PH vs. Battle

DA SHOCKER73

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been around alot of Battle teams over the years and this is the best in a long time. The main thing that has kept them from posting a few more wins is inexperience. They have to learn how to handle momentum swings, and how to play 4 quarters.

Think about it....Battle beats Twin Springs, They gave VA High all they could handle for over a quarter and a half. They gave Holston a fight for about 3 quarters, and Gave Honaker a fight for 3 quarters last week.

Battle has around 45 Freshmen and Sophmores and alot of those either start or play alot on Friday Nights. They have to learn how to handle Momentum swings in games. Example...They were up 10-0 last week on Honaker and had the tigers 3rd and 18 on their own 12 yard line. Battle lets Honaker bust a huge pass play and they never recovered.

Battles JV team has rolled over everyone, so has the 8th Grade team.

Things are starting to turn around on Battle Hill.

Im not saying battle will win this week, but if PH or anyone else expects the same ole' Battle...they're in for a surprise. Its a work in progress but Battle is getting better and better every week and Ryan Witten can flat out coach.

Edited by battleftbl

PH does have the speed advantage, but Battle will win the Line of Scrimmage. PH may have the worst O-line and D-line in the area. The Kid at QB has no time at all, and the D-Line is very slow off the ball

It will be interested this Friday. It should be a great game

i agree..battle impressed me..i see a young team who will be the talk of the town in a yr or so..ph,has no o line..17-14 battle..they got more heart in bristol this year

Edited by vols4life

i agree..battle impressed me..i see a young team who will be the talk of the hogo in a yr or so..ph,has no o line..17-14 battle..they got more heart in bristol this year

battle is not in the hogo! try the cmd and they have to beat va high, lebanon, and gate city. not going to happen my friend!

excuse me...chirp,chirp..aww,look..it's a lil woodpecker..he once was a falcon now he just sits back and tries to peck at everyone..him so ugly...lol..MR.JOHNNYONTHESPOT..guess that storm lastweek really got your feathers damp..so your aren't flyin as high..so,you now can come to every thread and make sure we all know falcon football is the greatest a few weeks out of the year..lol..love it..you make my heart full of glee..falcon awesome..do you really say that?geez

excuse me...chirp,chirp..aww,look..it's a lil woodpecker..he once was a falcon now he just sits back and tries to peck at everyone..him so ugly...lol..MR.JOHNNYONTHESPOT..guess that storm lastweek really got your feathers damp..so your aren't flyin as high..so,you now can come to every thread and make sure we all know falcon football is the greatest a few weeks out of the year..lol..love it..you make my heart full of glee..falcon awesome..do you really say that?geez

that's why i am here=to correct you! ha ha lol

"that's why i am here=to correct you"..k,read that ..now read the correct way."that's why i'm here,to correct you"..aww,that's better..i feel like my time is being wasted by a chirping bird...

i wish you were my english teacher-NOT

This year's Honaker team is nowhere near what they have been in the past and Va. High is a big question mark. VHS has wins over teams that have combined for only 1 win, so that is not an indication of strong competition for VHS.

PH has a stable of athletes. As someone said their line is a question mark.

Battle has gotten better, but I say PH 21-13.

Trust me...Battle will be a force in the CMD in about 2 years.

The Trojans will have between 75 and 80 players next year. They have 63 this year, with 45 being in 9th or 10th grade. Ryan Witten started from the ground and is in stage 1 of building a power. Battle has never had those numbers before. All of those baseball players are becoming football players now.

Combine that with the fact that Battles 9th grade team, and 8th grade teams havent lost yet....yes that includes victories over VA High for the first time since 94 , Victories over Lebanon, and Volunteer. The JV didnt play this week, however the 8th grade hung 42 up on Lee High.

The football program has never had anything, now they get pretty much anything they need thanks to a new Battle Touchdown club and the Jason Witten Foundation. The football program still has a long way to go, but trust me.... Battle will be a power within a few years

I know this is abingdons worst nightmare but the days of dominating John Battle are going to be over if not this year, then definatly in the next couple of years.

Back to the main topic..... This weeks game should be a great game to watch.

Like I said eariler PH has more speed, Battle has a better line.... it will be interesting to see which one prevails tomorrow night.

Trust me...Battle will be a force in the CMD in about 2 years.

The Trojans will have between 75 and 80 players next year. They have 63 this year, with 45 being in 9th or 10th grade. Ryan Witten started from the ground and is in stage 1 of building a power. Battle has never had those numbers before. All of those baseball players are becoming football players now.

Combine that with the fact that Battles 9th grade team, and 8th grade teams havent lost yet....yes that includes victories over VA High for the first time since 94 , Victories over Lebanon, and Volunteer. The JV didnt play this week, however the 8th grade hung 42 up on Lee High.

The football program has never had anything, now they get pretty much anything they need thanks to a new Battle Touchdown club and the Jason Witten Foundation. The football program still has a long way to go, but trust me.... Battle will be a power within a few years

I know this is abingdons worst nightmare but the days of dominating John Battle are going to be over if not this year, then definatly in the next couple of years.

Back to the main topic..... This weeks game should be a great game to watch.

Like I said eariler PH has more speed, Battle has a better line.... it will be interesting to see which one prevails tomorrow night.

As an outsider, I can already see good things happening at Battle. While Witten is the coach there, things will steadily improve.

Battle has always had the kids there to compete. Remember when Jimmy King was the coach? He was a winner in all aspects. I think he only coached Battle one or two years in football but when he did they were in the playoffs. Witten is the same type of individual.

Look - I heard that Holston's 8th grade team beat PH something like 52-6. I saw the same Holston 8th grade team play Battle and Battle won 20-6. There is a whole new attitude there. An attitude, that as a Holston fan, I'm happy for Battle but not looking forward to meeting them in the future.

This week, I think that the future is now - Battle 20 - PH 12.

As an outsider, I can already see good things happening at Battle. While Witten is the coach there, things will steadily improve.

Battle has always had the kids there to compete. Remember when Jimmy King was the coach? He was a winner in all aspects. I think he only coached Battle one or two years in football but when he did they were in the playoffs. Witten is the same type of individual.

Look - I heard that Holston's 8th grade team beat PH something like 52-6. I saw the same Holston 8th grade team play Battle and Battle won 20-6. There is a whole new attitude there. An attitude, that as a Holston fan, I'm happy for Battle but not looking forward to meeting them in the future.

This week, I think that the future is now - Battle 20 - PH 12.

52-6 when was that game played?the game has not been played yet.

So you are saying that he didn't get the head job because of his experience or knowledge of the game, but because his brother can give a bunch of money. Sounds like a good thing to me.

It was played on August 31 at 5:30 pm at Patrick Henry High School. I was there. It could have been a lot worse. Holston's 8th grade coaches were classy and allowed all players to play lots of positions in that game. Score at halftime was 45-6 Holston.

52-6 when was that game played?the game has not been played yet.

It was played on August 31, 2009 at 5:30 pm at Patrick Henry High School. The score could have been a lot worse than it was. Both of these teams were very classy and very sportsmanlike in this game that could have gotten out of hand, but didn't.

With my TRIBE being off,I get to be lazy on a rainy night and listen in to some other folks. Any radio station carrying this one? I'd like to see the Rebs get a big win. Alot of folks giving them down the road,but they've lost to some pretty good squads.