Grundy 4-0

GrundyWinsAll

First and foremost, Congratulations to the Golden Wave and all the coaches, players, and fans. A 4-0 start is really good. I have seen a variety of Offense. Everyone is an option. I have seen some defense fighting hard. I saw #30 run down the Haysi runner in the 4th and then the D shut 'em down. I've seen a lot of emotion out of the coaches. They are trying as hard as they know how to. Now, Grundy has 2 weeks to prepare for the SWD schedule. From what I have seen, I think Grundy is a playoff team this year. If you want the easy win you thought you were getting ..... think again. Grundy is a real team. Everyone is playing there part and playing great team ball. I'm not saying they're the best team ever, but they can beat anyone on the schedule!

First and foremost, Congratulations to the Golden Wave and all the coaches, players, and fans. A 4-0 start is really good. I have seen a variety of Offense. Everyone is an option. I have seen some defense fighting hard. I saw #30 run down the Haysi runner in the 4th and then the D shut 'em down. I've seen a lot of emotion out of the coaches. They are trying as hard as they know how to. Now, Grundy has 2 weeks to prepare for the SWD schedule. From what I have seen, I think Grundy is a playoff team this year. If you want the easy win you thought you were getting ..... think again. Grundy is a real team. Everyone is playing there part and playing great team ball. I'm not saying they're the best team ever, but they can beat anyone on the schedule!

Glad things have turned around for the Wave... We all know how times can be hard, well the Bulldogs have a few years back and now the G-Men are going through it.. Hope the Wave finish strong, but they haven't beat a SWD team in 4 years or longer.

i dont know about playoffs, the SWD teams are all much better than what they have played so far...going to be hard from here on out...even Marion and Abingdon will be hard to beat...Tazewell, Richlands, Caroll County will all be tall orders...Graham is down but they always seem to gel around week 4 or 5...historically anyway.

Wave are playing good smart ball and showed they wont roll over when the going gets ruff this week...they can't come out and play like they did at the first of the Haysi game though against any of the SWD teams or they will be down 28 points before they know what hit them...I wouldn't even talk playoffs right now, I'd worry about Marion and nothing else.

I agree, don't get to far ahead of yourself, focus on starting district play with a bang and keep the winning streak going.

There D has looked very solid so far, I was impressed on how they contained Fleming and Stanly on friday night. They are very athletic players who can make big plays out of nothing. They can't make some of these offensive mistakes though that they have been doing like missing wide open recievers...droping passes and etc. Our O-line is probelly half the size to everybody else's o-line in the SWD, that worries me.

They will be fired up for the Marion game, first district game and its homecoming....should be intresting.

I got a major shock after the game.

Some girl called wanting to know the score. When I told her, she was like 'Wow... I'm so proud of 'em', or something like that... it was such a surprise, I really don't rem. exactly what she said. All I could say was "You have no idea how long it's been since I've heard somebody say that".