Best D so far?

NewHampshireRed

Gate City, Burton, Clintwood, Hurley, hell even Grundy has not gave a single point up this year so far (not the best competition tho, but still impressive)

Im a lil biased (SP?) becasue im a Hurley alumni, but they have only allowed -64 rushing yards in 2 games total . Any other above average stats anyone can give about their hometown team.

Edited by mapper

J.J.Kelly has given up a TOTAL of 49 yards of total offense and a mere 4 first downs through 2 games (3 of those coming against the 2nd string). The TRIBE has registered 12 sacks,and has over 20 tackles for loss thus far. Kelly has also scored 3 defensive TDs. You simply cannot do it any better than that.

I know most will not agree with me on this, but I'll put Richlands in the talk. I don't think they are the best.....yet......but they have done a pretty good job so far.

They held a powerful GC team to 10 points.

Then.... this past Friday, the 1st team shut out Honaker. They ( Honaker ) scored their TD on mostly our JV D with a min. to go in the game.

I know that Lebanon shut out Honaker also, but I doubt that many, if anyone else will hold GC to 10 or fewer points.

I'm just a fan........wanting to throw my team in the mix.....LOL

I know most will not agree with me on this, but I'll put Richlands in the talk. I don't think they are the best.....yet......but they have done a pretty good job so far.

They held a powerful GC team to 10 points.

Then.... this past Friday, the 1st team shut out Honaker. They ( Honaker ) scored their TD on mostly our JV D with a min. to go in the game.

I know that Lebanon shut out Honaker also, but I doubt that many, if anyone else will hold GC to 10 or fewer points.

I'm just a fan........wanting to throw my team in the mix.....LOL

Thats what its all about. I know Hurley isnt the best team in the area, but they are my hometown team. Kelly is looking

strong. What about the rest of the LPD teams Unchained?

Thats what its all about. I know Hurley isnt the best team in the area, but they are my hometown team. Kelly is looking

strong. What about the rest of the LPD teams Unchained?

Norton and Clintwood are strong as well,and PV is always in the mix. Appy is vastly improved as well. Pound is lin for a long season if the JJK debacle is any indication.

Norton and Clintwood are strong as well,and PV is always in the mix. Appy is vastly improved as well. Pound is lin for a long season if the JJK debacle is any indication.

good to know that Clintwood is strong, because Grundy held right with clintwood in the scrimmage this year

Gate City, Burton, Clintwood, Hurley, hell even Grundy has not gave a single point up this year so far (not the best competition tho, but still impressive)

Im a lil biased (SP?) becasue im a Hurley alumni, but they have only allowed -64 rushing yards in 2 games total . Any other above average stats anyone can give about their hometown team.

Clintwood will get tested this Friday against a good Happy Valley Tenn 3 A school. Clintwood is vulnerable in the pass defense area,strong against the rush. Kelly is yet to play a very solid team imo. Burton barely escaped Appy. Hurley gave up 26 points to St.Paul. Gate City is looking better than what I had thought. They are a good team. No one has mentioned Lebanon. This is a very well coached team and when they play Gate City ,it should be a dandy.:)

hurley held st.paul to -34 yards rushing and gave just 2 touchdowns on defense which was busted playes we shouldnt have gave up

Still to give up 26 points to St.Paul regardless of the circumstances.... Didnt Holston beat St.Paul by around 30 points..Still congrats to a fine Hurley team who I hope wins the Black Diamond conference. I would say the Hurley -Haysi game would be a dandy.:)

good to know that Clintwood is strong, because Grundy held right with clintwood in the scrimmage this year

have you lost your ****ing mind! clintwood killed grundy. it could have been 100-0. not since the early 2000s has grundy been able to hang with cwood.

is clintwood in the same division as gate city this year. if so holston might have a chance to win state.

Clintwood has petitioned so that they can drop from division 2 and continue to play in d1. and it is looking like that will go through. So Holston will have to play Clintwood in the playoffs if they both make it that far

clintwood will be div. 1. holston won't have a chance. probably wont even make it past region c.

As of 9-18-09 the VHSL website shows Clintwood in Division 2. Did the petition to stay in Division 1 go through? Just wondering. If so, the website hasn't been updated.