Marion at Graham updates

GMan

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's going on with the G-men? Are they youthful and rebuilding? I'm not used to seeing them getting thumped like they have this year. Graham is normally tough as nails.

15 seniors...no talent...no coaching...

What's going on with the G-men? Are they youthful and rebuilding? I'm not used to seeing them getting thumped like they have this year. Graham is normally tough as nails.

In my opinion more than anything else, their team is quitting, giving up mentally as the season progresses, not to undermine individual efforts, but as a team...........................

In my opinion more than anything else, their team is quitting, giving up mentally as the season progresses, not to undermine individual efforts, but as a team...........................

Never saw a Carlock-coached team quit. You knew it was 4 qtrs of hell when he was alive. Sounds like it is time for a new head honcho at Graham.

Well, hell, when you are running the same five plays that are not working, your coaches aren't making any sort of adjustments, and you're getting your ass kicked every week, I'm sure most would give up mentally...

Never saw a Carlock-coached team quit. You knew it was 4 qtrs of hell when he was alive. Sounds like it is time for a new head honcho at Graham.

To be fair, it happens sometimes with groups of players as a team when things snowball downhill throughout a season. It happened in '93 during bluefield's 0 - 10 season. They actually had a respectable team early, but they had a really difficult schedule and key injuries as the season went on, and by the end of the season they were nothing but showing up to the games finish out the season. It happens.

But it could be deeper rooted for certain it's hard to say.

Has Marion punted at all tonight? I know they didn't before half time.

They haven't had to...they did go for it on 4th down in the first half and didn't make it though...

To be fair, it happens sometimes with groups of players as a team when things snowball downhill throughout a season. It happened in '93 during bluefield's 0 - 10 season. They actually had a respectable team early, but they had a really difficult schedule and key injuries as the season went on, and by the end of the season they were nothing but showing up to the games finish out the season. It happens.

But it could be deeper rooted for certain it's hard to say.

The difference is, Graham isn't even showing up...

Well, hell, when you are running the same five plays that are not working, your coaches aren't making any sort of adjustments, and you're getting your ass kicked every week, I'm sure most would give up mentally...

Not disagreeing that there's a core reason for it though.