Hogoheegee

kellyrae2

hey i hope im wrong!!! but doesnt G_Dub lose alot almost every year??? and they still post a strong team!! they played a very tough non schdule last year. i tink at the point that G. Wythe was 0-4 the comp. they played was a combined 16-0 or 15-1. but this is a new year and heck for all we know st. paul(lol) might beat holston first game and they go all to hell!! I will say the district is Georges Wythes til they lose it. I am very happy for Holston know a few of the kids but lets be realistic.....plus you are talking about playing clintwood... they lost alot too!!! I do believe Holston will make the D1 playoffs but heck all they have to do is win 3 and they are in!! but good luck!! Glad they Moved PH to the last game...Maybe they can throw snowballs instead of trash

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having a new coach usually makes for a tough 1st year. I can't imagine GW having a bad year while Lester and Atwell are seniors. It happens though. You have to have a good supporting staff.

see.even birds peck at each other..i see macaroon came to life..glad to see wythe county still remembers last yr..but it's 09 not 08..rebel,you might have a few good players but as a team..u got along way to go..the coach won't be there in 2 yrs.

your coach at holston won't be there either

Having a new coach usually makes for a tough 1st year. I can't imagine GW having a bad year while Lester and Atwell are seniors. It happens though. You have to have a good supporting staff.

IMO GW had a very solid showing tonight against Graham in a benefit game winning 47-41, while playing many freshman and JV players throughout the second half. Atwell was a man among boys on the kick returns. Lester did well as usual, but another Lester is emerging. Freshman brother Hardy had a couple of solid catches from his tight end spot. Four years for Hardy will put him in a good place with his size. For no more big names than what GW has this year, I was impressed. We'll see what the season brings. Graham chose not to show much, including their defense on special teams.

Yeah, we have a good senior class this year and it is the conventional wisdom that he'll leave with a winning record. I hear Jason nearly has his master's degree fininshed and, at least here in Washington County, that means that a coach is about to go into administration. However, don't county Holston out so soon. We now have a thriving little league program. We will return DeArmond, C. Blevins, Dahlia, Harris, D. Widener and a few other significant contributors next year. The eighth grade team should be loaded this year. Therefore, I look for maybe one 5-5 season, then back to winning records. With D-1 taking 6 teams to playoffs, 5-5 will get you in most likely.

Not a fan of either, but was at the Chilhowie - Holston game last year, what an atmosphere. Sat in the parking lot an hour after it was over. Would love to see all hogo teams do well. I heard, but dont have a score that J. Battle beat an improved Rye Cove team Friday.

i thnk ph has good shot they have a good running back from what i hear he is a strong runner...they have returned all the skill positions back and the quaterback, whitesides, has improved greatly from last season so dont count out Patrick Henry

I would like to see PH do good this year. Their running back is a strong runner, and kinda fast when he gets in the open. They do look whole lot better than last year. Last year they were like a only a 2 quarters football team, this year, i think their a 4 quarters football team. All we can do is wait and see. Nobody knows what will happen with any team. Thats why you go watch. If you knew which team was gonna win, why would u go watch? lol

Tyler Dotson, #22. its his first yr playing, hes a sr. but he is good at running it, I think b/c he loves to lift weights and workout is why hes a strong runner lol. Nick Groves, #5. is still out at WR but when he catches it, instead of dancing avoiding tackles, hes taking the tackle head on and he digging for positive yards, which, all the WR's have improved. They just need to improve on the line and buy Whitesides some time back there.

yea, they looked good, the DB's are actually making plays. Nick Groves game across the field and lit a kid up from Marion, the kid was shook up. on the running, pretty good, like I said. Duel Caudill was out, hes a good linebacker. but they did ok with out him. just cant wait to see how they do this season.