Holston-Abingdon

southbound

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well,i was gonna go this morning but had a latenight..lol..how did they look?ph looked ok at best,they just aren't crisp and looked young..northwood may have a long,long yr.the Coeburn game next week might be a good one..coeburn looks like a good tune up game..

Holston ran the ball well. Both teams looked a little rusty. Both got pretty winded in the heat and humidity. Holston's first string won 2-1. Abingdon's second string (actually kept first string in for one series against Holston's second) won 2-0. No one got hurt and both saw plenty to improve upon. Will need improvement next week.

Abingdon left first string in against holston's second. Wasn't a starter on the field for the cavs. couldn't understand that either.

With it being a scrimmage I would think Abingdon thought they needed to work a little more with their first team. Sounds to me that Abingdon was a little more serious about their upcoming season. Besides most 1st strings are not set in stone until after the last scrimmages. I could see the griping had this been a real game but it was a SCRIMMAGE! Plain and simple Abingdon felt they needed to do a little more work. Nothing wrong with that at all.

sounds like we got another case of..falcon fever..it's ok...the blue jerseys will do that to ya..it's the new goth look..despressing,sad..by the way..how many is on the dance squad?any male cheerleaders this year?besides abingdon is the greatest school and town around..wish i could join in on the blue band wagon..(not)

sounds like we got another case of..falcon fever..it's ok...the blue jerseys will do that to ya..it's the new goth look..despressing,sad..by the way..how many is on the dance squad?any male cheerleaders this year?besides abingdon is the greatest school and town around..wish i could join in on the blue band wagon..(not)

I have nothing to do with Abingdon whatsoever. Gate City born and bred. Just letting my opinion known on why Abingdon would keep their 1st string in for so long. If they need the practice then let them practice. That is why we have scrimmages. Our boys will be scrimmaging Abingdon this Friday and I garantee we wont be putting our second team in. Too much work to do and we will be rotating players like crazy to see who we truely need as our starters. Why worry about 1st string against 2nd string in a scrimmage? That just doesnt make since to me.

What are we talking about a scrimmage! I was a little disappointed in the Falcons. Coach knows what he is doing though, he never shows his true hand until game time. I think the Falcons will do fine in the SWD-top 3 finish. Holston should win their district hands down. I saw G Wythe scrimmage and they looked terrible! Good luck to both teams

I know the falcons always get a bad wrap and I understand why, they never live up to the talk they recieve. I honestly think they have the players in hand this year to do pretty good in the SWD. The key will be do the players have the dedication to finish. Can they play smashmouth football, dont know we will see.

I know the falcons always get a bad wrap and I understand why, they never live up to the talk they recieve. I honestly think they have the players in hand this year to do pretty good in the SWD. The key will be do the players have the dedication to finish. Can they play smashmouth football, dont know we will see.

That is the key because in previous seasons when it came down to physical smashmouth football the Falcons would crumble.

never really understood this smash mouth football. does graham or tazewell play it? does carroll or marion? richlands is the only one can make a case for it-the rest of the teams can't. abingdon has played with or beat the rest of you guys. so have some wine & cheese with that!

wine and cheese..hell,last year you all threw a party just cause your from abingdon..how many kids and how many parents got in trouble for that one.besides,after talking to many coaches and other school employees,i have come to relize.....they wanna beat you if they beat no other team that year..not cause your that good..it's because you have no respect for anyone else....by the way,maybe the male cheerleaders can save the day....one last thing..i can never remember any abingdon team that could rely on the running game..lets not take up anymore room from this thread..holston should be top dog in single a d1 this year..

Edited by vols4life

Why are you calling abingdon the big dogs? When have they been a big dog in football, never

Actually back in the 80's they were a very good football team. I remember GC beating them 21-6 in '84 and it was considered an upset.