best winning percentage in the nation. Tied for fewest losses in the nation. And that's exactly what I've been harping on for almost a conflabbed week now: Virginia won enough, nay MORE than enough, games to host. Only 4 of Virginia's 43 wins were even by 1 run: that's winning and winning with flair. And yet, they're stuck in Irvine California at a stadium that Tazewell's field would put to shame. Can I be any clearer?

I don't doubt that most people on this board agree with you. That doesn't mean that larger and more notable communities out there agree with you; nay, they'd disagree rather vigorously with what you/GMan/Rules have been trying to feed me. In fact, I'm whole-heartedly convinced that you/GMan/Rules have a grudge against UVA given that you cheer for different schools. Rules moreso, given the fact that UVA/UNC have been pretty fierce baseball rivals in the past few years (and I'm sure that 11-1 mercy rule game didn't help).

I hope Virginia creams Strasburg just like they did Alex White. I hope they advance out of Irvine, make it to Omaha, and win the national championship. I'm definitely going to revisit this thread if/when Virginia loses. First pitch is less than 6 hours away. And I'll find some way to follow this one.

Edited by UVAObserver

So are you saying thats why they didnt get a bid? Moreso than the fact that you feel they were "robbed?"

I thought I made it pretty clear.

Virginia did everything it had to do as well as they could possibly do it in order to get a bid. And in fact, well enough to where the vast majority of collegiate baseball fans agree with me. Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing, or do you actually have some point to prove?

Edited by UVAObserver