Big red machine

vols4life

I can assure you that most cavalier fans are not "out of their minds" as accused. Most are just very proud of what these young men have accomplished the past two years after numerous years of losing seasons. In both of those years, the Cavs lost to GW and Chilhowie. Did that end our season? Nope. We were one game away from the State Finals last year. The entire community has jumped on board. Yes, the Hogo championship goes through Wytheville by way of Chilhowie, but because school size DOES matter, we got a Region C Championship last year anyway.

Now, has Vols4life guaranteed a win by the Cavs over either this year? Not that I've seen. No one that I know has. In fact, on the hogo website I predicted that the maroons are Hogo champs until someone proves otherwise.

Please don't take this as me or any other Cavalier fan being embarassed over Vols4life's enthusiasm. I'm certainly not and he is welcome to express himself however he chooses. (He does need to handle the smack back, however!) My main point is that most cavalier fans are not "out of their minds" as accused.

On the other hand, from the dawn of time, the "old money" has always hated and downgraded the "nouveax riche" and that certainly seems at play here too.

I can assure you that most cavalier fans are not "out of their minds" as accused. Most are just very proud of what these young men have accomplished the past two years after numerous years of losing seasons. In both of those years, the Cavs lost to GW and Chilhowie. Did that end our season? Nope. We were one game away from the State Finals last year. The entire community has jumped on board. Yes, the Hogo championship goes through Wytheville by way of Chilhowie, but because school size DOES matter, we got a Region C Championship last year anyway.

Now, has Vols4life guaranteed a win by the Cavs over either this year? Not that I've seen. No one that I know has. In fact, on the hogo website I predicted that the maroons are Hogo champs until someone proves otherwise.

Please don't take this as me or any other Cavalier fan being embarassed over Vols4life's enthusiasm. I'm certainly not and he is welcome to express himself however he chooses. (He does need to handle the smack back, however!) My main point is that most cavalier fans are not "out of their minds" as accused.

On the other hand, from the dawn of time, the "old money" has always hated and downgraded the "nouveax riche" and that certainly seems at play here too.

I'm glad someone down there has some sense. Honestly, I have always respected the Holston program and their fans. But some, to be nameless, just make the Holston crowd seem like a cocky bunch. I have always read whatever 84Cav has to say, and it is quality stuff.

Ok, over statement on my part. You're not out of your minds, but several (not including yourself) need a reality check. They're setting themselves up for disappointment. Trust me. I've been a Chilhowie fan for years and we choke at the pinnacle of any hype. It is much better to take it all one game at a time.

Size matters less than you think. The kids have to want to play anywhere you go and I think Holston is in the middle of a wave of young men who are passionate about representing their school. If size mattered, then Abingdon, the biggest school in SWVA would actually be respected.

Ok, over statement on my part. You're not out of your minds, but several (not including yourself) need a reality check. They're setting themselves up for disappointment. Trust me. I've been a Chilhowie fan for years and we choke at the pinnacle of any hype. It is much better to take it all one game at a time.

Size matters less than you think. The kids have to want to play anywhere you go and I think Holston is in the middle of a wave of young men who are passionate about representing their school. If size mattered, then Abingdon, the biggest school in SWVA would actually be respected.

who does not respect abingdon? i think over the last few years they have gotten everyone's respect including the mighty richlands.

I also am an Abingdon fan - have a daughter there. And, I agree, over the past few years, people should have respected them. However, I am very, very afraid of what I've seen this year. I hope and pray that what I've seen in the scrimmages is a reflection of the coaches holding back.

Holston, of which I'm obviously also a fan, dominated the line of scrimmage. Abingdon only got one first down against the first team. They took 7 plays inside the 5 to score. They left their first team O in against Holston's second team D and scored. There was no speed shown. Other than Hess and Coleman, there didn't appear to be many athletes. There are good numbers and plenty of size. Just doesn't appear to be alot of athleticism. It could be a very long year and if so, that sucks.

who does not respect abingdon? i think over the last few years they have gotten everyone's respect including the mighty richlands.

We played them in benefit games for a few years and they were not on our level of play that early in the year. Benefit games don't count, sure, I realize that. There are no real motivations there for either team; but when you lose them 50 something to 10 something... you get no respect. There was one good one, 14-12. The rest were ugly.

They've had some decent years but they aren't striking fear in their opponents.

I also am an Abingdon fan - have a daughter there. And, I agree, over the past few years, people should have respected them. However, I am very, very afraid of what I've seen this year. I hope and pray that what I've seen in the scrimmages is a reflection of the coaches holding back.

Holston, of which I'm obviously also a fan, dominated the line of scrimmage. Abingdon only got one first down against the first team. They took 7 plays inside the 5 to score. They left their first team O in against Holston's second team D and scored. There was no speed shown. Other than Hess and Coleman, there didn't appear to be many athletes. There are good numbers and plenty of size. Just doesn't appear to be alot of athleticism. It could be a very long year and if so, that sucks.

you are wasting your breathe on this board, most people would love to see the falcons @ 0-10 this year. if these 2 teams abingdon-holston played in regular season the falcons would win by at least 2 td's. look i don't want to hurt your feelings but hess would be the best player on the field. i think abingdon would wear them down and they should be holston every year so don't feel bad.

I can't believe that you were and could say that if you know anything whatsoever about football. Holston had many more athletes on the field. Yeah, Abingdon had more size and numbers. They also were slow and didn't want to hit. Hess is a fine athlete but he's no Jordan Blevins. GEEEEEEEZ. I'm an Abingdon fan and you attack me. ITS NO WONDER YOU are repeatedly slammed on this board.

you are wasting your breathe on this board, most people would love to see the falcons @ 0-10 this year. if these 2 teams abingdon-holston played in regular season the falcons would win by at least 2 td's. look i don't want to hurt your feelings but hess would be the best player on the field. i think abingdon would wear them down and they should be holston every year so don't feel bad.

No. Holston would spank Abingdon.

do,what you will...hogo got his own site ..never see him here anymore..one bad seed cause alot of problems..i will just read from now on..nice meeting sum of you..deuce,vhslhelper,canes00,hurricane warning and all the others i have met here..catch me later......

Edited by vols4life