DirecTV local channels to start tomorrow should be on when you wake up...

futbolking

At least that's what I was told by DirecTV today. Locals should be authorized by tomorrow morning for all DirecTV customers in this area, shouldn't have to do anything to receive them. I was told to call if they weren't coming in.

So how did this work out for ya?

It didn't....as usual DirecTV operators don't know what the heck they're doing....they first told me they'd be on when I woke up and my old "RCA" receivers wouldn't need updated....

When I didn't receive the local channels when I woke up, I called and was told there was a "technical problem" and it should be fixed in 24 hours....

After 24 hours I called back....still no locals....they said I needed new receivers and they fed exed them to me....

I hooked up the receivers today....got them activated....still no locals, then I was told that they sent me the "wrong" receivers and I had to get them de-activated....hook up my old ones and get them "re-activated" until they can get a technician out here to hook up an upgraded satellite dish, which they now say I need.....

In the meantime, I am to send back the wrong receivers they sent me and wait until NOVEMBER the 18th for a technician to come to my house and install the new equipment...

Now, how do you think it's working out???...lol....I figured it wouldn't be easy...

It didn't....as usual DirecTV operators don't know what the heck they're doing....they first told me they'd be on when I woke up and my old "RCA" receivers wouldn't need updated....

When I didn't receive the local channels when I woke up, I called and was told there was a "technical problem" and it should be fixed in 24 hours....

After 24 hours I called back....still no locals....they said I needed new receivers and they fed exed them to me....

I hooked up the receivers today....got them activated....still no locals, then I was told that they sent me the "wrong" receivers and I had to get them de-activated....hook up my old ones and get them "re-activated" until they can get a technician out here to hook up an upgraded satellite dish, which they now say I need.....

In the meantime, I am to send back the wrong receivers they sent me and wait until NOVEMBER the 18th for a technician to come to my house and install the new equipment...

Now, how do you think it's working out???...lol....I figured it wouldn't be easy...

Could be worse...you could be a Comcrap customer....

I called DTV yesterday about getting the local channels, and they told me the same thing - you'll need all new equipment (ie - receivers, dish, everything...). Getting all new equipment would cost me $118.

I don't understand how a signal requires all new equipment? seems to me, that they just flip the switch on their end to unlock that channel (just like they did when I got Fox out off NY, and just like they do with my free 3 months of HBO, or Showtime, or whatever else they give me when I call for something that they can't give me.)

FYI - it took me 3 or 4 tries to get Fox, and every time I called and they said I couldn't get it, they would ask if I would like some movie channel free for 90 days (to sort of ease the pain I guess)

You guys should awitch to Dish Network if they are trying to charge you for new equipment. The only thing I have against Dish is where they do not offer the NFL Sunday Ticket but I know DirecTV has that licensed to them. Dish Network is offering the Red Zone package now though.

Do you have a CW channel with Direct? We were going to get Dish installed, they rep told me we would have local channels but when the guy showed up to install it, he said it was a sales pitch and we wouldn't get any local channels or any networks. They will probably get them by January. He said he thought Direct already had them but Direct charges more than Dish and he thought that was why they didn't get them as soon.

I called DTV yesterday about getting the local channels, and they told me the same thing - you'll need all new equipment (ie - receivers, dish, everything...). Getting all new equipment would cost me $118.

I don't understand how a signal requires all new equipment? seems to me, that they just flip the switch on their end to unlock that channel (just like they did when I got Fox out off NY, and just like they do with my free 3 months of HBO, or Showtime, or whatever else they give me when I call for something that they can't give me.)

FYI - it took me 3 or 4 tries to get Fox, and every time I called and they said I couldn't get it, they would ask if I would like some movie channel free for 90 days (to sort of ease the pain I guess)

It shouldn't cost you anything to get the upgrade...at least I was told that I wouldn't be charged for the upgrade, as long as I agreed to keep DirecTV for at least another year...also, it took me forever to get NBC, ABC, CBS and FOX out of New York (since I don't have locals).....Now I've been trying to get them cancelled for a couple of weeks....I've called 3 times, and they're still coming in....

I don't think these people are trained at all, I think it depends on which technician you get on the phone...

Do you have a CW channel with Direct? We were going to get Dish installed, they rep told me we would have local channels but when the guy showed up to install it, he said it was a sales pitch and we wouldn't get any local channels or any networks. They will probably get them by January. He said he thought Direct already had them but Direct charges more than Dish and he thought that was why they didn't get them as soon.

You can get CW for an extra $2.50 per month....that's what I did.