Jamie Foxx makes more racist comments...

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

Why does he get a pass?

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jaime-foxx-dances-the-moonwalk-for-michael-jackson-2009286

"We are here for the greatest. There's no need to be sad," he told the audience, which included Diddy, Alicia Keys and Kanye West, among others. "We want to celebrate this black man - he belongs to us - and we shared him with everybody else."

Foxx recounted seeing Jackson in concert in 1983 at Texas Stadium.

"Mike comes out ... and grown white men fainted," said Foxx.

Why does he get a pass?

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/jaime-foxx-dances-the-moonwalk-for-michael-jackson-2009286

"We are here for the greatest. There's no need to be sad," he told the audience, which included Diddy, Alicia Keys and Kanye West, among others. "We want to celebrate this black man - he belongs to us - and we shared him with everybody else."

But the thing is, are those comments even racist?

I know they would be considered racist is the tables were turned. TBH I think everyone's perception of racism had been skewed over the past few years. Now, if you even mention the words black or white, you are considered racist.

I'm not offended by those comments, is anyone else?

Guest JJBrickface

If a white person said that about another white person then I would also see it as being racist.

The remarks were unnecessary and inappropriate.

But the thing is, are those comments even racist?

I know they would be considered racist is the tables were turned. TBH I think everyone's perception of racism had been skewed over the past few years. Now, if you even mention the words black or white, you are considered racist.

I'm not offended by those comments, is anyone else?

Agreed, I've heard worse things provoke less controversy. I'm not offended by it at all.

Comedians have been given somewhat of a "comedic license" to say that if it makes a majority of the people laugh, then its ok. Probably not ethical, but watch any comedian on Comedy Central and count the number of racially fueled jokes.. you'll run out of fingers and toes before the first commercial.

Guest JJBrickface
Agreed, I've heard worse things provoke less controversy. I'm not offended by it at all.

Comedians have been given somewhat of a "comedic license" to say that if it makes a majority of the people laugh, then its ok. Probably not ethical, but watch any comedian on Comedy Central and count the number of racially fueled jokes.. you'll run out of fingers and toes before the first commercial.

If you were able to see the video from when he said it then you would know that he wasn't performing a comedy act, otherwise I would agree with you. I tried to find the video but I haven't been able to find it online yet.

If you were able to see the video from when he said it then you would know that he wasn't performing a comedy act, otherwise I would agree with you. I tried to find the video but I haven't been able to find it online yet.

Oh ok then, maybe you're right. I guess I would have to actually see it to form an actual opinion of it. Given that its Jamie Foxx and knowing how proud he is, I can imagine what you're saying

Why does he get a pass?

I don't think it's racist, and neither will the public.

HOWEVER, if the public's going not going to consider this racist, I will not settle for anything less than this "going both ways". If this isn't racist, then a white person should have unfettered liberty to say the exact same thing and not have it considered to be racist.

I don't think it's racist, and neither will the public.

HOWEVER, if the public's going not going to consider this racist, I will not settle for anything less than this "going both ways". If this isn't racist, then a white person should have unfettered liberty to say the exact same thing and not have it considered to be racist.

Exactly! If the tables were turned, Al Sharpton would be calling for the persons head! Everyone is just hypersensitive these days.

If a white person said that about another white person then I would also see it as being racist.

The remarks were unnecessary and inappropriate.

Are you serious? Just because he mentioned the color of someone's skin he is a racist. Quit being so sensitive, that is what is wrong with society today.

It's a small comment that itself shouldn't amount to much, in the big scheme it bothers me because it's becoming an in thing to be racist towards whites, not to mention to hate this country, and it's effecting the way the country is going. So it's not so much the petty comments but what they represent in the big scheme.......

Guest BEAVERTAIL
That's because there is a double standard in todays world it feels like to me

There is. Not so much in these comments, although not so much in these comments (although they were very poor in taste and a bad choice) but in other things everyone has glossed over such as...

Don Imus calling someone "nappy headed hoes" and getting fired, while another calls Sarah Palin someone who looks like a "slutty flight attendant." Don Imus fired, Letterman still going strong, while never saying an apology to that comment, only the ones on Palin's daughters.

Or the Plaboy article on the Conservative women you would like to have angry sex with. No one said a word.

Or the fact that our current President said we have 57 states, confused Memorial and Veterans day, or talks about mentally challenged people, and everyone turns their ears. Not to mention Biden.

