Graham's Darius Carper to Marshall?

hokie07

I just stopped by the Marshall's Rivals page and here is the main headline:

http://www.herdnation.com

Graham lineman Carper has Marshall connection

Mike Farrell

HerdNation.com

In their quest of landing a successful recruiting haul in the 2010, the Marshall staff has highlighted the offensive line as a great area of need. Offensive guard Darius Carper out of Bluefield (Va.) Graham is beginning to pick up interest. The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder still hasn't pulled an offer to date, but colleges are eyeing him including Marshall. Carper has connections to the Herd as well. Will Marshall offer?

I know that Darius' connection to Marshall is obvious since his brother TJ plays there, but I'm interested in reading the rest of it. Does anyone who has a Rivals account want to cheat and paste the whole article here, or perhaps give a brief synopsis? Being a Bluefield fan and living out of town, I wasn't aware that he has garnered this much college attention. Best of luck to the guy for sure though.

I was TJ's when Darius was born and Tiara's teacher the next year. The entire Carper family are great people -- both parents are supportive and only the best for their children and more importantly expect them to be their best. They are all so polite to everyone they meet -- It's great to hear that Darius is getting this type of attention -- Way to Go Darius!!

What ever happened to Graham's all American #61 from last year? Thought he had "signed" with marshall, but saw him pumpin gas in bluefield last week?

I talked to him about halfway through the summer and he was invited to walk-on. Or at least that's what he told me, I believe him completely. He has quite a bit of potential, with the right coaching he can excel. And as for Big D, congrats man! I hope you keep your head up and keep playing hard, I know you can do well at the next level!

Number 61, Halsey, is at Marshall playing football. Apparently, from what I've heard, MU messed up his clearing house papers and he was unable to attend camp but is still a member of the team. It's a shame that when a school gives you such a great opportunity, it can be so easily screwed up.

Congrats to Darius on receiving interest from MU. Hopefully he can earn a scholarship or a walk on invite and join some fellow G Men on the MU field.

Darius has a rivals page, hes also getting looks from louisville. I think their recruiting coaches set up the page for him actually. But carp's a beast, hes got a good gpa, and hes a hardworker.

Number 61, Halsey, is at Marshall playing football. Apparently, from what I've heard, MU messed up his clearing house papers and he was unable to attend camp but is still a member of the team. It's a shame that when a school gives you such a great opportunity, it can be so easily screwed up.

Congrats to Darius on receiving interest from MU. Hopefully he can earn a scholarship or a walk on invite and join some fellow G Men on the MU field.

Didn't that happen to rob Henry too?

#61 was and is a JOKE! He was in tight with Marrs and thats the only reason he is at Marshall AS A WALK ON. As for Darius im very proud because he actually deserves this!

he may be a joke. but he has potential beyond most people here on this board, hence why he was invited to walk-on. once again this goes back to, why put down kids on this board for succeeding???? are you jealous because he has an opportunity you didnt/wont have??? and just an fyi, he didnt really like Marrs too much from what i heard.

he may be a joke. but he has potential beyond most people here on this board, hence why he was invited to walk-on. once again this goes back to, why put down kids on this board for succeeding???? are you jealous because he has an opportunity you didnt/wont have??? and just an fyi, he didnt really like Marrs too much from what i heard.
hahah if you all haven't figured it out. No one likes marrs...

figured you guys would have known that LOL

i like him

Offensive guard Darius Carper out of Bluefield (Va.) Graham is beginning to pick up interest. The 6-foot-4, 295-pounder still hasn't pulled an offer to date, but colleges are eyeing him.

"This summer I went to Virginia Tech, Marshall, Louisville and VMI," he said. "Louisville and Marshall have been very interested along with VMI.

"I've gotten a lot of letters from schools including Boston College, Michigan State, Duke, Maryland, Illinois, Columbia, Princeton, Syracuse, Dartmouth, Wagner and Penn."

As interest is growing, does Carper like anybody?

"I like Marshall and Louisville," he said. "I'd love to go to Virginia Tech. I only live 45 minutes from there. I like James Madison too, Duke sounds nice and I like Virginia also.

"I like Marshall because the campus is easy to get around and my brother and sister go there. Louisville has a real nice campus and a good football program. Marshall has talked a little bit about possibly walking on."

The Virginia lineman plans to head to a few games this fall.

"I'm looking at going to one of Marshall's games and possibly one of Louisville's and I'll probably be at Virginia Tech when they play Marshall."

Carper has largely gone under the radar in recruiting. What stands out about him?

"I just like to go hard on every single play," he said. "I play to the best of my ability and I'm a leader on the field. I think I can move pretty well for my size. I've got pretty decent feet and I'm athletic. I play basketball too."

"I just like to go hard on every single play," he said. "I play to the best of my ability and I'm a leader on the field. I think I can move pretty well for my size. I've got pretty decent feet and I'm athletic. I play basketball too."

Get em Carp