Hurley's scrimmage

Warriors_XO

LMAO

Haysi won that year because the whole Region was way down and Haysi was their usuall self. They were lucky to beat PV that year and that was one of the worst PV teams I ever saw. Honaker caught Gate City looking ahead one year and almost beat them which was the funniest game I ever saw. I can still hear the Honaker people chanting Fire up the bus! LMAO! In 2002 Honaker thought they played Gate City close when a lot of GCs players were injured trying to rest up for the State Semis. The score was a lot close than the game actually was. That is if you call 21 to 6 close. The only thing the BDD ever had was the 2000 Honaker team but had Gate City been Single A that year Honaker would have only been Region Runnerups. Region D has not been up to par since 03 and dont know when it ever will be again. If you think the BDD is not weak as a whole in football then How many Region D titles has the BDD won since being formed? How many State titles since the BDD was formed? And I am talking about teams that were BDD members at the time of winning any such titles and not members of another district.

Talk about a weak district,the whole cmd is a weak AA district playing single a schools. The schools in the CMD have some of the larger enrollments in SWVA (570-797) and they still cried "boo-hoo" when they couldn't compete against schools of similiar enrollments. The BDD's enrollment numbers are small (201-400),hell even the cumberland district have 5 schools over 200 kids we have only 4. The schools in the BDD have played up, always being outnumbered due to enrollment, unlike the CMD. The sad thing about you all since you guys started the CMD, you don't have any more state titles or region titles than the BDD but if I'm wrong you may correct me on this. The BDD just maybe, just maybe should move to AA instead A because there is less teams there than the AA schools in Region d Div. 2 wearing an single A dress.

Talk about a weak district,the whole cmd is a weak AA district playing single a schools. The schools in the CMD have some of the larger enrollments in SWVA (570-797) and they still cried "boo-hoo" when they couldn't compete against schools of similiar enrollments. The BDD's enrollment numbers are small (201-400),hell even the cumberland district have 5 schools over 200 kids we have only 4. The schools in the BDD have played up, always being outnumbered due to enrollment, unlike the CMD. The sad thing about you all since you guys started the CMD, you don't have any more state titles or region titles than the BDD but if I'm wrong you may correct me on this. The BDD just maybe, just maybe should move to AA instead A because there is less teams there than the AA schools in Region d Div. 2 wearing an single A dress.

Now I am crying from laughing so hard! Have you done any research? The only team to beg to drop was Lee High due to hardships. The other teams in the CMD had been playing up in AA and had to petition to do so. All they did was stop petitioning to be dropped and did so due to travel not competition. At the time GC dropped they had a little over 500 students and when they went to the State Semis and faced some teams with around 1,000 students. That is about 500 students difference. Honaker with 401 students today and GC with 681 today that is a difference of 280 students. Huge difference there. With only that small difference Honaker should be competitive every year in Division 2. Haysi on the other hand will be playing Division 1 again this year and they should be. But with that said how competitive have they been in D1 since dropping? Haysi is the only team in the BDD that can lay claim to playing up. If you want to look at numbers then look at this link. http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-divisions-2009-10.pdf

Lee High is no longer the biggest Single A school in the state. There are 2 teams in Region B that are bigger. So your point of the CMD being a weak AA district playing in Single A is not valid. Another thing you should research is who has one Region D since the CMD started. It has been in existance for going on 3 years now counting this season. The CMD has won the Region D title every year. Gate City won it first then Lebanon last year. Not only that but they(CMD) have won the Region D title in almost every sport every year since forming. They have a good shot at doing it again this year. One thing I can say of Honaker and Haysi is they are scheduling tougher opponents than they have in the past. That will help them. But Honaker needs to drop Coeburn and pick up Powell Valley. PV has tried to schedule Honaker and had been refused. If you dont care please research a little.

Now I am crying from laughing so hard! Have you done any research? The only team to beg to drop was Lee High due to hardships. The other teams in the CMD had been playing up in AA and had to petition to do so. All they did was stop petitioning to be dropped and did so due to travel not competition. At the time GC dropped they had a little over 500 students and when they went to the State Semis and faced some teams with around 1,000 students. That is about 500 students difference. Honaker with 401 students today and GC with 681 today that is a difference of 280 students. Huge difference there. With only that small difference Honaker should be competitive every year in Division 2. Haysi on the other hand will be playing Division 1 again this year and they should be. But with that said how competitive have they been in D1 since dropping? Haysi is the only team in the BDD that can lay claim to playing up. If you want to look at numbers then look at this link. http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-divisions-2009-10.pdf

Lee High is no longer the biggest Single A school in the state. There are 2 teams in Region B that are bigger. So your point of the CMD being a weak AA district playing in Single A is not valid. Another thing you should research is who has one Region D since the CMD started. It has been in existance for going on 3 years now counting this season. The CMD has won the Region D title every year. Gate City won it first then Lebanon last year. Not only that but they(CMD) have won the Region D title in almost every sport every year since forming. They have a good shot at doing it again this year. One thing I can say of Honaker and Haysi is they are scheduling tougher opponents than they have in the past. That will help them. But Honaker needs to drop Coeburn and pick up Powell Valley. PV has tried to schedule Honaker and had been refused. If you dont care please research a little.

