Sullivan South @ Gate City

applebarn

Heard on WXSM, there may be 10,000 fans at that game. Can someone on here buy me a 50/50 ticket or two?

From what I hear, South is expected to bring 5000-6000 and then Gate City will have 6000-7000 at least. It is going to be a fantastic atmosphere. In 2004 against Powell Valley at Gate City there were 10,000 fans and they were 6-8 deep all around the fence. Could possibly set an attendance record for Southwest Virginia/Northeast Tennessee. It will be great. Go Big Blue!!!

there's a reason they have the games.

I tend to agree with what someone else wrote earlier in the week, that the swva teams are more physical than most tn teams, and play a different type of football, with reservations, i agree.

The game being at gate city could be a difference maker and the physical play of gate city enough to keep them in the game and if so they have an opportunity to earn the victory.

I tend to agree with what someone else wrote earlier in the week, that the swva teams are more physical than most tn teams, and play a different type of football, with reservations, i agree.

The game being at gate city could be a difference maker and the physical play of gate city enough to keep them in the game and if so they have an opportunity to earn the victory.

I'm hoping you're right and the physicality of Gate City can wear down South. I think it will be great game and hopefully that mixed with the home field advantage will be enough to give GC the W. If GC can punch em in the mouth early I think it can set the tone.

I agree with you on this. It's hard to beat GC at GC, and with their physical style of play they maybe able to hold on to the ball and keep it away from Sullivan and maybe wear them down a little.

The only problem with that is the fact that they are a large school and are probably deeper than GC . But GC is not only physical, they also have "some" speed. I don't know that much about Sullivan South, but from what I've seen over the years, teams from that part of Tenn are usually more finesse.......not all, but most.

It'll be a tough game for GC, but I think if they play the way they are capable of, then they have a chance of beating them.

Like I said, I don't know anything about Sullivan South, but I'm going to pull for the Southwest Virginia team. :D

Their passing game scares me to death. Hopefully our secondary has gotten plenty of work this week. South had 7 turnovers at Boone last week. I don't see them having 7 this week, but as was said earlier that's why they play the game. I'm positive they'll get GC's shot, I'm just not sure it'll be enough.

Their passing game scares me to death. Hopefully our secondary has gotten plenty of work this week. South had 7 turnovers at Boone last week. I don't see them having 7 this week, but as was said earlier that's why they play the game. I'm positive they'll get GC's shot, I'm just not sure it'll be enough.

there's not a water main close the stadium that is unstable is there?

I'm only kidding, I have to lighten up myself sometimes.

there's not a water main close the stadium that is unstable is there?

I'm only kidding, I have to lighten up myself sometimes.

Actually there's an underground sprinkler system under the field...lol

The scary thing is, they had 7 turnovers and won.