Grid-O-Rama

Bulldogs52

I thought Graham looked very good, quite honestly with their fans bashing them them on here pretty much all year, I had expected them to look pretty weak. The offensive line looked very good and the QB has a solid arm. I also thought the new option offense was a nice addition to their game. Overall I was very impressed with the work the players and coaches have done so far. Could be a very exciting night at Mitchell on the 28th.

We are talking about the Graham G-men right? Ok I saw a running back break through a gang tackle from graham's defense, and I saw 3 diffrent qb's take 2 steps back and lob the ball for touchdowns, graham moved the ball decently I will give them that, but don't say david marrs has a great arm, the only passes he threw that had any yardage were screen passes and the others were in the dirt. Grahams running game will be ok, but the passing game isn't there and the defense needs to step up a whole lot before the 28th. Graham did decent against George Wythe that looked equilevant to Grundy and the other teams they beat played 3 games in a row while graham rested, don't put your money on those g-boys just yet fellas

First of all those other teams your talking about didnt play 3 in a row. Every team got a break. Graham didnt rest for 3 games. Where you even there? David does have a great arm. He has never really been given the opportunity to show it. remember these are just scrimmages and I think come the 28th alot of people in BOTH bluefields are going to be surprised how the G-Men do.

Oh yes everyone will be suprised, suprised at how down hill graham football has gone. Mark my words, graham will not make playoffs this year, and yes the 28th will show everyone just how pathetic grahams defense is, I've got a grand that says bluefield beats graham and another grand that says they won't make playoffs either, oh wait I'm sorry I forgot they have the ever talented marrs duo! Hahahahah

First of all those other teams your talking about didnt play 3 in a row. Every team got a break. Graham didnt rest for 3 games. Where you even there? David does have a great arm. He has never really been given the opportunity to show it. remember these are just scrimmages and I think come the 28th alot of people in BOTH bluefields are going to be surprised how the G-Men do.

Richlands didn't get a break the first three game either. Not sure why it worked out with Graham and Richlands playing 3 in a row but it did.

Oh yes everyone will be suprised, suprised at how down hill graham football has gone. Mark my words, graham will not make playoffs this year, and yes the 28th will show everyone just how pathetic grahams defense is, I've got a grand that says bluefield beats graham and another grand that says they won't make playoffs either, oh wait I'm sorry I forgot they have the ever talented marrs duo! Hahahahah

You're an idiot.

Granted, the marrs boys are not very talented but they're fighters and leaders, same is being said for the rest of the team. I believe that someone is a little scared of the new look at the maroon and gold this year. I don't believe that this team cares very much about their talent level, so i'll take some of that bet.

patrick co. had a good rest before playing graham in their matchup,but ur right idont know how it ended up like that either.i never really paid any attention to it til now.i myself thought that there was some pretty good football played yesterday,even tho its just a scrimmage it does give you the fever.

We are talking about the Graham G-men right? Ok I saw a running back break through a gang tackle from graham's defense, and I saw 3 diffrent qb's take 2 steps back and lob the ball for touchdowns, graham moved the ball decently I will give them that, but don't say david marrs has a great arm, the only passes he threw that had any yardage were screen passes and the others were in the dirt. Grahams running game will be ok, but the passing game isn't there and the defense needs to step up a whole lot before the 28th. Graham did decent against George Wythe that looked equilevant to Grundy and the other teams they beat played 3 games in a row while graham rested, don't put your money on those g-boys just yet fellas

Someones a little scared of the way the G-Men were playing.

Someones a little scared of the way the G-Men were playing.

I wouldn't read anything into it. The G-Men always look great in August under Marrs. It's September thru November that is the problem. I wouldn't touch Eurkel's bet with a ten foot pole. He's gonna win that one. I'd be willing to bet that Beaver thrashes the G-Men by at least 20 points.

Im gonna say the Graham-Beaver game is a toss up,depends on who wants it more and which team is prepared better.emotions do play a big part in this game.i watched both teams scrimmage and i think this game is going to be more competitive than everyone thinks.

How did the teams look? I got a call from a friend that I work with that is from Richlands, and he said they didn't look that impressive, but stormed through George Wythe, also he stated that Graham was laying the smack down on everyone... Like to hear other peoples views of today's action at Mitchell Stadium...

I would rank the teams in this order...

1. Richlands

2. William Fleming

3. Graham

4. Patrick County

5. Hidden Valley

6. George Wythe

Richlands threw the ball a lot, and the #8 kid must've scored 10 touchdowns...at least it seemed that way...

Graham is big and physical but lacks speed and are very questionable in the defensive backfield. Their line was very impressive and opened up some huge holes for the running game, which got some big chunks of yardage...however, not much speed in the backfield, but they may still be able to get big chunks on the ground with the line playing like that...(.)...

The short passing game was working pretty good for Graham as well. I would've liked to have seen the 1st stringers working a little more...it seemed that Marrs put in his 2nd string offense and defense very early in the scrimmage...1st team only played a couple of series on both sides of ball in each scrimmage.

The db's got burned several times by WF...receivers got behind them very easily...also, when rb's got past the line...the db's for Graham were struggling

Graham will have to play a ball-control style of game, but I think they have potential to be pretty decent, just have to work on a few areas.

Edited by futbolking

Someone told me that Richlands laid it on William Flemming. True or not.

Very True....

Richlands pretty much llaid the smack down on everybody there...I don't know where some of these folks are getting that Richlands didn't look that good...the #8 kid is something special...he was scoring every other time he touched the ball. (This is coming from a Graham fan...I'm not going to paint it with rose colored glasses)....

Graham looked pretty good....Richlands looked VERY impressive to me.

Im gonna say the Graham-Beaver game is a toss up,depends on who wants it more and which team is prepared better.emotions do play a big part in this game.i watched both teams scrimmage and i think this game is going to be more competitive than everyone thinks.

Emotions can play a big part in this game....Bluefield's speed always scares me, if Graham plays their cards right, after watching them, I think they have a chance...They'll need to control the line of scrimmage when they've got the ball and eat up the clock (which I think they can do), and they'll have to try to find some way to control Patterson and Lilly.

The linebackers were playing very close to the line on friday and that worries me against a speedy team like Bluefield.

Guest lookoutmountain

Futbolking, Richlands did not lay the smackdown in game one and they certainly didn't look spectacular in game one. They looked very good after that, but to say they laid the smackdown in game one is non-sense. The surpise team was Graham. That's not an 0-10 football team that many people seemed to be talking about. That team isn't going to win the Region or anything, but they looked more like a 6-4 team to me instead of an 0-10 team.

Futbolking, Richlands did not lay the smackdown in game one and they certainly didn't look spectacular in game one. They looked very good after that, but to say they laid the smackdown in game one is non-sense. The surpise team was Graham. That's not an 0-10 football team that many people seemed to be talking about. That team isn't going to win the Region or anything, but they looked more like a 6-4 team to me instead of an 0-10 team.

I agree with your assessment, considering that Graham dropped Christiansburg and Blacksburg from their schedule and picked up Princeton and Virginia High, I think it's very possible for them to go 6-4 or 7-3....I was just very impressed with Richlands....they have some superb athletes...and they did whip a very good William Fleming team who was loaded with athletes. #8 for Richlands is a special player. You wouldn't know by looking at him, but that guy is one heck of a ball player.

I'm a Graham fan, but I'll give credit where it is due....Richlands is the team to beat in the SWD this year...

I would almost bet that graham will give richlands a tougher game than anyone in the district. Just basing my opinion on recent years. Even when richlands was killing everyone graham still played within a couple of touchdowns. For some reason richlands does not play their best ball against the gmen and also cc