Falcons vs Burton

littlebluefan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL...LOL...LOL...OK..I'M OK...who in here honestly thought abingdon would win...the birds got clipped in the wing

burton would beat marion or holston too. i'm sure kelly would whip up on you guys also. you better worry about what lies ahead for your two fav teams-neither one of them wins their district. lol

I saw every play of this game and I can tell you that Abingdon had several chances to capitalize on some dropped balls and one truly bad call from the ref in the first minute of the game, problem is they COULD NOT do so. I'm not saying that Burton is that good, I mean they have a truly gifted player in Miles other than that I was less than impressed, but as many problems as they had and as bad as they played, Abingdon played way worse, not to take anything from a couple BEAUTIFUL passes made by the falcons, but all in all they dont have a chance against the Blues next week

LOL,LOL,SAME OLE SAME...I HEAR THE BIRDS SQAWKING...holstom just might get that chance..both are single a schools who beat the birds..(i know it was a scimmage)guess next fri at 11 you will post that they had sand in their eyes from the storm that passed thru.

Well, looks like we are now 1-1. I wasn't able to make it, but from the sounds of it, I picked a good one to miss. Hopefully AHS will put in some extra work this week to try to prepare for Richlands. Looks like we are going to need it. Be safe all, God Bless, and take care, until next game....

EW

Gotta love how some of these "keyboard warriors" on here just can't help from making a fool of themselves on this forum...

Anyone who watched the game knows just how close it was. the scoreboard isnt a good indicator of how close it was. minus a couple big plays and AHS won that game but congrats to JIB. you came on the road and won by 2 TDs.

Close??? I didnt see that. Like I said before, it wasnt that Burton was that good, just that Abingdong was that bad. Burton lost possesion of the ball more times than I can remember, hell the center hiked the ball 10 yards behind the QB. Abingdon never really capitalized when they could have.

burton would beat marion or holston too. i'm sure kelly would whip up on you guys also. you better worry about what lies ahead for your two fav teams-neither one of them wins their district. lol

The only thing you can say is that. We never said anything about Marion or Holston. This thread as about the Raiders and the Falcons, with you talking crap all week how the Falcons were gonna win. Get over it and stop making excuses.

Just so everyone knows. I went to this game. The game was closer than the scoreboard shows. The first half, JIB only had one play that crossed the 50 yard line. Abingdon in the game had 6 trips inside the 30 yard line, (two turnovers on downs, two turn overs and two missed field goals).

What lost this game was bad play calling . JIB was/is fast, but they could not stop the run. It was when Abingdon was forced to pass against a speedy defensive backs that created the long yardage.

On two 4th and 5's, the same quick pass was called with both the same results... no gain. That was the difference maker. JIB made the efforts and capitalized on missed opportunities.

So, the game was very exciting until 2 minutes to go, then the hand writing was flying like a banner behind the falcons.

I do believe though, that Abingdon will give Richlands a very close decent game. They do match up very well.... but the play calling has to improve.

The only thing you can say is that. We never said anything about Marion or Holston. This thread as about the Raiders and the Falcons, with you talking crap all week how the Falcons were gonna win. Get over it and stop making excuses.

you better worry about the retreat this week. i smell an upset friday! i was talking 2 vols can't win a game, anyway. he seems to like holston more than you guys anyway.

Can the FALCONS hang with the TORNADOES friday night?

sure they can! they just have to play exceptional. force turnovers. hold on to the ball. make every catch. and run hard and they have a good chance. but most likely the blues are going to win.

Well, Richlands has not been playing the greatest football this year. The talent is their they just need to click. I think our biggest problem so far is the O line and the inablity to score once in the RED ZONE. Hopefully that will come around. Good ball team to only have 3 seniors that play. Im going with Richlands 21-13 just because we have failed to blow anybody out of the water except honaker (which most teams will).

Scary thing is Lebanon put it on PV and the Dawgs beat Lebanon. I know hard to judge by games like that.

Not cutting the Dawgs, but I read that Lebanon had 4 or 5 starters suspended for the Tazewell game plus the big man that was in the news paper (I believe a broken leg).