PH vs ABINGDON

xx05

Ummm iam getting quotes from football players now on the scores so there right. and they did drop several balls against Gate City but i didnt see one drop against powell valley. that dosent mean that they did but i didnt see it. if you dont think there line is tough then go punch #66 in the face and then get back to me when you get out of the hospital. every year people say abingdon is soft and there not going to beat PH or score on Richlands and everyone acts suprised when they outscore PH by 20 or keep the game close against richlands. lets just see what happens friday night

Gate City first of all was up 20-0 with 6 minutes left in the first quarter then they put in 2nd and 3rd string players for several series. Abingdon scored one touchdown to make it 20-7 then GC put 1st string back in for a few more reps to make it 27-7 then let 2nd and 3rd teams play the rest of the night. First stringers weren't put back in after 10 minutes left in 2nd quarter.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets be honest. abingdon will not beat Richlands or Tazwell. the rest of the games in their schedule should be at least close. they should beat PH, IDK about JI burton as i havent seen them play at all this year or last, they beat Battle, CC is a toss up, they beat Grundy, Graham should be close, They beat VA high, and Marion sounds pretty strong. but even if they have a 7-3 year, thats better than pervious teams.

Sept. 4 @ Patrick Henry GS-Should be close but PH will come out on top.

Sept. 11 J.I.Burton-No contest. Burton by 40+.

Sept. 18 @ Richlands-No contest. Richlands by 50+.

Sept. 25 Tazewell-Tazewell by 20+

Oct. 2 @ John Battle-Could go either way.

Oct. 9 Carroll County-Dont know dont care.

Oct. 16 Grundy-Grundy by 7.

Oct. 23 @ VA High-Differnt VA High team than last year. Bearcats by 30+

Oct. 30 Graham-Graham by 14.

Nov. 6 @ Marion-Marion by 14

Abingdon could go 2-8 but most likely 1-9.

HAHAHAHAH.. sure man.. we will see.

Lord I hope not, but I am making zero predictions until I see a game played this Friday. Got to have faith...

Lord I hope not, but I am making zero predictions until I see a game played this Friday. Got to have faith...

I hope you guys do well also. I dont mean to post as to look like I am downing the team. In fact what I post could be used as Bullitin Board material. Abingdon has had some pretty tough teams in the past but for whatever reason dont have much to show for it yet. The day could come. A great example is the Gretna Hawks. Used to be the worst team in VA. Now they are top dogs. I am only posting what I saw at the Jamboree and what I saw was Abingdon was in need of a lot of work.

After watching the PH vs AHS game last year, PH was winning but couldn't pull it off in second half. PH players are more comfortable with coach Compton's plays and i think they are a 4 quarter football team, not a 2 quarter like last year when they played. It'll be a good game and its gonna be packed. it always is. lol

umm,knocked us out cause if remember right there was few birds getting upset cause they were getting hit..and wanted to start a fight..game was called..briscoe should have refused to play after all the stuff that went on..look,i just saw a few of your own saying this year was gonna be long..been awhile since i saw a few abingdon fans say..we aren't that good..but they did just read the posts before this one..marion has never claimed to be sum great football power but we play our game win or lose..but from what i have saw we might have a few good yrs coming up..who knows!!

:cool:

abingdon will win this one just because of the name on the jersey. i have heard that ph has improved but i just cant see them taking down the falcons led by hess. i see hess stepping up and making the big plays to push the falcons to victory...34-27!!! only time will tell, thats why they turn the lights on friday nights and the bands play at halftime. popcorn, nachos, hot dogs, candy, soda...its football time.

umm,knocked us out cause if remember right there was few birds getting upset cause they were getting hit..and wanted to start a fight..game was called..briscoe should have refused to play after all the stuff that went on..look,i just saw a few of your own saying this year was gonna be long..been awhile since i saw a few abingdon fans say..we aren't that good..but they did just read the posts before this one..marion has never claimed to be sum great football power but we play our game win or lose..but from what i have saw we might have a few good yrs coming up..who knows!!

you always seem to find an excuse when the falcons take you to the wood shed. just admit it and you will feel better. we wer picked 2nd in the swd this year-so be careful what you ask for you may get another whipping this year. after talking to several in the falcon nation i feel better about the season and i think we can win 8-9 games. the swd is down this year and richlands doesn't seem so great with only 7 points against gate city. why not abingdon this year? swd champs! go falcons

you always seem to find an excuse when the falcons take you to the wood shed. just admit it and you will feel better. we wer picked 2nd in the swd this year-so be careful what you ask for you may get another whipping this year. after talking to several in the falcon nation i feel better about the season and i think we can win 8-9 games. the swd is down this year and richlands doesn't seem so great with only 7 points against gate city. why not abingdon this year? swd champs! go falcons

If Richlands gets the Offense clicking, watch out. Last few years it has taken 2 or 3 games for Richlands to get going and if they can do it again they should be able to the run the rest of the reg. season (9-1). Lot of if's there tough.

We have only had to find that excuse 2 out of the last 7 years.

We have only had to find that excuse 2 out of the last 7 years.

you will not beat the falcons the next 2 years with hess-he might be the best player in the area. so many excuses it seems like we beat you every year. congrats beating chilhowie! i didn't see that coming. better beat graham & northwood or your looking at 1-9

you will not beat the falcons the next 2 years with hess-he might be the best player in the area. so many excuses it seems like we beat you every year. congrats beating chilhowie! i didn't see that coming. better beat graham & northwood or your looking at 1-9

You forgot about Rural Retreat, they are very weak this year. Marion is no powerhouse but many Abingdon fans are on this board talking about how bad they are this year. I admit Hess is a good player, but it takes a team to win. Here is the games between Marion and Abingdon since 2001 since yall beat us every year.

2008 - Abingdon

2007 - Marion 28-20

2006 - Marion 24-15

2005 - Abingdon 21-14 OT

2004 - Marion 44-31

2003 - Abingdon 17-8

2002 - Marion 31-0

2001 - Marion 43-7

You forgot about Rural Retreat, they are very weak this year. Marion is no powerhouse but many Abingdon fans are on this board talking about how bad they are this year. I admit Hess is a good player, but it takes a team to win. Here is the games between Marion and Abingdon since 2001 since yall beat us every year.

2008 - Abingdon

2007 - Marion 28-20

2006 - Marion 24-15

2005 - Abingdon 21-14 OT

2004 - Marion 44-31

2003 - Abingdon 17-8

2002 - Marion 31-0

2001 - Marion 43-7

Didnt Marion beat Abingdon last year?