Pray for TJ Rasnick

8ball

National Institute of Health in Bethesda [spelling??] Maryland. He is participating in a clinical trial and his blood counts are very low, he is having some difficulty breathing, both are side effects of the procedures -

He has been in NIH since July 13 -

The most recent information from his caring bridge site - posted by his mother this morning

TJ spiked a fever last night. Got a lot of action from nurses. Blood cultures are growing and antibiotics on IV. We don't know why. He had chills and was achy all over. His temp is still 101.3 this morning. This is scary because he has no white blood cells to fight off infection.

He still has fast labored breathing and a heart rate 3x his normal rate.

We are waiting for a chest CT this morning.

He has had two regular doses of Lasix and two "elephant" doses, and still has not been able to get rid of the fluid on his lungs. They have been monitoring his blood pressure as lasix can cause a drop in blood pressure. If his blood pressure drops he will have to go to ICU for meds and closer monitoring.

We are so tired! We pray that things settle down soon! Please pray and ask all you know who pray to pray too.

Thanks,

Jill

it has now been 2 years since her surgery and treatments (she was at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston). So far, so good. I'll certainly be keeping TJ and all others who have this dreaded disease in my prayers (I lost my dad to cancer too). Thoughts and prayers headed the way of the Rasnick family.

miss ya raz...get home soon so we can go to newwwmarrrrs

That is my fervent prayer that he'll get home soon.....and go to "nm".....what/where ever that is w/you! This young man has gone through some extremely difficult treatments since the middle of July.....very aggressive ....an epic battle that most of us couldn't imagine .......w/the grace of God and prayers of many TJ is fighting.

Edited by trublue

I hope this young man knows how many people are cheering him on now - wanting him to fight harder than he's ever done before. God hears and answers prayers, and I pray for God's miraculous healing touch for him.

Keep praying for TJ -- he is doing better, but he and his family continue to need your prayers. Here is his mother's post on caringbridge.org site this afternoon around 4pm. He continues to be a patient at NIH

Praise God!!!

TJ's ANC is 1110! Yeah!!! no more isolation. His platelets are 29, while this is no where near normal, he does not need units of platelets today. He didn't have a fever all night. He had a slight fever this morning, but not enough to worry.

At 12:30 he was given a pass to the children's Inn till his medication time at 5pm. Hopefully then he will get another pass till bedtime.

Thank you for your prayers.

We give God the Glory for all!!