Giles-George Wythe score?

Hokiebird7

GW was up 20-7 in the 3rd qtr, that is when things turned around. Giles scores on a drive in which they converted a 4th down to cut the lead to 20-14. GW then fumbles the ensuing kickoff and Giles picks it up and runs it in for a TD to go up 21-20. Giles controlled the rest of the game and scored again with about 2 min to go to make it 28-20. I know Drew Lester got hurt, anybody have an update on him?

Once Lester went down, the offense couldn't get anything going. The defense then had little rush and nothing up the middle. We shot ourselves in the foot. We returned the opening kick of the second half for a TD and made it 20-7. Then we held them and had a chance to put a dagger in, and coulnd't convert and had to punt. They scored, then we fumbled the next kickoff and they ran it back. Then things just fell apart.

So you're saying Giles is'nt that good? Correct me if I'm wrong but did'nt GW move Drew all over the line trying to stop the giles rushing attack? IMO I don't think they had anybody that could stop Robertson(#22) inthe 4th quarter.

First of all you were right #5 played a great game(hurt), second the change from power to speed backs kept them off balance, third Giles will be just fine and fourth IMO giles will win the TRD (three rivers district). They have confidence and something to play for now.

I dont think he is saying Giles is not that good...Just that Lester made a huge impact not being in the game...and Floyd did not rush the ball that well untill he was gone....Giles is a great team...My opinion is that these 2 teams will see each other in November....I think Giles will win the TRD and GW the Hogo...and we will see from there...

So you're saying Giles is'nt that good? Correct me if I'm wrong but did'nt GW move Drew all over the line trying to stop the giles rushing attack? IMO I don't think they had anybody that could stop Robertson(#22) inthe 4th quarter.

Geez quit blowing up your kid. #5 is our best TB by a large margin...he runs harder,is faster and can actually throw the football....We need #5 at TB in order to get better IMO!

I'm not blowing anyone player up they played as a team and they won as a team. But if you were at the game and knew that #5 was hurt and #22 carried the load in the 4th quarter you would understand my post. You obviously know who I am so if you would like to discuss the matter further I ain't hard to find! JUST STAY HOME SICK AND THE BOYS DO THEIR THING.

Edited by vipermjr06

It was a team effort. Both tailbacks are good in different ways. Lester is definately a force, but I think his absense made little difference. Our 1st drive took maybe 5 plays, and 80 yards, with him at end. His main tackles were on the reverse when he was at nosegaurd. Other than that he was doubleteamed and trapped. GW is a good team. But none of us around here are as good as we were a few years back.

You just made my point for me....yes..Giles did score on their first possession..and Lester played the same position that whole drive...right end....then when he was moved all over the place and you CONCENTRATED 2 or 3 guys to block him..our linebackers were able to make their reads and tackles alot easier..Giles did not move the ball very well the rest of the first half...then when Lester was gone in the second half, you didnt have to worry about double and triple teaming one man which let your lineman straff off and block down field which opened up your running game...soooo...Lester was a major factor in your offense succeding in the second half

I hate the fact that Lester got hurt cause I've meet him and he is a fine athelete and I never want to see any players get hurt, but I believe he was wearing down before he got hurt and we were gaining momentum. The linebackers were biting on the 6 hole and the lateral was working for more yards.

I hate the fact that Lester got hurt cause I've meet him and he is a fine athelete and I never want to see any players get hurt, but I believe he was wearing down before he got hurt and we were gaining momentum. The linebackers were biting on the 6 hole and the lateral was working for more yards.

He was wearing down in the second quarter?

We dont change blocking schemes for anyone. In the single wing, the blocking is called at the line. We double team and trap every play. It dont matter if Bruce Smith is on the other side. The blocking wont change. When Lester was out, we were still double teaming and trapping. I alway love the 6 and 7 man front that GW uses. You guys have a good team. Im not sure double wing fits your personel this year.

We dont change blocking schemes for anyone. In the single wing, the blocking is called at the line. We double team and trap every play. It dont matter if Bruce Smith is on the other side. The blocking wont change. When Lester was out, we were still double teaming and trapping. I alway love the 6 and 7 man front that GW uses. You guys have a good team. Im not sure double wing fits your personel this year.

The wing has been solid this year. Just didn't execute too well against Giles. I think we might see this matchup later...depending on Lester getting back...if he does get back.