Thanks for the link. I think that just shows what I was saying, the CMD have enrollment numbers that are as good or better than the enrollment numbers in Div.3 RegionIV. The like how you compared Gate City (681) to Honaker (401). That doesn't sound like much 280 kids but try this instead Gate City (681), Twin Valley (240), Hurley (201), Ervington (172), and St. Paul (148) . You are so good at math but I help you any way (441,480,509,533),that is the erollment difference in order from TV to ST. paul. I did the numbers on Region IV Div. 3 starting with the Largest school in each region the numbers are(483,696,460,318). I guess that don't sound like much but you guys should be competive with those schools. I guess if you guys want to play TV, Hurley, Ervington,and St. Paul and don't mind the difference in "testicular" size for playing up when you guys won't mind the "shrinkage" for playing down. I know you are just looking out for these schools respective programs by wanting us to play a harder schedule. I guess the numbers don't lie they should be competive with you guys. I really think it is funny how Gate City just "barely" had over 500 kids when you went single A but now have over 680 kids. I guess it is hard being competive with all the little schools in Div. 1.

Thanks for the link. I think that just shows what I was saying, the CMD have enrollment numbers that are as good or better than the enrollment numbers in Div.3 RegionIV. The like how you compared Gate City (681) to Honaker (401). That doesn't sound like much 280 kids but try this instead Gate City (681), Twin Valley (240), Hurley (201), Ervington (172), and St. Paul (148) . You are so good at math but I help you any way (441,480,509,533),that is the erollment difference in order from TV to ST. paul. I did the numbers on Region IV Div. 3 starting with the Largest school in each region the numbers are(483,696,460,318). I guess that don't sound like much but you guys should be competive with those schools. I guess if you guys want to play TV, Hurley, Ervington,and St. Paul and don't mind the difference in "testicular" size for playing up when you guys won't mind the "shrinkage" for playing down. I know you are just looking out for these schools respective programs by wanting us to play a harder schedule. I guess the numbers don't lie they should be competive with you guys. I really think it is funny how Gate City just "barely" had over 500 kids when you went single A but now have over 680 kids. I guess it is hard being competive with all the little schools in Div. 1.

When was Gate City ever in Division 1? Why are you comparing D1 to D2 in Region D? Most schools in Region 4 are playing up. Since you want to compare schools then Compare Region 4 to the other Regions in D3. As far as nubers go I feel Division 2 is pretty well the most fair Division in all of VA. If Honaker were to make the playoffs and face the largest school in in D2 the difference would be 769 to 401. 368 difference. They should be competitive but are in a borderline situation between 1 and 2. Now take the smallest school in D1 against the largest the difference would be St.Paul 148 against Buffalo Gap 608. Difference of 460. Division 1 has a gripe to make but D2 doesnt. Now go to D3 and take Grundy 438 against Milbrook 1242 a difference of 782! Things are messed up with the VHSL setup but Division 2 is the most even of any in the VHSL.

What I cant figure out is why you are crying about the CMD being in D2? They have average numbers throughout D2 state wide. Now why do you compare Twin Valley to Gate City? They will never meet in the playoffs. TV is a DIVISION ONE school. Gate City is a DIVISION 2 SCHOOL! What part of that do you not understand? If GC were in D3 today with the 681 numbers they would still be considered playing up like most Region 4 teams are doing now. Those teams in Region 4 may drop to D2 in the next 10 years. Grundy will do so in the next two years and will be a BDD team. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE REPLYING. GATE CITY IS NOT A D1 SCHOOL!

I really think it is funny how Gate City just "barely" had over 500 kids when you went single A but now have over 680 kids. I guess it is hard being competive with all the little schools in Div. 1.[/

The only D1 school on Gate Citys schedule this year is Appalachia purely for the rivalry. Their out of district opponents are Richlands 781, Tazewell 724, Powell Valley 547, Appalachia 218, Sullivan South 1094, and Bluefield 646. I dont see all those Division 1 schools you speak of on that schedule. Do you? I dont see any CMD team playing a D1 team in the playoffs considering they are all in D2 where they belong and in my opinion half of Region 4 D3 belongs also.Man wouldnt Gate City vs. Richlands be a great Region D division 2 championship game some years?

When was Gate City ever in Division 1? Why are you comparing D1 to D2 in Region D? Most schools in Region 4 are playing up. Since you want to compare schools then Compare Region 4 to the other Regions in D3. As far as nubers go I feel Division 2 is pretty well the most fair Division in all of VA. If Honaker were to make the playoffs and face the largest school in in D2 the difference would be 769 to 401. 368 difference. They should be competitive but are in a borderline situation between 1 and 2. Now take the smallest school in D1 against the largest the difference would be St.Paul 148 against Buffalo Gap 608. Difference of 460. Division 1 has a gripe to make but D2 doesnt. Now go to D3 and take Grundy 438 against Milbrook 1242 a difference of 782! Things are messed up with the VHSL setup but Division 2 is the most even of any in the VHSL.

