Gate City question

BHS85

You Graham fans that have been to GC, did you go down 19/460 then 58 to 71, or do you go down I-81 to Bristol and go in off the interstate? Thanks in advance for any info.

58 to 71 took me 47 mins from Leb to Legion field fri night. 71 is all 2 lane and a little curvy. I personally would take this route because it is the shortest and fastest but has very few gas stations and no eateries.

If you go down 81...Do NOT take the GC exit Hwy 58...take the next exit Hwy 11W.

i just go down I-81 and take the GC exit.

I always went to Hansonville on 460 and turned onto 58, then took the Gate City exit from there. It is about 1 hr and 30 minutes. As Big Bill said, route 71 is the fastest way.

depends on where you are coming from i guess...i always just take the GC exit, but I don't mind the drive through the woods and Carter's Fold...then again I'm from Grundy so I don't consider that a bad road lol.

CPF is right but 460 splits toward Grundy in Richlands so follow 19 down just past Lebanon about 6 or 7 miles bear right on 58/Alt460 toward Castlewood/Norton for about 4 or 5 mile turn left on 71 Gate City sign go about 31 miles take a left just past the Thriftway market you can't miss it from there.

CPF is right but 460 splits toward Grundy in Richlands so follow 19 down just past Lebanon about 6 or 7 miles bear right on 58/Alt460 toward Castlewood/Norton for about 4 or 5 mile turn left on 71 Gate City sign go about 31 miles take a left just past the Thriftway market you can't miss it from there.

Yup you are right, sorry for my mistake.

You Graham fans that have been to GC, did you go down 19/460 then 58 to 71, or do you go down I-81 to Bristol and go in off the interstate? Thanks in advance for any info.

Trust me...460 to Claypool Hill, 19 to Abingdon, 11 to I-81, I-81 to Kingsport exit 11W, 11W to 23, 23 to Gate City. May be longer but much better road, especially at night and/or in bad weather, and plenty of places to eat.

The road through Nickelsville isn't bad...but do the speed limit. Anything more than that and it becomes one of the more deadly roads around here...especially if you aren't accustomed to driving it.

Yet another reason to go the way I posted...

Yep...some people drive like idiots on the road through Nickelsville. If I were coming from Lebanon or Honaker I'd use that road. Coming from anywhere else, I'd prolly go the 81-11-23 route. The Nickelsville route is a lil shorter, but the other is far more convenient and the road is way better.

Yep...some people drive like idiots on the road through Nickelsville. If I were coming from Lebanon or Honaker I'd use that road. Coming from anywhere else, I'd prolly go the 81-11-23 route. The Nickelsville route is a lil shorter, but the other is far more convenient and the road is way better.

You got that right! I hate that road!