There is a double standard, I say created by the media. Both the racial and political parts. Thats sad.

And on a side note, if you want to talk about racism, you guys need to look into the Dehaven Fire Dept. and Sotomayor, and the Supreme Court. Not only did she screw up on that case but she has said some racy things... such as a latino woman making a better decision than a white man... look into it.

There is. Not so much in these comments, although not so much in these comments (although they were very poor in taste and a bad choice) but in other things everyone has glossed over such as...

Don Imus calling someone "nappy headed hoes" and getting fired, while another calls Sarah Palin someone who looks like a "slutty flight attendant." Don Imus fired, Letterman still going strong, while never saying an apology to that comment, only the ones on Palin's daughters.

Or the Plaboy article on the Conservative women you would like to have angry sex with. No one said a word.

Or the fact that our current President said we have 57 states, confused Memorial and Veterans day, or talks about mentally challenged people, and everyone turns their ears. Not to mention Biden.

There is a double standard, I say created by the media. Both the racial and political parts. Thats sad.

And on a side note, if you want to talk about racism, you guys need to look into the Dehaven Fire Dept. and Sotomayor, and the Supreme Court. Not only did she screw up on that case but she has said some racy things... such as a latino woman making a better decision than a white man... look into it.

Well stated.

I agree that there is a double standard, but I feel that these statements are far from racist. It seems someone has a beef with someone or has just had a similar situation that has gotten under thier skin.

Not here to argue but are we really saying that Satomayor made a racist comment? Jeez, she made a comment that was truthful. She said, "a wise old man and wise old woman will reach the same conclusion in deciding cases," Sotomayor said, "I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion than a white male who hasn't lived that life." This was in reference to her experiences through a tough childhood. I agree that maybe it was worded wrong and maybe she should have said another man or woman who may be in the same position, but she didn't. For Rush and Ann and the crew to cry racisim is the same as anyone else using the racisim card over something silly. Geez get over it guys.......

Guest JJBrickface

Honestly the way I see it, Foxx brought race into when it wasn't necessary. He made it into a black and white subject. They were at the awards to honor Michael Jackson, so why bring it up? Seriously?

Honestly the way I see it, Foxx brought race into when it wasn't necessary. He made it into a black and white subject. They were at the awards to honor Michael Jackson, so why bring it up? Seriously?

Again, I think he tried to use his "comedic license" to get some laughs out of people during a sad time for music. I would have never seen this as a negatively racist comment without reading these posts.

You are right they were at the awards to honor Michael Jackson... The BLACK Entertainment Television Awards Show!!! How did Foxx bring race into it when the awards show was already on a channel named after a race?!?! If anything, you should be upset about that.

he's speaking to an audience here. it's not necessarily right, at worst maybe even a little racist...but let him without guilt cast the first stone. i can't count the number of times i've heard a white person say something to other white people they would not have said in different company. i think jamie foxx was saying what he thought his audience (the one right in front of him, not the tv one) would find acceptable. i would love to have a world where no one cares even a little bit about the color of your skin or where you're from, but that's not the world we live in. might as well get a little thicker shell and live with it.

I don't see anything racist about this either and it was taken out of context. About white men fainting, he also said that he fainted at a Snoop Dogg concert because there was no ventilation. Does that make everybody that likes Snoop a pothead?

Edited by KCFan
misspelling

Guest JJBrickface
Again, I think he tried to use his "comedic license" to get some laughs out of people during a sad time for music. I would have never seen this as a negatively racist comment without reading these posts.

And again, he wasn't trying to be funny.

Guest JJBrickface
I don't see anything racist about this either and it was taken out of context. About white men fainting, he also said that he fainted at a Snoop Dogg concert because there was no ventilation. Does that make everybody that likes Snoop a pothead?

I don't think anyone has said that if you like Jamie Foxx then you are racist. The guy is a heck of a talent, a good actor and singer. He just made some comments that in my opinion were inappropriate.

Guest JJBrickface
You are right they were at the awards to honor Michael Jackson... The BLACK Entertainment Television Awards Show!!! How did Foxx bring race into it when the awards show was already on a channel named after a race?!?! If anything, you should be upset about that.

Part of the Michael Jackson legacy is that he broke down racial barriers. The comments that Foxx made was a total slap in the face to that legacy. I feel that Foxx had an agenda outside of honoring MJ.