Richlands Offense

applebarn

So what are the opinions?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. So what are the opinions?

• Should Richlands stick with the Spread?
    • Should Richlands go back to Smash Mouth Football?
    • Should Richlands go Multiple sets and play best of both worlds Smash Mouth and Spread combined?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spread has been good to the Blues. Gate City has a fine team, but, there is no panic in Richlands. If the Spread is clicking (as it will, it takes time) it will bring the "smash mouth" teams out of their element. Mance has won five straight regional titles with it and likely to win five more. The Spread is not the reason we lost, turnovers and our inablility to get that T formation off the field. Good Luck GC and smash Tazewell.

We will get to see your team tested with the spread several times more this season. Plus at the end of the season if they get to State mostly likely you will be facing one of those very quick teams with a spread, Gretna etc. We will get to see your theory tested.

The speed is there, they just need to learn how to play.

Would have to believe they haven't faced anything like Gaty City where they came from , add to that the size of the stage they where put on and diffculty of the spread timing in a violent enviroment, it would make a tuff game to start out with. Important thing is to learn, adapt, overcome.

Tazewell vs Gate City will tell a bunch.

Yeah it will! Show me where I said Tazewell will go down and beat them.... Don't turn it around like I said something I didn't.

Edited by Bulldogs52

What I'm saying is it will tell a little about how tuff the rest of the season will be.

Don't twist my words Dog. "Show me where I say anything about Tazewell beating them."

Use to be able to pull for the Dogs when they weren't playing the Blues, after watching the games that some of their fans play on this board it's become just about impossible.

What I'm saying is it will tell a little about how tuff the rest of the season will be.

Don't twist my words Dog. "Show me where I say anything about Tazewell beating them."

Use to be able to pull for the Dogs when they weren't playing the Blues, after watching the games that some of their fans play on this board it's become just about impossible.

Our fans are differ than your fans.... But yeah I forgot every one down there is perfect! So ya can get on the ole ballsack.....

We will get to see your team tested with the spread several times more this season. Plus at the end of the season if they get to State mostly likely you will be facing one of those very quick teams with a spread, Gretna etc. We will get to see your theory tested.

What theory?

Their were WR's open last night on about every play Richlands ran. But for what ever reason weather it was Gate Citys d line or Richlands O line not blocking, or the Qb and WR's

not on the samepage.What ever the problems with the spreed is I would bet it gets fixed

very soon.

Whether it happens or not, we will see, if the Offense gets clicking this could potentially be a scary team. Richlands looked great in the first 5 minutes, playing intense, then the rest of the game they looked totally different on O. Was in a store this weekend and overheard some woman telling another person that Richlands got beat and she was so happy she hated Richlands. Why does the whole town of Tazewell hate Richlands so bad? We dont hate Tazewell we just like to beat them in football. I wish Tazewell all the luck except when they play us. For good measures, Tazewell dont think your going to run all over us b/c we got beat by GC, remember last year!!!

I feel the game didn't show alot to speculate on, #1. I believe the pressure got to some of the boys and that happens, pressure should be off now. #2 Momentum is everything in football and when you turn the ball over that momentum can swing and it is hard to come back from that. #3 There was a couple of coaching mistakes which Mance took full credit full. At this point in the season it is hard to say if Tazewell beats Gate City that means richlands will lose to Tazewell or that it tells us alot about the season. Tazewell looks like they have figured out how to play well with each other early in the season. That's a great thing for them, as a Richlands fan we have become acustomed to seeing our team play well early on, with the exception of last year. I think there is no need to worry about Richlands offense or the ability to have a good team, they were simply outsmarted in the first game unfortunately.

For good measures, Tazewell dont think your going to run all over us b/c we got beat by GC, remember last year!!!

don't think GC will beat Tazewell just because they beat you...remember last year!!!

haha ;)

I just think Tazewell gets the big head to early. Just like last year, they thought they would come to Richlands and roll, they didnt. I am not saying that Richlands will beat Tazewell this year, should be a good game, Im just saying dont count your chickens before they hatch, I like our chances to win again this year. The key is if Richlands dont get the offense going it might be a long season.

I feel the game didn't show alot to speculate on,Momentum is everything in football and when you turn the ball over that momentum can swing and it is hard to come back from that. , they were simply outsmarted in the first game unfortunately.

Okay, either they couldn't come back from the TO's as you stated.....OR, they were "outsmarted"! Contradictory, confusing, .....time to move on from the analysis of this game.....the players and coaches know where the breakdowns occurred.

Gate City did exactly what they needed to do to win the game....less TO's, steady running game and good players. CONGRATS Gate City.

Gate City has their game plan for Tazewell and Tazewell will have their game plan for Gate City.....let that future game be played on the field....not by predicating the outcome due to the GC/Richlands game results.

I attemted to state that you can not predict the outcome of the season about any team due the first game. That was a conversation coming up in recent post. I understand that the statement contradicted itself, it was nothing more than an attempt to rationalize a loss. And conversation on here can be directed in several ways, I was hoping to accomplish the fact that Richlands could have a good team despite a poor showing. Thanks for the reply

Richlands should stick with the spread. Look what it has done since 2005. Young team, new players, it will take time. JUST THINK THEY WILL COME ALONG AND YOU HAVE THIS SAME TEAM BACK NEXT YEAR, GREAT THINGS TO COME THIS AND NEXT YEAR.