What I cant figure out is why you are crying about the CMD being in D2? They have average numbers throughout D2 state wide. Now why do you compare Twin Valley to Gate City? They will never meet in the playoffs. TV is a DIVISION ONE school. Gate City is a DIVISION 2 SCHOOL! What part of that do you not understand? If GC were in D3 today with the 681 numbers they would still be considered playing up like most Region 4 teams are doing now. Those teams in Region 4 may drop to D2 in the next 10 years. Grundy will do so in the next two years and will be a BDD team. PLEASE RESEARCH BEFORE REPLYING. GATE CITY IS NOT A D1 SCHOOL!

The only D1 school on Gate Citys schedule this year is Appalachia purely for the rivalry. Their out of district opponents are Richlands 781, Tazewell 724, Powell Valley 547, Appalachia 218, Sullivan South 1094, and Bluefield 646. I dont see all those Division 1 schools you speak of on that schedule. Do you? I dont see any CMD team playing a D1 team in the playoffs considering they are all in D2 where they belong and in my opinion half of Region 4 D3 belongs also.Man wouldnt Gate City vs. Richlands be a great Region D division 2 championship game some years?

My point is you guys get on here and cry about most or all of the d1 teams saying they play a soft schedule but whom are they to play. They can either play schools in their division or school that are out of state that are similiar in enrollment. The CMD and LPD start this "crap" every year but it hard to be competive with school that have 450-530 kid difference. I didn't say you guys play a d1 schedule but who are Hurley,Twin Valley, St. Paul and any other small school to play but you guys in D2. That is like a "one-legged man in an ass kicking contest" it wouldn't be pretty. I also din't say Gate City was a D1 school nor did I say you all would meet one of the D1 schools in the playoffs. I was talking REGULAR SEASON games. What would be nice is a 5A system maybe before we all get old and gray . I hope you can find a discussion on LPD forum or VA preps and quit worrying about the BDD because we are going to have to agree to disagree.

My point is you guys get on here and cry about most or all of the d1 teams saying they play a soft schedule but whom are they to play. They can either play schools in their division or school that are out of state that are similiar in enrollment. The CMD and LPD start this "crap" every year but it hard to be competive with school that have 450-530 kid difference. I didn't say you guys play a d1 schedule but who are Hurley,Twin Valley, St. Paul and any other small school to play but you guys in D2. That is like a "one-legged man in an ass kicking contest" it wouldn't be pretty. I also din't say Gate City was a D1 school nor did I say you all would meet one of the D1 schools in the playoffs. I was talking REGULAR SEASON games. What would be nice is a 5A system maybe before we all get old and gray . I hope you can find a discussion on LPD forum or VA preps and quit worrying about the BDD because we are going to have to agree to disagree.

County governments need to get a set of balls and start consolidating these tiny schools into one county school. There is no excuse for schools with this low of enrollments to be kept open. With the economy the way it is, right now is the best time to close these schools and provide the kids with a better stage to perform on.

I am not really saying the little schools should beef up their schedules. I am just not a fan of the BDD mostly because there is onle one Division 2 school in the BDD. All Honaker needs to do is beat 3 D1 schools every year to make the playoffs. Each district should have at least 3 Division 2 teams. I dont like the fact that the LPD only has two D2 schools. I believe we both agree that the sytem we have now is very faulty. One thing that comes to mind is the Rye Cove Rule. A team can drop down if they have less than half the enrollment of the biggest school in their Division. Clintwood gets to drop because they have less than half the enrollment of Lee. Now Clintwood is in D1 with an enrollment of 318. St. Paul has an enrollment of 148 which is less than half the enrollment of Clintwood. Now what about St. Paul? Where can they drop to?

Good luck to your team and stay safe.

the garde green dragons were state runners up in 1986

LMAO

Haysi won that year because the whole Region was way down and Haysi was their usuall self. They were lucky to beat PV that year and that was one of the worst PV teams I ever saw. Honaker caught Gate City looking ahead one year and almost beat them which was the funniest game I ever saw. I can still hear the Honaker people chanting Fire up the bus! LMAO! In 2002 Honaker thought they played Gate City close when a lot of GCs players were injured trying to rest up for the State Semis. The score was a lot close than the game actually was. That is if you call 21 to 6 close. The only thing the BDD ever had was the 2000 Honaker team but had Gate City been Single A that year Honaker would have only been Region Runnerups. Region D has not been up to par since 03 and dont know when it ever will be again. If you think the BDD is not weak as a whole in football then How many Region D titles has the BDD won since being formed? How many State titles since the BDD was formed? And I am talking about teams that were BDD members at the time of winning any such titles and not members of another district.