Big red machine

vols4life

holston looked alil antsy..then got into the groove....they are faster than last year..bigger..40 kids came out this year...i left at half time..33-7 over a solid blue knight team

the big red machine is lebanon. you will have to think of something else.

yes,they were..good passing..just alil out of shape from what i saw..so,graham scored 40 sum points on you guys?hmm..i thought they were pretty bad

my thoughts exactly-someone told me they might not win a district game

yes,they were..good passing..just alil out of shape from what i saw..so,graham scored 40 sum points on you guys?hmm..i thought they were pretty bad

Ok. Whatever! As I have said 21 were against our JV TEAM with their starters! Our starting defense was really solid. Blown coverage on the 1st possession set up the score. And the other two were turnovers on our side!

Ok. I think we went through this last year...

went thru what?dear god,is gw wearing a blue jersey..starting to sound like a bird talking..i have been told by many diff ppl gw was down this year..it's ok wytheville will still be around after football season...fact is..holston just has been trying to change there losing ways..yes,they are a small school..but damascus is growing and so is the football program..so,yes it's exciting to see these guys do well..i remember when gw was told they wouldn't beat gc and they did..i just think sum of gw following get alil carried away...like i said..come on down to damascus and we will see how this game goes..

I'm not doubting Holston will be playing after GW. I just don't think Holston can win big games! And I ABSOLUTELY HATE when people bring up school size! Honestly it has little to no outcome on a game!

lol,ok..REALLY..well,in the past when holston had let's see 20-25 players and 1 or 2 got hurt...IT mattered...unlike you guys who usual have 30-40 maybe more..u could just pull another decent player out of your magical bag of tricks..so,yes when your as big as wytheville it's easy to sit back and say what you will....we aren't ever gonna see eye to eye on much of anything cause i have found it is in the water up there.

hey vols for one thing this will be holston's last good season for a while. another thing is before they can become champs they do actually have to win some big games. it will not be easy to defeat the current champ gw or for that matter you guys will have your hands full with chilhowie. and like i said before don't sleep on rural retreat. you need to change your helmet to the big cav instead of marion-never really understood how you have 2 favorite teams. i guess you better ride the cav train this year and next jump back on the hurricane train.

I can understand liking a few different teams in NFL or college, but high school thats just weird to me. You go to high school and you live in that town, support your community and your town football no matter were it is.

lol,ok..REALLY..well,in the past when holston had let's see 20-25 players and 1 or 2 got hurt...IT mattered...unlike you guys who usual have 30-40 maybe more..u could just pull another decent player out of your magical bag of tricks..so,yes when your as big as wytheville it's easy to sit back and say what you will....we aren't ever gonna see eye to eye on much of anything cause i have found it is in the water up there.

Honestly! It really doesn't make a difference. Perfect example: John Battle. They are D2, and they are horrible! Also, ask William Campbell is size matters? It's not about the size of the school, its about the talent of the players! You could be a D6 school, but have no athletes. Size doesn't matter as much as you guys always make it sound.

Honestly! It really doesn't make a difference. Perfect example: John Battle. They are D2, and they are horrible! Also, ask William Campbell is size matters? It's not about the size of the school, its about the talent of the players! You could be a D6 school, but have no athletes. Size doesn't matter as much as you guys always make it sound.

it never bothered the old graham teams either. what about appy? all those years under turner-i bet he never brought up numbers! you can throw it out so it will be an excuse when you lose.

ya know,i think it's weird you guys hate on one school so much..i was raised near damascus till i was older then finished in marion..anything else about my life you all need to know..i also like the giles program..first time i saw them they beat the heck out of ph in 95 or 96..just thought they were a classy bunch....i just think some programs aren't and the kids are disrespectful..deuce is honestly the only one that i think i could have a good conversation with and disagree about things..the rest of you i would smile and walk away.

ya know,i think it's weird you guys hate on one school so much..i was raised near damascus till i was older then finished in marion..anything else about my life you all need to know..i also like the giles program..first time i saw them they beat the heck out of ph in 95 or 96..just thought they were a classy bunch....i just think some programs aren't and the kids are disrespectful..deuce is honestly the only one that i think i could have a good conversation with and disagree about things..the rest of you i would smile and walk away.

Your posts never fail to amuse me.

1) Where have I been hatin' on schools? Saying they don't win big games is not, its truth!

2) Take the red and black glasses off for a minute and look at our posts and yours as well.

3) Pride! It's great that you have pride for your team, but this is a little much don't ya think?

Good luck to Holston this season, wish you all the best!

Not wanting to get into a flame war, but living a town or two over from Coeburn, I can tell you they're FAR from solid. They're terrible and have been for most of their history. When they were in the LPD they were the only team to never play in a state championship game worse yet they never even make it out of region. It seems like they get worse every year. The couple kids that they had last year (like Bright) graduated, so I can't fathom how bad they are now.

went to the semis last year..won 2 big games to get there..besides..you lost by a point to the same team 2 times..i'm done with your numbered points..see ya 10/23/09..we don't need luck..you all need it more.

Meh. I mean, I think Chilhowie/George Wythe have garnered some respect for Holston the last few years having represented the district in the post-season. We pulled for ya although we might not all admit it. BUT, don't think we're hating on your school this year just because we think most of the Cav fans are out of their minds! Your fans are full of pride which is good but you're not exactly acting like a bunch of fans who are used to winning. With back to back winning seasons, you should be getting that way.

Together, C/GW are like 50-2 against Holston in the last 25 years and I'm not saying that as a cheap shot and of course the past means nothing for this season, but it does mean something in the way of you can't assume you're going to rule the district when you haven't even beaten one of us in recent times, much less both of us in the same year.

Regardless of your talent level this year, it's not exactly yours to lose yet. I do think Holston will do some great things this year though, I'm just sayin.

Edited by deuceswild

i have nothing against a honest opinion..but things get out of hand when a certain few keep poking..just sayin..we are living in the now..not yrs past..just a few on here who are always spouting off...chilhowie seems to always be tough but they don't shoot their mouth of ....