Graham Football

Real_brains28

Won't know how many are on the team until August when practice OFFICIALLY starts...VA schools don't get to practice all summer like WV schools...

That being said, I expect numbers to be down from past seasons...could be a very long year (or short, if you go by number of games played) in Bluefield, VA...

Whats scary is the future for Graham. Only four upcoming juniors have been in the weight room consistantly this summer and only 1-2 upcoming soph. have been in the weight room. I guess there will be some kids show up at the last minute to play...but they won't be in shape or have much heart if that's the way they have to field a team. Graham does have a good core of seniors but after that it gets down to maybe 6 juniors/soph left to play.

Whats scary is the future for Graham. Only four upcoming juniors have been in the weight room consistantly this summer and only 1-2 upcoming soph. have been in the weight room. I guess there will be some kids show up at the last minute to play...but they won't be in shape or have much heart if that's the way they have to field a team. Graham does have a good core of seniors but after that it gets down to maybe 6 juniors/soph left to play.

If it isn't obvious to everyone by now what the problem is, maybe they should pay attention more closely. This is something I predicted a couple of years ago, and it is playing out right before my eyes.The sad part is that one man's ego is destroying something that was once great, and the longer this goes on the longer it will take the replacement to repair this. To fix it at this point will probably take 5 years, because you have to repair this from the ground (little league) up.

If it isn't obvious to everyone by now what the problem is, maybe they should pay attention more closely. This is something I predicted a couple of years ago, and it is playing out right before my eyes.The sad part is that one man's ego is destroying something that was once great, and the longer this goes on the longer it will take the replacement to repair this. To fix it at this point will probably take 5 years, because you have to repair this from the ground (little league) up.

isnt it funny how one so called crappy single A school has changed the faith of two in tazewell county...And theres only one person who can be blamed for making their choice easy and that would be Doug Marrs

I've supported Gate City for my entire life, and I have nothing but respect for the Graham football program. We have teams that we absolutely despise, but after some knockdown dragouts with Graham over the years you'll be hard pressed to find someone from GC that doesn't have the same respect. That being said, if this is indeed true, it's very difficult to understand how things got that bad. CPF and I have discussed the "problem" jokingly the past couple of years. Hopefully the decision makers will wake up before it's too late to turn things around.

its already too late,something shouldve been done 4 years ago before he had the chance to screw it up like we knew he would.CPF remember who we talked about?who we would love to see get the job?damn shame he didnt get it 4 years ago cause we could be looking at a very good season.

Will Graham win a game this year? According to what I am reading it will be tough. Is it all coaching or something else like running out of athletes? A friend of mine use to say you either have players or you don't. Players win games and sometimes that is tough for a community to swallow that their football team is out of athletes. Good luck this year Graham

Will Graham win a game this year? According to what I am reading it will be tough. Is it all coaching or something else like running out of athletes? A friend of mine use to say you either have players or you don't. Players win games and sometimes that is tough for a community to swallow that their football team is out of athletes. Good luck this year Graham

Lets see........no decrease in enrollment in the last 5 years. But the number of members of the football team will be cut in half if what they are saying is true. The 2005 team had 51 players, and they are saying anywhere from 20-25 this year. Make your own conclusions.

Lets see........no decrease in enrollment in the last 5 years. But the number of members of the football team will be cut in half if what they are saying is true. The 2005 team had 51 players, and they are saying anywhere from 20-25 this year. Make your own conclusions.

I would almost bet they will be between 30-40 players come out.

its already too late,something shouldve been done 4 years ago before he had the chance to screw it up like we knew he would.CPF remember who we talked about?who we would love to see get the job?damn shame he didnt get it 4 years ago cause we could be looking at a very good season.

This may be the first year in 35 years that I haven't went to the Graham Bluefield game... I don't know if I can support a program that allows this to happen....Looks like the athletic director wouldn't allow this to happen....oh wait a minute...nevermind. Have fun at the game, fellas, it may be the end of an era for me.