PH vs. Battle

DA SHOCKER73

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

umm,yeah..lol..ph has no o line..by the way..how in the world did you guys beat frt.chiswell...i still am scratchin my head..cause they looked like they were really young..marion blowed sum chances to score against them..they didn't really seem to have any speed..did you all pull out that dang tomahawk and do a dance last week?lol..anyway,a w is a w..

Battle played tonights game without the starting center, the starting right tackle, Starting Strong Safety and played the last 3 quarters without the starting ROLB.

Battle had a combined 7 freshmen starting tonight on offense and defense combined with about 8 sophmores. Thats 15 of the 22 positions being occupied by 9th or 10th graders.

It was a good hard fought game. Congrats to Battle, and good luck the rest of the season to PH.

was a good game. came down to the 2pt conversion at the end. Compton wide open and dropped it :( would've been 20 -20 if he would have caught it. but congrats JB. maybe since holston has came out and became a winning team, and now battle is getting it together, maybe ph will b next? but when and how long will it take for their day to come? discuss talk ppl talk. lol its late. Nick G. had a possible severe concussion or hurt his neck bad? maybe both. sketchy at the moment.

Edited by Linebackers

was a good game. came down to the 2pt conversion at the end. Compton wide open and dropped it :( would've been 20 -20 if he would have caught it. but congrats JB. maybe since holston has came out and became a winning team, and now battle is getting it together, maybe ph will b next? but when and how long will it take for their day to come? discuss talk ppl talk. lol its late. Nick G. had a possible severe concussion or hurt his neck bad? maybe both. sketchy at the moment.

let me no how nick is doin and wat was wrong wit him....it was a great game it come down to the very last min of playing. i think if we played them again no doubt in my mind we would win they got some lucky plays

Luck had nothing to do with it.

Battle had 4 starters out last night.....All 4 positions were occupied by Freshmen... 2 of those were on that Offensive line that ran the ball down your throat in the 4th quarter.

Just a number of interest... Battle started 8 freshmen and 6 Sophmores last night.

Thats 14 of 22 starting positions occupied by freshmen and sophmores.. None of those kids have to play both ways either.

So any excuse PH has is very laughable.

Both Teams played very hard, lets not take anything from either by making excuses

Luck had nothing to do with it.

Battle had 4 starters out last night.....All 4 positions were occupied by Freshmen... 2 of those were on that Offensive line that ran the ball down your throat in the 4th quarter.

Just a number of interest... Battle started 8 freshmen and 6 Sophmores last night.

Thats 14 of 22 starting positions occupied by freshmen and sophmores.. None of those kids have to play both ways either.

So any excuse PH has is very laughable.

Both Teams played very hard, lets not take anything from either by making excuses

Battle won. congrats. It was basically a dogfight all the way up to the last play. good game. good luck on yalls season. just hope PH can do good on rest of the season but idk.

When you said How can you catch when you are pumping your fist in the air?

All i saw 34 doing was when the QB rolled out he was waving for the ball is what it looked like. And if my memory serves me right he made some good catches that night and that was the only one he dropped, I guess it just wasnt meant for PH to win

When you said How can you catch when you are pumping your fist in the air?

All i saw 34 doing was when the QB rolled out he was waving for the ball is what it looked like. And if my memory serves me right he made some good catches that night and that was the only one he dropped, I guess it just wasnt meant for PH to win

im talkin about #8 from JB, i always thought celebrating was unsportsman like. yes. Compton had nice catches but wide open and the biggest play of the game? Hits his hands. no excuses.

I noticed you havent talked about the three INTs and the fumble 23 had, and if my eye sight is good he did NOT have his gloves on so now what happened

i agree 23 is a good linebacker but not so much as RB he fumbles way to much...we had a long run all the sudden out comes the ball...hopefully he learns how to hold on to the ball

well yes he fumbled but not on a game deciding play, meaty your getting defensive about it, your josh compton arent you? jk but PH's heart disappeared after his fumble, they die after he fumbles, y? idk.... and Idk who you are, but he can prolly lay you out meaty. Hopefully Compton will redeem his self this friday. Good LB. but the team needs to be a team. if 23 fumbles, big deal and PH stops? i dont get it. Quit trying to have 23 be the heart and soul of the team. let each individual contribute to the heart and soul and not die on a dropped pass or fumble. b a freakin team, PH has so many chances to win games so far and they just shoot themselves in the foot and then they put their little heads down and roll over. so idk if i should even go watch ph. but i will because i support the team even when their not a team...Ohh and if anybody on the team has a problem with 23 running and fumbling sometimes, How bout quit hiding and actually step up and be the dang running back if you got a problem with the fumbles.

Edited by Linebackers

What if Witten does turn Battle around next year and they go 5-5 or 6-4? Do you think he could possibly get a lot of offers from bigger schools to coach. That would be quite a thing on a resume.

What if Witten does turn Battle around next year and they go 5-5 or 6-4? Do you think he could possibly get a lot of offers from bigger schools to coach. That would be quite a thing on a resume.

Maybe he would want to come to Abingdon.

not so fast my friend. Leave Witten and Battle alone. Something special is being started on Battle Hill. Just give it a few years.

I do think that a young energetic coach would do great at Abingdon though.

There is no excuse for a school the size of Abingdon to only dress 30 - 35 players on the Varsity football team.

Why all the fuss guys? If Whitten does have a successful year, word has it that the Cowboy will have him a job lined up in Texas. Who in the world wouldn't want to coach football in Texas? Oh by the way, JB still has to line up with the rest of the Clinch Mountain District before it is over. Just don't get the cart before the horse.