Dawgs

Bulldogs52

Good showing by the Dawgs today! Defense wise, they will be tough to run up the middle on. Offensive line, WOW, didn't expect them to show up and look that well, Lockhart had time to make his throws, Corey Beavers is going to be a beast this year! We need a speedy running back...

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good showing by the Dawgs today! Defense wise, they will be tough to run up the middle on. Offensive line, WOW, didn't expect them to show up and look that well, Lockhart had time to make his throws, Corey Beavers is going to be a beast this year! We need a speedy running back...

The offensive line looked pretty dang good the first game. After that though they got lazy and the running game was crap.

The offensive line looked pretty dang good the first game. After that though they got lazy and the running game was crap.

yeah i think it was just the time in the sun. it was really hot and they had to wait so long for the NC team to get ready. coach should have taken them inside

Yes it was a bench clearer.... PC quaterback brought on himself though, he should have quit running when that whistle blew!

Dawg52 raises an interesting question......when the whistle blows, is it the runner's responsibilty to quit running or the defenses' responsibility to not hit the runner ???

Dawg52 raises an interesting question......when the whistle blows, is it the runner's responsibilty to quit running or the defenses' responsibility to not hit the runner ???

Well from my view the QB try to lay some wood on Corner, and it just didn't happen... He will think twice next time.

Think about who the flag will be thrown on and you will have your answer.

Well from my view the QB try to lay some wood on Corner, and it just didn't happen... He will think twice next time.

So the little hot-head is already up to his old tricks...he's a dirty player, plain and simple...the zebras know this and he will be on a short leash come the regular season...

So the little hot-head is already up to his old tricks...he's a dirty player, plain and simple...the zebras know this and he will be on a short leash come the regular season...

Corner is not a dirty player -- intense for sure - dirty I don't think so. In my opinion a dirty player does acts that are one of two things --

1 - any act that would give him unfair advantage over his opponant or

2 - any act that would be meant intentionally to [take that player out of the game or season ending] hurt his opponant.

Corner doesn't play to intentionally hurt anyone -- does he hit hard, for sure -- but doesn't everyone else, we as fans applaud those hits. I know everyone that saw Shane Wicks lay that guy out a few years ago had some type of reaction and if you were from Richlands or a supporter you cheered -- I was great, unless of course you were the recipient of the hit.

Corner wants to play good players and make big plays against them -- when he does he generally does a little taunting. This behavior would be best put aside, and hopefully he will learn that it's best to be a show-off with the hit or tackle or even this year a catch or TD -- Actions do really speak louder than words --

I was at the scrimmage on Friday and when the bench clearing [both of them not just Tazewell's] ruckas began -- Corner and the Pulaski QB both were equally making comments and enchanging shoves. Both teams were penalized -- and the 'zebras' spoke to both teams -- if it were all about Corner -- he would have been ejected and no one else been penalized.

Your exactly right about the officials and for that matter the other teams having his number -- the other team realizes that if they can push just the right buttons that he will take himself out of the game -- and some official will probably be watching him most of the night --

Hopefully for him and the Dawgs he will redirect this emotion and carry it to the next play in lieu of taunting -- if he learns this it will only make him more intense.

People can say what they want about him, but he would start on any team in the SWD or Region IV -- heart and intensity along with his ability make him one of the best --

funny it doesn't matter what the score was because of all the backup time and everybody seeing the field a lot. Funny. I mean of course you can tell who the better team is but other than that doesn't mean much.

funny no one from dawg town knows the score!

Same thing it was last year, PC come to T-Town pushed the Dawgs around, and then when the Dawgs went to PC the following week, it was a different story.... Then look at the season they had.. Yes PC is in a different league then most team on this side of Virginia, really they should still be AAA...

funny it doesn't matter what the score was because of all the backup time and everybody seeing the field a lot. Funny. I mean of course you can tell who the better team is but other than that doesn't mean much.

Glad to see ya on here little buddy....

PC is in a different league then most team on this side of Virginia, really they should still be AAA...

Ummm, no. Pulaski Co. should be AA...Tazewell, as well as Graham and Grundy, should be A...

funny no one from dawg town knows the score!

Actually they didn't turn the scoreboard on -- and many times throughout the scrimmage the coaches stopped play -- was really a learning scrimmage -- and with both teams starters not playing a good portion of the scrimmage it is hard to tell what the score may or may not have been

I'm 100 percent convinced that you hate Bulldog football.

well i saw a run by pauley that went very deep into the red zone. i guess a 20 to 25 yd run. that would have been close to a first and goal. but it was the last play and the ball went back to the cougars. soon after that came the bonehead of the year play by a hothead with a VERY low digit jersey number on tazewell's team that stopped all the moe. that the dawgs had going for them. and after the friday night fights and punches by pulaski plays. {btw i dont blaim them i would have too if my QB had been treated that way} they put the JV in. Too bad a certain low digit number player made the other wise classy rest of the dawgs look bad