PH vs ABINGDON

xx05

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue who is going to win this one. I have to hope that it's going to be one for the Falcons. Should definitely be a good one. I am curious to see how the Spread is going to work this year with the kids Abingdon has. I would like to see some Wing-T action come back myself. I have been a fan of the Wing-T since running it in all the way from "midget league" until graduation.

Be safe all and see you there.

EW

haven't saw them play but i have heard abingdon is pretty bad..ph is so so..not sure where i'll be fri..ph will take the game early..but if abingdons line blocks hess will make ya pay..k,off the subject but i hear marion and abingdon won't be playing each other after this year?this true or bs?

AHS has more returning talent than PH. Two 300 Lb. O-linemen, lots of depth at RB and WR, and a QB that can make plays both in the air and on his feet. They in fact have scrimmaged good teams (Gate City, Loss 27-21, And they beat Powell Valley) and they should have no trouble against PH.

AHS has more returning talent than PH. Two 300 Lb. O-linemen, lots of depth at RB and WR, and a QB that can make plays both in the air and on his feet. They in fact have scrimmaged good teams (Gate City, Loss 27-21, And they beat Powell Valley) and they should have no trouble against PH.

Huh? Did you go to those scrimmages? Don't think Abingdon beat PV or that the Gate City score was what you posted. However, Hess is exceptional. The problem is that he doesn't have anyone who can catch the ball. His lineman are big but they are not tough. I've seen them. I'm a fan. But PH has more speed and wants it more. PH will win.

Ummm iam getting quotes from football players now on the scores so there right. and they did drop several balls against Gate City but i didnt see one drop against powell valley. that dosent mean that they did but i didnt see it. if you dont think there line is tough then go punch #66 in the face and then get back to me when you get out of the hospital. every year people say abingdon is soft and there not going to beat PH or score on Richlands and everyone acts suprised when they outscore PH by 20 or keep the game close against richlands. lets just see what happens friday night

LOL! Abingdons scores were on Gate Citys 3rd string! LMAO!!! I just knew the folks at Abingdon would twist this one around! After GC went up 20 to 0 with over 6 minutes to go in the 1ST QUARTER they took their first team out. The whole 2nd and 3rd quarters were played by Gate Citys 3rd string against Abingdons 1st.

Edited by applebarn

LOL! Abingdons scores were on Gate Citys 3rd string! LMAO!!! I just knew the folks at Abingdon would twist this one around! After GC went up 20 to 0 with over 6 minutes to go in the 1ST QUARTER they took their firts team out. The whole 2nd and 3rd quarters were played by Gate Citys 3rd string against Abingdons 1st.

Oh, Ok. Well I retract (believing you are telling the truth) my prediction, Tazewell will give Richlands a run for their money. I guess you never no until the games are played, Richlands has a lot of improving to do.

Ummm iam getting quotes from football players now on the scores so there right. and they did drop several balls against Gate City but i didnt see one drop against powell valley. that dosent mean that they did but i didnt see it. if you dont think there line is tough then go punch #66 in the face and then get back to me when you get out of the hospital. every year people say abingdon is soft and there not going to beat PH or score on Richlands and everyone acts suprised when they outscore PH by 20 or keep the game close against richlands. lets just see what happens friday night

LOL #66 was being man handled by Gate Citys JV team in the 2nd and 3rd Quarters. I told a friend of mine that by the way Abingdons players were acting during that scrimmage they would try and say had there been more time they would have won. I was there and saw Gate City pull their 1st string after going up 20 to 0 with over 6 minutes to go in the opening quarter. If Gare City had left their starters in the score would have been atleast 49 to 0 after two quarters if not more. The funny thing was that it was a freshman QB that played on GCs 2nd string to get a touchdown. Then the 3rd string played the 2nd and 3rd quarters against Abingdons 1st string. Abingdon is the worst team I have seen in years!

Edited by applebarn

Oh, Ok. Well I retract (believing you are telling the truth) my prediction, Tazewell will give Richlands a run for their money. I guess you never no until the games are played, Richlands has a lot of improving to do.

Tazewell may very well. Have not seen them play this year.

Abingdon lost to Powell Valley 10-6 and although they scored on Gate City, it wasn't against their first team defense - they were pulled very early in the scrimmage. Gate City's last score actually was from the 2nd team offense.

Good luck to both Abingdon & Patrick Henry this coming Friday.

lol

Dude, seen them play. Would be happy to punch 66 or whomever. They are weak. I am a fan and want them to succeed. But, they suck. They are gonna suck for several years. I'm talking worst football team in Washington Co. even after Holston loses its senior class. Have you seen them?????? They suck really, really bad. Hess is great. He has no one to throw to. This year in Falconland is gonna be bad.

Lets be honest. abingdon will not beat Richlands or Tazwell. the rest of the games in their schedule should be at least close. they should beat PH, IDK about JI burton as i havent seen them play at all this year or last, they beat Battle, CC is a toss up, they beat Grundy, Graham should be close, They beat VA high, and Marion sounds pretty strong. but even if they have a 7-3 year, thats better than pervious teams.

If AHS brings the same game against Grundy as they did last year, I dont think they will win this year. I seen grundy several games last year and watched friday night, totally different team, not saying theyre big or that they have lots of talent, but the boys have learned to HIT and that's important, from what I remember last year abingdons players werent the best at shaking of a big hit. I havent seen them play this year, but will surely watch a couple of their games.... I'm TOTALLY unbiased here I'm an OWLs fan and they SUCK and wont exist after this season so my WV transplanted butt isnt pickin' faves just statin' my opinion for what its worth