Ruckus in the cage 7 on 7

Butkus

Oh man, it was worth the price of free admission. It all started with franklin cty tackling us atleast 3 times and running their mouths. you could see that it was only a matter of time before it would break loose. I think richlands won that battle and the war by winning game. it was a good day of footbrawl

RE Lee Staunton, Franklin County, Powell Valley, Patrick Henry(glade spring), Bassett, Hurley, Honaker, Richlands

Richlands went 4 and 2 in opening games beating pv, bassett twice and franklin county. lost to re lee twice. after the teams were seeded. i think richlands was 2 seed.

Richlands beat honaker in qtrs 17 to 0. semis, richlands beat franklin county, that was where all the action was LOL and we beat powell valley in final. powell valley upset re lee in other semi.

QB's looked very good. Jack Vance and Cody Johnson got most of the reps, with reece strong getting some time as well. jack threw some good balls. Johnson seems to throw a nice long ball. wr's are gonna be very good from what i seen yesterday. Looks like wr corp will consist of johnson, overton, strong, etc. they all had good days. All showed very good hands. overall, the skill positions are gonna have speed all over

defensive backfield looked good as well. Looks like richlands is ready for some football!!!!

Edited by mv91

I heard a Franklin Cty player argued a call with a ref (former Richlands player) and the player was told to shut up or be quiet and things escalated from an already intense game. Sounds like tons of fun. I can't wait for football!

the johnson kid seems pretty mobile. Mostly drop back passing in the 7on7. But when he has rolled out left or right he seems to do well.

does he have the athletic abitlity of say austin fuller?

does he have the athletic abitlity of say austin fuller?

Because of the nature of 7 on 7s it remains to be seen what he can do running the ball.

Austin was at his best receiving. Would expect Cody to be more like a running back that can pass.

Know he did some kick return and tailback last year.

Edited by thundercloud

Cody Johnson is a true Dual Threat Quaterback. He has very nice touch on his balls. He is a very elusive QB. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go over a 1000 yds passing and rushing. The kid has that kind of ability. He is one of the hardest working kids you will ever meet. Austin Johnson is going to stretch the field this year. Good luck to the DB's trying to keep him in check. Kid has got some speed. All in all looks to be a good year for the Blues. They got the making of a team that can make a deep run this year.

But nobody knows how this kid does on Friday nights. He may not be a team player may take plays off. Who knows

That's one you don't have to worry about. The coaches know what they are doing. So what team do you pull for, don't seem to know much about Richlands.

But nobody knows how this kid does on Friday nights. He may not be a team player may take plays off. Who knows

For all we know.....he could eat ice cream for breakfast----have tofu with his hickory smoked grilled bar-b-q w/mosquitoes as toppings!!!! :cool:

The Richlands' coaches know where to insert the players that show up to play (w/tweaking here and there as the actual season progresses)......this young man is putting himself out there and apparently making an impression on the ppl that have seen him in 7on7's this year.

Patrick Henry looked really good. There program is on the rise. The QB was making good throws all day. They should be much improved this year with being in this system under Compton for the second year. Compton's son is still at PH. He looked good in the 7 on 7. PH fans have alot to look forward to this year.

Truthfully if they get by Gate City the first game of the year i could see this team going undefeated. There skill position players are as talented as any they have ever had. The defense is going to have speed all over the field. I'm going to say they will go 10-0.

Truthfully if they get by Gate City the first game of the year i could see this team going undefeated. There skill position players are as talented as any they have ever had. The defense is going to have speed all over the field. I'm going to say they will go 10-0.

you got high expectations for the season dont ya. I hope you are correct. Alot of new faces and young faces at that. If they do that this year should be one helluva football team next season. What do we have returning on the O and D Line? The one thing that scares me is so many new and young faces at the skill position. I keep hearing how good we are a the skill positions but you cant help but wonder.